COD VANGUARD IMPRESSIONS

Middle Class Caveman

Im debating getting this one to be honest, I enjoyed the multiplayer in the last game but then just got hooked on Warzone. 

I would like to get back into the multiplayer though if its half decent in this, otherwise I'll just keep on warzoning!

Twitch :  gdub_5252 follow to help me on my road to 50 followers 🙂

First Call of Duty I don't own on release and probably never will. Shame as it seems Sledgehammer have tried their hardest under very difficult circumstances but for many people, franchise fatigue is at its peak. I actually think Treyarch are largely to blame for people feeling this way as they've relied on recycled crap for such a long time now whilst providing users very little in terms of new and innovative content. At least SHG made a huge effort and this has been the case since Condrey and Schofield departed but WW2 again was a bit safe and uninspired. There's more original maps at launch in Vanguard than there was in the whole of Cold War which is pretty telling but I'm gonna save myself and see what Modern Warfare 2 2 does next year. 

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

franchise fatigue is at its peak.

I do think this is right, although that doesn't mean it won't be a shite game. I think it'll be the usual stuff, good to hear you've enjoyed the initial games @Middle Class Caveman .

@G_dub52  @Dan94  I will still play Warzone more often but I do miss Search and Destroy so much. However, that was only fun because we used to have quite a few of us online so we could party up in a 6 stack to go into that gamemode. Let us know if you try it out.

21 hours ago, G_dub52 said:

Im debating getting this one to be honest, I enjoyed the multiplayer in the last game but then just got hooked on Warzone. 

I would like to get back into the multiplayer though if its half decent in this, otherwise I'll just keep on warzoning!

@G_dub52  this one is much faster paced than Cold War. The time to kill is rapid.

signatures small.jpg

@phil bottle @techno  @J4MES OX4D

i get what you’re saying, I actually skipped Cold War. I bought it and played for a little bit but literally put it down before Xmas. So I think I’ve had my break from cod.

Fortunately for me, this one doesn’t ‘feel’ like any of the others where as Cold War just felt like MW.

By all accounts they’ve done a good job, the maps are good, the guns handle well and have up to 10 attachments, they’ve made changes to the game modes so you can play up to  10v10 on all of the different game modes.

It’s no Black Ops 2 but then no game ever will be. 

signatures small.jpg

7 hours ago, LordBaguette said:

Angry Joes review is fantastic. Basically the laziest most uninspired COD to date

-

Will have to watch that. What seems odd from the reviews I've watched is how much this titles reviews seem to have totally split the community

I can see this game being 50% off in two weeks. No matter how disappointing or broken Battlefield turns out and with Halo Infinite MP releasing for free next month, things really aren't boding well for COD even in the short term. If WW2 Warzone doesn't resonate with people then it will be a disaster and put the franchise in a very difficult place until the new Modern Warfare arrives.

This is what happens when developers have 15 months to make a game with limited resources. Treyarch once again half-assing the zombies making it look even worse. The fact Cold War is so loathed and now with Verdansk soon to be out of the window, people don't have much to fall back on either. 

This game probably shouldn't have happened and it could prove more costly to the franchise than what it would have if they'd simply skipped a year. 

I was not going to get this one, reviews all seem "iffy" at best, but my family needed some Christmas gift ideas for me so I figured what the hell why not, so I'll let them get it for me for Christmas. At least I won't be shelling out the $50 for it myself that way LOL. So we'll see how I like it in about 6 weeks I guess.

Vanguard is literally MW19 set in WW2, but with more maps and way more bugs.

The game is definitely a bit ropey for the lack of a good description.

It's not absolutely awful, but it definitely leaves the participant desiring more of something.

Lot's of challenges not tracking or bugged. Some of the challenges just seem long and tedious for no reason. The killstreaks aren't very original. I feel because it's "WW2" it's like other options aren't possible for the timeframe. Seems rather convenient. The TTK is fast, feels like your playing hardcore sometimes when your not.

Lots of "Broken" as in OP guns. More so with certain attachments. It's like nothing has been tested properly.

Pump action shotgun with fire damage shells and barrels to increase range etc. Literally feels like you could hipfire 1 shot 30m away. Another shotgun you can akimbo. Then there is another shotgun you can move supersonic speed and it's a semi auto shotgun.

Will post a link to a ridiculous video at the bottom so you can see what I mean.

Now for a few positives, there is loads of guns and plenty of maps. Some maps I haven't even played yet. The multiplayer experience beats MW19 for sure, without a doubt. There is more action and the maps flow pretty well for the most part.

Tactical Pacing is very interesting, you can increase the player amount effectively and make the game more intense with more people on smaller maps.

Operators have an interesting quirk, each one has a favourite gun. Meaning if you use said gun it will level the gun faster and also your operator. I think this has been used in an older FPS it sounds like a familiar idea.

All in all I only paid £20 for it on my PS4. (Had Game vouchers to use up).

I would say I get enjoyment out of it, but the game could be better. If they sort out a lot of the bugs etc it could definitely be more fun.

Gracey Auto Shotgun. 40 Second V2 Rocket On Core( Not Mine) 😂

This isn't hacking either it's legit, think his teammates avoid killing to let him go for it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nd4K4V8D1I

On 11/11/2021 at 7:47 PM, techno said:

Will have to watch that. What seems odd from the reviews I've watched is how much this titles reviews seem to have totally split the community

Agreed, does seem a bit marmite at this point. For me personally, it's the most fun I've had in a multiplayer for a while. Yeah there's tonnes of bugs with camos/challenges not tracking and a few OP guns (which no doubt will get nerfed) but in terms of play-ability and fun, I'm loving it. Just wish they'd go back to the classic prestige mode instead of this Fornite style seasonal shit.

8 hours ago, Dan94 said:

Shipment spawns have definitely improved this year...

The Flamethrower into the Spawn is BS for sure. But I think the spawns are better than MW19. There is slightly better angles to defend. Also you don't have the horrible sightlines of corner to corner on this one.

It's always going to be wild on this map. I think with the Tactical Pacing like Blitz can make it worse. 8v8 is nuts. Just explosions going off constantly.

So far the best I've managed was 108 Eliminations playing Dom 6v6. With the Combat Shotgun. 😈

This game actually looks way better than Battlefield now🤣

I may see if I can grab it around or after Christmas for £25 and just play through the campaign and offline bots to scratch my shooter itch. Not in the mood for any sweaty stuff and didn't enjoy the beta but this game for all its issues probably isn't all that tragic especially after seeing the state of 2042. 

I tried it for maybe 3 hours on the free weekend. Frustrating piece of shit in my opinion. I deleted it from my PS4 on the first day. 

I won't play it for free, I certainly ain't going to pay money for it

Plus I am not in favor of giving activision any money until Booby resigns 

The core gameplay of vanguard is actually pretty enjoyable for me, but fuck me if they can never put a full game together. So many little annoying glitches as previous posts have mentioned.  It’s more fun than BF 2042 at the moment anyway, so I imagine I’ll probably play this a bit more. 

*Bring on February and Elden Ring. 

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

20 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

This game actually looks way better than Battlefield now🤣

I may see if I can grab it around or after Christmas for £25 and just play through the campaign and offline bots to scratch my shooter itch. Not in the mood for any sweaty stuff and didn't enjoy the beta but this game for all its issues probably isn't all that tragic especially after seeing the state of 2042. 

It's not bad if you can get it for a good price. I've never been a fan of Battlefield and not played much of any of them. I watched one of the teaser videos you posted about 2042, it was some guy reloading an LMG on a rooftop. To be honest it looked like a warzone type ripoff.

I know Battlefield has existed way before Warzone.

I didn't want to comment or rubbish the game because it's not for me. But other people were excited for it and I didn't want to hate on it.

2042 looks like a disgrace and a flop to the franchise. All I've heard is "Glitchy Buggy Mess"

Vanguard ain't perfect, but have had 3 updates already and the game has only been out 2 weeks. SHG are at least listening and trying to improve people's experiences. 

On 11/5/2021 at 10:22 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

First Call of Duty I don't own on release and probably never will. Shame as it seems Sledgehammer have tried their hardest under very difficult circumstances but for many people, franchise fatigue is at its peak. I actually think Treyarch are largely to blame for people feeling this way as they've relied on recycled crap for such a long time now whilst providing users very little in terms of new and innovative content. At least SHG made a huge effort and this has been the case since Condrey and Schofield departed but WW2 again was a bit safe and uninspired. There's more original maps at launch in Vanguard than there was in the whole of Cold War which is pretty telling but I'm gonna save myself and see what Modern Warfare 2 2 does next year. 

I couldn’t disagree more. This is by far the best launch for a cod game in ages. There are a few bugs to be fixed but game play is fun. Adding blitz pacing was a fantastic idea. Launching with 18 maps and having some 24v24 is a great mix. Kill streaks are strong but don’t ruin the game. They need to balance a few guns but almost all are very usable.