7 Days to Alpha 20

phil bottle

1 hour ago, Greboth said:

Were you in the party when I mentioned it to Macca?  I didn't think to actually check when the next release was though.

I'll have to watch the video to see what's new but maybe time for another play through.

Either you or Leeeeeigh mentioned it recently I think, probably why it was in my head to check

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I was a little burned out with 7 Days waiting for Alpha 20. But then it drops completely out of the blue🙂

Suffice to say, a lot of time will be spent on this. Will test it out this week and we'll probably then organise a dedicated server. I'll start a game server up tomorrow that we can play on while we test the new patch.

@RenFengge and @TurboR56Mini  you really need to join us in 7 Days to Die, it is so much fun accidentally killing @Greboth with dynamite despite friendly fire being switched on😁

To think how long ago it was that I saw @tronic44playing this and joined in, so many hours of fun 🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

5 minutes ago, Greboth said:

You “accidentally” killing me with dynamite will never not be equally funny and infuriating 😆

@Macca89 How do you feel about zombie horde survival games? 

Indeed and I will be forever sorry not sorry😅

@Macca89  it has snipers 

@Mikepjbell  and @techno  are also recent PC converts who might want to try it out for the first time too!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

41 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I was a little burned out with 7 Days waiting for Alpha 20. But then it drops completely out of the blue🙂

Suffice to say, a lot of time will be spent on this. Will test it out this week and we'll probably then organise a dedicated server. I'll start a game server up tomorrow that we can play on while we test the new patch.

@RenFengge and @TurboR56Mini  you really need to join us in 7 Days to Die, it is so much fun accidentally killing @Greboth with dynamite despite friendly fire being switched on😁

To think how long ago it was that I saw @tronic44playing this and joined in, so many hours of fun 🙂

858.8 hours of fun to be precise 😄

I'll defintiely be jumping on this, when i get the time.

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

Indeed and I will be forever sorry not sorry😅

@Macca89  it has snipers 

@Mikepjbell  and @techno  are also recent PC converts who might want to try it out for the first time too!

I'm definitely going to look into it as I'm on days in January as well.

Sounds like a decent amount of changes going on with this alpha.  I especially like the vehicle mods to have 2 people on a bike or 4 in the 4x4.

I’m not sure about the less ammo in loot crates though.  It was hard enough to get enough ammo for horde night as it was.  Hopefully there’s been some balancing done elsehwere to compensate for this.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

They had a streamer event over the weekend and plan to release the update this afternoon, US time. Probably looking at 8pm in the UK if all goes to plan. 

It's being released via the beta tab under experimental and they're recommending using the cleaning tool in the launcher to wipe any old builds before creating a new world.

The pre-made worlds, yes, that's plural, are all brand new too and they recommend trying them out before doing a random world generation.

I'll put full patch notes up later.

Trader missions look vastly improved.

This truly does look like a great update and I can't wait to get on it!

Alpha 21 will have a story mode 😍

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

The new patch dropped just before 8pm and I managed a couple of hours on it. @crispymorgan  joined my game for a bit too and slaughtered a bunch of undead.

The city we're in is massive and has a fantastic variety of buildings, it looks really good. So much to explore!

I've built a temporary base on top of a house but next time I'm on will look for somewhere more permanent to establish a home.

Not found any bugs yet and if it continues to run well then we will look to set up a dedicated server for it.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 12/6/2021 at 10:39 AM, phil bottle said:

The drone looks bloody awesome. We've never had something like that before! I'm also stocked by another quest variety added, alongside the Bicycle reward after 10 Tier 1 Quests - thats massive for us I believe.

Sounds like we'll have to be careful on the meds because the rarity is going up. At least it means people can help focus on certain skills to help the overall FG crew.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

On 12/8/2021 at 3:01 PM, Ajay said:

zombies ducking doesnt sound fun 

I forgot that was the only moment I watched it and thought "We're screwed" 😄

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb