New project RC

Drifter

After finishing up my giant 1/5 scale monster truck build back in the spring I had told myself that was going to be the last project/build for a very very long time. Guess that idea lasted all of maybe 6 months  :lol: I really couldn't help it though. I have been wanting a set of Freestyle Rc axles for numerous years now, but they are so popular with guys in the Rc MT scene because they are so durable that there's actually a wait list dozens of people long at almost any given time. So when these popped up on a FB rc group last week I jumped on them. So starting to collect parts for this project now.

Just got the axles and also picked up a set of Imex Pullers tires which I have always wanted to use on a build. Also ordered an RJ Speed 50's Sportsman body for it which looks a lot like a 55 Chevy. Plans are to build another tube chassis out of steel tubing and probably run a Castle brushless system. Will post pics of the build as it progresses.

axles.jpg

I love these builds you do!

So, been wondering if you have ever seen this guy's work?

isla_fullxfull.31610804_cq0ftoxc.jpg?ver
WWW.ETSY.COM

You searched for: classicwrecks! Discover the unique items that classicwrecks creates. At Etsy, we pride ourselves on our global community of sellers. Each Etsy seller helps contribute to a global...

Had a bit of a lull in this project. Lots going on for one thing, then I spent the last month really sick with the rona, and also taking care of my 77 yr old Mom who also has it and spent 10 days in the hospital. Trying to care for her right now is a very time consuming thing. But I'm feeling better myself lately so I finally got back in the shop to do a little work on this to help relieve some of the stress I have right now with everything going on. 3D printed the motor and other related motor parts, made an air filter for the super charger scoop as well as some blower straps and some plug wires made out of PLA filament.

motor1.jpg

Finished the racing seat & driver for the new truck build project I'll be starting soon. I couldn't find a 3D STL file for a driver I liked, so I used a WW2 pilot file I found that had proportions I liked and then modified it a bit. I printed it at 65% infill so that it would be sturdier to work with so I could heat it up and bend it to the positions I liked then ran cold water over it to re-harden it in that position. Sanded down the helmet and added a visor to it to give it more of a race look. Painted up a drivers suit, and made a 5 point harness out of some nylon strapping. Steel tubing should be here by the weekend so I will be starting bending/welding up the chassis soon for this project.

driver1.jpg

driver2.jpg

driver3.jpg

driver4.jpg

Got some more done on the latest build this morning. I like to do a bit different design on each tube chassis I make so did a bit different lay out of the gusset/support bards on the side plates on this one and like how it turned out. Looks funny right now without the cab/upper cage built, but will start on those in a few days when I get time, gotta do some "real work" over the next few days

7.jpg

6.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg