Guardians of the Galaxy - Surprise Hit?

LordBaguette

When the first trailer came out, I thought it looked pretty generic / boring. After watching this video though, I am surprised by how good this game actually looks, and I think everyone else it by the sounds of it. Looks like it may be a surprise hit

cba

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

It certainly looks better than expected but I hope it's not another Marvel Avengers dogshit live service framework. I haven't really followed this game but if it's anything like the last then it'll probably turn into another post-launch catastrophe. 

Its a different company and single player only, so unlikely

cba

13 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I thought they were both primarily developed by Eidos Montreal under the direction of Square Enix? 

Square Enix is the publisher. Avengers is made by Crystal Dynamics, and Guardians by Eidos

cba

2 hours ago, LordBaguette said:

Square Enix is the publisher. Avengers is made by Crystal Dynamics, and Guardians by Eidos

Just checked and Eidos Montreal were co-developers on Avengers with CD and Nixxes. Not sure who was to blame with Avengers but hopefully Eidos Montreal standalone will thrive like they did with the Deus Ex reboots. If it's single player then hopefully Square Enix wont botch the framework by adding MTX's.

Its funny @phil bottle cos SkillUp absolutely raves about the game so I think it'll definitely hit the mark for some people. Feels like a PS5 purchase than a PS4 one due to the graphical enhancements in it