Gun room finished

Drifter

Yet another "happy place in Steve-topia" pretty much finished 🙂 the gun room is about done. Only ones not on the new wall I built are a new tactical 12g which I'll be picking up from my FFL Mon/Tues & the home defense one which stays next to the bed. Everything is not only nicer looking in the new area, but nice and secure behind steel dead bolted doors, blocked off window, and also have a bunch of trigger locks on the way so that the only gun usable without being unlocked will be the home defense 12g I keep with me.
I dunno if I'm an introvert whom hardly leaves home because Steve-topia is such a cool place....or if Steve-topia is such a cool place because I'm an introvert whom hardly leaves home. I dunno, chicken or egg I guess. Introverts unite!....alone, in your own home, away from me 😁

room1.jpg

room2.jpg

room3.jpg

Wow! Looks awesome! It's so satisfying when I see a fellow introvert completely make a space into what they want.

I almost got there, but now I have to share my game room with @TurboR56Mini  hahaha. :: cries ::

9 hours ago, RenFengge said:

a fellow introvert

If you're an introvert, I'm Ryan Reynolds (swoon). 

Steve that looks fuckin ace mate, when the zombies invade I'm staying at yours 😄 

Also the weight loss is astonishing, you're literally half the man you were when we met! Bravo sir, looking very good. 

banlol.png

Thanks Dave, I've lost about 180lbs total since I started getting back in shape some years ago. I'd still like to drop another 20-25lbs. Have been working on cutting back and eating better again. Pushing up against 50 yrs old here in a few months though, so body does not react quick as fast now at this age as it did when I was younger.

Niece's husband & I went to the range this evening. Had a great time. Between the two of us we took four pistols. Glock48, Glock19, CZ Shadow 2, and single action revolver. Was the most rounds I put through the Glock in one outing so far, put 100 rds through it today. Nice to be able to start putting that many through it and able to get a feel for that one now. I put about 10 rds through his CZ...that gun is a dream to shoot, but at $2300 there's no way I would ever drop that much on a pistol, but damn it is a smooth running gun. More weight than my Glock but that makes the perceived recoil seem about 30% less than my Glock. The single action revolver was a fun little pistol, first rds I have put through that since buying it. Feels really weird going from a semi-auto Glock to a single action old west style gun with iron sights. 

Really giving some consideration to the idea of getting into buying all the items to start reloading. I want to tryin get out to the range weekly now, and after going through about 300 rds total today bewteen the two of us, I know learning to reload my own, at least 9mm loads would save me a ton of money over time.

The Impact Pro electronic ear protection was really nice. Glad I bought those over some of the others I considered. I still wore in ear foams under the Impact Pros just because with my Tinnitus I have to be real careful, but the combo of in ear and over the ear was perfect, even after all those rounds we popped off, plus the guy next to use that was blasting off a 12g, it didn't bother my tinnitus anymore than it has been so that was good.

Actually I'm planning on that after the holidays. Palmetto sells some blem upper & lowers for hell of good deals. I have a buddy that has put together about a dozen of them and he's said he's yet to notice where the blem is even at on any of them.

Made the rounds today to a few gun stores. Was really good to find that ammo supply is finally catching up with demand now. And prices are finally going back down. Needs to go down more, but at least it's going in the right direction. Came home with 200rds of 9mm for $100 Might go back next week and snag another 100 or so.

9mm.jpg

Above vid from today. Went and put another 100 rds downrange. Got a new flared magwell for the Glock so had to test it out.

Still putting about 60% of my shots low left. Not sure if I'm pushing the muzzle in anticipation of the recoil or what, but working on that. Had a good number in the red zone of the target today though.

gun1.jpg

gun2.jpg