Ready or Not

phil bottle

Good concept, still looks rough around the edges. It does feel like there hasn't been a good squad game like this since Rainbow Six 3 I played on the OG Xbox.

Keep forgetting this game exists - feels like it's been around for years and still isn't out yet. I've never been too keen on the name just like that other game called Nine to Five but I hope it develops into a recognised tactical shooter that's of some quality. 

Yeah it's been in development for ages. You can access it before launch by buying the super duper version but yeah that's not happening. 

Still will keep an eye as its getting decent feedback and there's a Drewski video where he plays it with AI team mates that shows it off quite well.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 12/18/2021 at 4:38 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

Game has released today in early access and is currently sitting at Overwhelmingly Positive reviews. £31. Definitely might have a look at this as it's giving me SWAT 3/4 vibes and way more authentic than Rainbow Six. 

I think the last video you shared highlights it has some playability but possibly more so in a co-op situation. Let us know how you get on because i'd probably hold my monies until we saw some more feedback and if others here are willing to play and join in together on it. It would be some intense gaming sessions anyway!

The only thing holding me back is some behinds the scenes shenanigans around the reason its now live and also their publisher that worries me a little...but yeah I agree @GazzaGarratt you would want a few of us getting it and doing it properly.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 hours ago, phil bottle said:

The only thing holding me back is some behinds the scenes shenanigans around the reason its now live and also their publisher that worries me a little...but yeah I agree @GazzaGarratt you would want a few of us getting it and doing it properly.

BigFry's video the other day got me a bit worried - sounds like a lot of red tape surrounding this game. Not sure what's going on about the publisher situation but hopefully they have self-fund or pick someone up now that it's out and doing well. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-12-23-swat-game-loses-publisher-following-school-shooting-comments

So Team 17 were happy to publish the shooter but because it now contains a school level, that is the reason they've pulled out!? Oh well, that's their loss as this game is absolutely thriving whilst they are virtue signalling😅

I picked this up yesterday and had an hour or so on, it in between other games. 

It is very hard but the shooting mechanics are on point. You can customise your loadout and choose any weapon, nothing seems to be locked.

It's very slow paced, in fact there is no run mechanic and hitting left shift just makes you walk even slower😅

The AI need constant orders but I do like getting them to disable traps for me.

Very happy with it and I can recommend if you like your shooter experience to be hard core and tactical.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

25 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Wowser, that looks like its come a long way already. Aesthetically pleasing to the eye this game.

Yeah, the neon nightclub level is a thing to behold too.

Plays very well and in single player it's very easy to control your AI squad mates. It's very tactical and slow paced, except when the shooting starts 🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I like the idea of going back to basics.  Rainbow 6 got a bit silly with gadjits and tings, it lost its grounding in reality and I liked the idea of it being realistic.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

13 hours ago, BrettyBoy said:

Will this be released on PS4 and PS5?

No plans at present.

BTW I notice you've made a few posts on the forum. Head on over to Introductions and let us know all about you, so we can properly welcome you to the community, or call you a cunt, either is possible with this bunch of miscreants 🙂👍

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

31 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

I'm interested in this now.  It has a rainbow siege vibe, but without the silly toys aspect. 

I still have Escape From Tarkov to play before this and I'd suggest that you look at that too. @phil bottle will kill me otherwise 😅

Finally got round to picking this up   it's basically siege turned up to 11 on the realism scale.  Phil and I spent literally all night in one mission.  It was hard. Could do with maybe one more person to make it a bit easier.  I'm loving it though.

Found out there is a way to move faster, you need to bind the "low ready" function which essentially means you've lowered your gun and can move faster.