NFL Fantasy League with FG?

GazzaGarratt

I'm not sure if its too late as the season has started but i'm trying to think of ways to get more into NFL abit more and I'm thinking that to help me (and maybe others that want to learn too) that we could do a Fantasy Football league with some of you veteran NFL experts? I know we need a few names because there is a draft as part of the setup which don't really understand so if there is also someone to help me set it up that would be awesome.

What do you reckon folks? Could be a decent laugh too as we set up each week against each other? 😄

I'll tag a few NFL people I can remember! @Antpool84  @Baabcat  @Plumbers Crack  @Jason  @TigerBurge  @G_dub52  @jordie1892  @Lurrchh  and anyone else that wants to get involved for the lolz (and learning! 🤣)

If you Google it there are official ones that might give you some ideas. You may be able to do something regarding picking winners weekly or lowest score, highest score, highest and lowest aggregate score that wouldn't matter about the season starting and would give some interest without going in too deep to rosters etc.

I normally Google NFL scores which gives weekly match ups. 

Thanks for the advice Gary @techno , I really don't mind what we use tbh, as its for learning and fun.

@Jason , what would you say is a good time to start looking at it? When does the season/draft start each year?

27 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Thanks for the advice Gary @techno , I really don't mind what we use tbh, as its for learning and fun.

@Jason , what would you say is a good time to start looking at it? When does the season/draft start each year?

It starts 7 weeks ago 😂

Sometime early September. 

21 minutes ago, techno said:

It starts 7 weeks ago 😂

Sometime early September. 

Balls 🤦‍♂️🤣🤣

When does the draft happen though? So we start looking at it in Augustm, yeah? Anyone else fancy it though next year (or this year if we still wanna do something)?

10 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I'm not sure if its too late as the season has started but i'm trying to think of ways to get more into NFL abit more and I'm thinking that to help me (and maybe others that want to learn too) that we could do a Fantasy Football league with some of you veteran NFL experts? I know we need a few names because there is a draft as part of the setup which don't really understand so if there is also someone to help me set it up that would be awesome.

What do you reckon folks? Could be a decent laugh too as we set up each week against each other? 😄

I'll tag a few NFL people I can remember! @Antpool84  @Baabcat  @Plumbers Crack  @Jason  @TigerBurge  @G_dub52  @jordie1892  @Lurrchh  and anyone else that wants to get involved for the lolz (and learning! 🤣)

Could be a bit late as next week is Week 6 out of 17 and one team is 5-0 so we know who's hot 😂😂

I'll join in if someone can think of a way of doing it 👍

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

11 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Could be a bit late as next week is Week 6 out of 17 and one team is 5-0 so we know who's hot 😂😂

I'll join in if someone can think of a way of doing it 👍

6-0 now 😉 Come on the Cardinals! 

Would defo be interested in this for next season 🤙

Twitch :  gdub_5252 follow to help me on my road to 50 followers 🙂

20 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Balls 🤦‍♂️🤣🤣

When does the draft happen though? So we start looking at it in Augustm, yeah? Anyone else fancy it though next year (or this year if we still wanna do something)?

Mid August is definitely about the time you want to do a draft. The nfl draft is in April and you tend to get a lot of movement throughout the summer. Like otgers have said we are in week 7 now so its a little late to start one for this season, but it is deffo something i'd be down for getting involved with next season dude

1 hour ago, Baabcat said:

I'd be up for it. Shame we cant start now, but i suspect the draft process takes a bit of doing !

Yeah, ive done it once and we did a mock draft a week before our proper one so everyone could get a handle on how it works

21 hours ago, Antpool84 said:

Yeah, ive done it once and we did a mock draft a week before our proper one so everyone could get a handle on how it works

Thats a solid idea dude, we should do that too!

Twitch :  gdub_5252 follow to help me on my road to 50 followers 🙂

Brill, thanks all so far for your replies. I'll leave it for this year but want to add it onto our Calendar of stuff to look forward to next year. @Antpool84 , love the idea of a mock up one - based on timings above, when is best to do a mock up one? Is it July ahead of August properly setting it up?

23 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Brill, thanks all so far for your replies. I'll leave it for this year but want to add it onto our Calendar of stuff to look forward to next year. @Antpool84 , love the idea of a mock up one - based on timings above, when is best to do a mock up one? Is it July ahead of August properly setting it up?

Yeah, July would probably be a good time to do one, we could do a couple if needed so that everyone who takes part can get the hang of it before the actual draft. I think we would probably need between 8 and 12 people involved to make it a decent league, if you have too many teams everyone ends up with the bottom of the barrell players so having a smaller amount means everyone can get a relatively decent team which will make it more fun and competitive

37 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

When do we need to start thinking about this again @Antpool84 ?

@GazzaGarratt we can start looking at it now really. I think the best thing to do is ill start a new thread for this coming season and tag peeps from this thread, pop in a link to the app and a couple of guides and we can get one set up with time for a mock draft or two so everyone can get a feel for it 😊