Spiderman 2

Antpool84

Ok, so breaking down the short glimpse we got of Spiderman 2 last night during the Playstation showcase, it looks like we will be able to play as both Peter Parker Spidey and Miles Morales during the game, though it will be interesting to see if you get a choice at certain points of the game or whether it will just give you the character needed depending on the campaign point. 

Looking forward to how they bring Venom into the game, amd whether he will be playable at any point, even if they bring out some DLC to play through, maybe bringing Carnage into the game universe. After rewatching the trailer it clicked that the voiceover is Kraven the Hunter, so looking forward to find out if they are going to use one of the comic storylines or go their own way with the game.

What do you guys think? Personally i'm really looking forward to this one as i spent so mamy hours playing the first one 😁

I'm certainly gonna keep my eye on this but it's not out until 2023 so I'm not sure why they announced it so prematurely. I know there's a lack of games on PS5 but filling it with titles that are miles away at the earliest isn't ideal. I didn't get Morales but I did enjoy the first game however they really need to do away with all the filler like towers and copy and paste activities because it stinks of a Ubisoft-inspired title. I was seriously taken aback at how cheap some of the gameplay was in the original outside of the spectacular swinging which was implemented really well. The busywork needs to be cut out and they need to strike a better balance with pacing and providing a consistently enjoyable experience rather than one that's all over the place.  Stealth was also shite from what I remember. 

If they can capture the brilliance of the Batman games then they'll get it right but if they repeat the same mistakes, I don't think people will be as forgiving especially in a couple of years time.

On 9/10/2021 at 2:40 PM, Antpool84 said:

it looks like we will be able to play as both Peter Parker Spidey and Miles Morales during the game, though it will be interesting to see if you get a choice at certain points of the game or whether it will just give you the character needed depending on the campaign point.

This would be a huge opportunity to make this a co-op campaign, and if they don't I just think it won't be anything else other than an own goal not to.

On 9/10/2021 at 2:40 PM, Antpool84 said:

Looking forward to how they bring Venom into the game, and whether he will be playable at any point,

Makes sense to try but depends in the game world if they will play him out as a good guy in the story I suppose. Would be ace to see for sure.

On 9/10/2021 at 4:50 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

it's not out until 2023 so I'm not sure why they announced it so prematurely.

It is a shame for sure but they have now got to make 2 games at Insomniac Games with Wolverine being confirmed as @Macca89  mentioned last night. I think it more goes against Sony for showing us games possibly 2-3 years out on their Showcase than Insomniac and this sequel. No doubt the game will hit the spot as they have made some incredible games of late.