Zachtronics Games

J4MES OX4D

Anyone familiar with this developer and their range of Steam games? These are primarily logic-based titles revolving around coding and complex input/output-based puzzles. I'm sure a few have heard of SpaceChem which was one of their games from 10 years ago but since then they have developed a nice little range of popular and deeply rewarding titles.

My personal favourite and the most accessible title is Opus Magnum which is a chemistry-themed title where you build compounds through placed inputs using machines. 

There is also the much harder but very interesting Shenzhen I/O - an assembly language themed game where you code circuits and program devices

One of their newer titles is EXAPUNKS which is an open-ended hacking game where you program registers and nodes

And SpaceChem which was one of their earlier works

Plus there's other titles like TIS-100, MOLEK-SYNTEZ and the absolutely fantastic Infinifactory which is a first person 3D puzzle game. 

The other great thing about these games is being able to optimise your solution - for example, you may have completed the set task but with tweaking, you may be able to reduce the amount of cycles, parts needed or lines of code. These games each come with a detailed manual which has to be read but they are amazing to learn and satisfying to play. Definitely worth a look if you're interesting in something different.  

Never heard of these although they look incredible. Funny though, because I find these are like an amazing, well presented posh dinner. You can apprecitae the presentation and effort that goes into it but that doesn't mean i'll like it! I wouldn't know where to start with these.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb