GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition

J4MES OX4D

This did not age well

2935554-gtav_pc_fme_highestskydive_1.jpg
WWW.GAMESPOT.COM

Strauss Zelnick believes there is reason why remasters from his company may perform better than the competition.

This also did not age well 

https://screenrant.com/cyberpunk-2077-take-two-criticized-unpolished-bugs-glitches/

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Just seen online that the PC version has been unplayable for 3 days, not sure how much of that is true?

The Rockstar Social Club was down for the entire first day along with all their games including GTA 4 and Red Dead 2, and then the GTA Trilogy remained unplayable for two days after that because the developers left files in the game which could've impacted its legal rating due to the x-rated nature. The files have now been removed and the game is playable once more plus the RSC services are normal. Absolute shit show though and refunds should have been given across the board. 

Yeah, I feel for anyone who paid for this. I tried out San Andreas on gamepass and laughed my arse off at how poor some of it is. They could have done so much with those games but they palmed it off for a quick buck. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

29 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Yeah, I feel for anyone who paid for this. I tried out San Andreas on gamepass and laughed my arse off at how poor some of it is. They could have done so much with those games but they palmed it off for a quick buck. 

Word seems to be coming out that the games are basically mobile ports with the exception of GTA 3 which looks better than the original PS2 version but WORSE than Liberty City Stories on the PSP handheld😂

Also seems they used an AI to generate the text which explains all the horrendous spelling errors. Be interested to see how the did things like pictures and character models. The most telling thing about this is how lazy they are - they didn't do anything by hand and it's no more than a mobile port-rip. The amount of high quality mods that died for these games is tragic and Rockstar probably could've hired gamers to recreate these instead of some shitty mobile developer to do a quick cash grab. 

I'm am over the moon I didn't buy into this trash. Now I have to think about what to do with BF2042...

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I'm am over the moon I didn't buy into this trash. Now I have to think about what to do with BF2042.

If youre comparing these two and others out atm, then BF2042 really isn't a bad buy at all. Looks like you don't get anything new for your money on this port.

The GTA Defective Edition trilogy has been added silently to Steam with very little fanfare. No update(s) since March 2022 but they did manage to fix the spelling errors caused by AI generation, some missing textures, character models, other visual bugs plus they added the haze effect to mask the draw distance scaling. Currently £27 from £55 which is disgusting really. These are mobile ports made by a fringe studio that used AI to generate the city and borrowed assets from Unreal. Such a disgrace! 

Hmm.  I may pick this up for iOS.  Just to have for shits and giggles on the road.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*