Destiny Content Vault - Next Upcoming Update

GazzaGarratt

Last week Bungie announced the next plans to rotate some of the existing content out to replace it with the new and returning content in Year 5 of Destiny 2.

The tldr facts to be aware of:

Being Removed on Feb 22nd 2022 (when Witch Queen DLC is released)

• Forsaken Campaign
  • Tangled Shore Destination
  • Presage Exotic Mission (Dead Man's Tale Scout Rifle)
  • Harbinger Exotic Mission (Hawkmoon Handcannon)
  • Most of Year 4 seasonal content (as expected)

Notable things that are staying/becoming free to play

• Forsaken Campaign Free to Play from December 7th
  • New Forsaken Pack (Free to people that have paid already for Forsaken)
    • Last Wish Raid
    • Shattered Throne Dungeon
    • Forsaken Exotics (3 Ciphers to unlock a few straight away)
  • Proving Grounds Strike
  • Battlegrounds Activity (From Feb 22nd, it will be included in a new Vanguard Operations Playlist) - Free to Play
  • Warden of Nothing Strike will remain in game and free to play
  • Spider's Currency Exchange will move to Master Rahool in the Tower on Feb 22nd

This all happens because of the way they created content and how they are trying to evolve it to make it an easier and smaller product to ship. My main concern isn't removing the Forsaken campaign and Tangled Shore, cos lets face facts, no one does that Campaign over and over and we only go Tangled Shore for Glimmer, etc from the Spider. What I'd love to see is some/all missions come back somehow from each campaign so newer players and us ol' veterans can re-live the campaigns. I'm thinking with the new 'Legendary' option on the missions coming with Witch Queen gives hope that they're trying to get back to the regular missions becoming available in some form of playlist - one can keep wishing.

To all you new players and ones that didn't buy Forsaken....DON'T BUY FORSAKEN! The best DLC ever released can be played by yourselves on December 7th FOR FREE, alongside the new 30th Anniversary new content drop. I think I might wait until Dec 7th and take one of my other characters through the whole thing again alongside some of the newer FG folk.

Whats everyone's thoughts on it? I'd love to see more 'Best Of' playlists, especially Raids and Dungeons...maybe with additional 6 player activities too - we need more of them!!

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

1 hour ago, techno said:

Tbh not going to miss any of that and having the currency exchange in the tower is an improvement.

Yeah, me neither. There isn't a current use for it all atm and that will defo save time in the Tower now. Lets hope they move it to mobile as well at some point like bounties have.

1 hour ago, techno said:

Actually I'll miss the fanatic strike. 

I think its because Hollowed Lair is Scorn and there isn't any Scorn Champions to make it fit stuff like GMs, etc, therefore they need to create more models for it before it would come back again.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Yeah, me neither. There isn't a current use for it all atm and that will defo save time in the Tower now. Lets hope they move it to mobile as well at some point like bounties have.

I think its because Hollowed Lair is Scorn and there isn't any Scorn Champions to make it fit stuff like GMs, etc, therefore they need to create more models for it before it would come back again.

No champions for Hollowed lair, your fucking crazy. Go run the GM and see how you get on with them little fucking mini baby screebs climbing up the walls around you like little suicide bombers 😂😂