New GamesMaster series on E4

Antpool84

So just read an article that a brand new series of GamesMaster will be starting on E4 later this year, and it's something i will definitely be watching. I used to love the original series back in the day with Patrick Moore as the GamesMaster himself. Anyone else think they will give this a watch when it comes out?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.gamesradar.com/amp/classic-gaming-show-gamesmaster-returns-to-our-screens-later-this-year/

GamesMaster was brilliant back in the day but I'm not sure how it will translate now in any form especially with the likes of YouTube and its thousands of channels doing a variety of formats. Not sure how they could bring it up to date and make it viable and original. It was definitely a unique show when I watched it as a kid as it was fascinating to see all sorts of games in action and to see people face-off but the internet has made this possible with millions of easily accessible videos spanning nearly two decades so they'd have to have a very big hook else it'll be a dated rehash of old and tired ideas. 

Be interesting to see what they do with it though. 

Oh yes! Nice find @Antpool84 . As it says, they won't recreate what they had, I think just taking the name alone will just create a bit of buzz to entice viewers in. Its crazy to think we've waited this long for a show like this on more mainstream TV when the video game industry is one of the biggest in the world. I can see it being filled with snippets of news, game tips and moments like what TikTok gives you these days.

On 9/15/2021 at 1:17 PM, phil bottle said:

If it had Dominik Diamond back in it I'd definitely watch, he used to crack me up 😁

I'd totally go for that. He was utterly bonkers.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb