5 hours ago, Mikepjbell said:

Actually great idea, and potentially stream so those in the party chat can watch if they'd like?

Do you like to watch? Do you sir?

But yes, it could be a good idea if people need help with a licence or something.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Also, I like slow track cars. Meet TrackRAT with that Hayashi flow... 175hp of naturally aspirated ported and polished Japanese goodness. IRL, it's really all you need. 

17f815b0d5c48-screenshotUrl.thumb.jpg.738ad5a3cd6b5e9a3019e48f91aba531.jpg

5 hours ago, TurboR56Mini said:

Also, I like slow track cars. Meet TrackRAT with that Hayashi flow... 175hp of naturally aspirated ported and polished Japanese goodness. IRL, it's really all you need. 

17f815b0d5c48-screenshotUrl.thumb.jpg.738ad5a3cd6b5e9a3019e48f91aba531.jpg

In Gran Turismo my favourite non GT3 car is the Mazda Roadster, and we'll definitely be doing some races in that 👊

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

7 hours ago, Shucker said:

"Hey Shucker! Enjoying GT7? YEAH! Of course you are!

Wanna know what's even more fun? Get a load of this...

So, you know those Porsches you can't handle cuz they're more squirmy than Greebs with a colony of fire ants in his pants? Yeah, those ones. Well, we're gonna make you jack 'em up to 650PP and then we're throwing you into the Nurburgring!

Yeah, THAT track. That massive, terrifying, unforgiving track you don't know... AT ALL. The one that eats 14 cars before breakfast.

Sound fun? No?!?! Not a fan?

Hmmm...

Well, what if we throw in a torrential downpour about three minutes into the race. The kind of rain that, for some reason, turns the cuddly little AI into a pack of frickin' gremlins all jacked up on Mountain Dew. 

I know you're barely holding on to 10th place and are 46 seconds behind the leader, but trust me... you're gonna do great!

And don't worry... if you somehow manage to place in the top three, the good times don't have to stop there. In the next race, let's have some real fun and throw a live cougar in the passenger seat just for kicks."

Ha ha I'm a bit I'd a freak as Nurburgring is my favourite track. I'm with you on the change of weather though 😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

@Shucker  If you retry you get the same weather but if you exit out the race fully, so back to the menu, you get different weather when you back to the race.

I was doing the Touring Car 700 race last night at the Nord and rained while I was on slicks.  I quit to buy intermediates, did the race again but this time instead of heavy rain, the rain clouds got close to the circuit but it never actually rained.

I assume the weather settings are the same when you reload a mission so there will still be rain around but it might be a way to get slightly more favourable weather.

4 hours ago, TurboR56Mini said:

My crowing achievement for this evening!

17f81a50c5165-screenshotUrl.jpg

That sound you hear totally isn’t me turning my playstation on right now 😆

A nice time though 🙂 I look forward to some wheel to wheel action if you join one of our lobbies.

2 hours ago, Greboth said:

That sound you hear totally isn’t me turning my playstation on right now 😆

I got you guys on a few others in IB. I cannot for the life of me get dirt down. I'm absolutely trash. 

6 hours ago, TurboR56Mini said:

My crowing achievement for this evening!

17f81a50c5165-screenshotUrl.jpg

@GazzaGarratt, can we make beating @Greboth a medal for GT7? Make a nice glowing pic of his avatar!!! I need acknowledgement of my probably short lived achievement!

2 hours ago, TurboR56Mini said:

I got you guys on a few others in IB. I cannot for the life of me get dirt down. I'm absolutely trash. 

There’s quite a few bugged dirt ones at the minute as the game incorrectly puts you on road tyres rather dirt ones.  On the screen select for world map/music rally you can select the known issues at the bottom for a full list of bugged tests/missions.

2 hours ago, TurboR56Mini said:

@GazzaGarratt, can we make beating @Greboth a medal for GT7? Make a nice glowing pic of his avatar!!! I need acknowledgement of my probably short lived achievement!

Well now you see, I wasn’t really going to go back to those missions but gotta say, now I’m tempted to 😄 

@TurboR56Mini  ahem!

1D7F5B59-E36C-4DAC-B96D-9B5AF510FF1B.thumb.jpeg.7cdcdc94fe6b3e339218d48086a45855.jpeg

Even @Mikepjbell  had beaten me so I had to do something about it 😂 tbh though I’m sure I’ve been beaten on a few as once I get gold I cba to repeat it.  I know there’s one licence I got exactly on the gold time so that shouldn’t be too hard to beat.

Finally finished all the cafe books tonight and, with the exception of 2;1 with the tyre bug and the other using a car I don't own yet, all the challenges are done too 🙂  Now on to all the circuit experiences, I've done a handful so lots still to go.  Not that the rally ones are possible currently either due to the tyre bug but oh well.

On to some good new bad news for me, the bad news I am now broke in the game 😢 the good new though? I am the proud owner of a Ferrari F40 😄

993868372_GranTurismo7_20220313220529.thumb.jpg.1cf19c9fb87965beca527e20f529f241.jpg

Yea saw this. I've been looking for years and still have not pulled the trigger. I'd rather have the full rig to do it properly so it's probably like 3k. 

I'm planning that trip to the arctic in Alaska. Need to buy a lot of expensive equipment, will probably concentrate on that over this. That money buys my roof top tent!

47 minutes ago, Shucker said:

Rooftop tent wins everytime. No question. 

Honestly, the G29 is a very good belt driven wheel and provides great immersion compared to controller. Certainly enough value to fill in the gap for a couple of year before going full on Fanatec.

Yea honestly will probably stick with the controller even. I don't really have a spot to use a wheel since I play the PS5 on the 77" on the wall from the couch. I would need to have a chair at a minimum anyway. Plenty of space but most the benefit of a wheel for me would be the proper seating position and pedals etc. Left foot braking I'm used to, left hand braking is another story.

8 minutes ago, TurboR56Mini said:

Yea honestly will probably stick with the controller even. I don't really have a spot to use a wheel since I play the PS5 on the 77" on the wall from the couch. I would need to have a chair at a minimum anyway. Plenty of space but most the benefit of a wheel for me would be the proper seating position and pedals etc. Left foot braking I'm used to, left hand braking is another story.

Yeah, same reason I only use the wheel on PC.

The PS5 controller is excellent and I've set up the sensitivity to make it feel good.

BTW

Has anyone tried to use the motion controls?

In the controller options menu is the choice to use motion controls in place of the analog stick, emulating the feeling of turning a steering wheel.

I've heard it works well but not tried it...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Picked it up for the first time over a week...I can't believe the second one. I'll take the screenshot so I can say 'I woz there!' whilst no one is under 18 seconds!

FOAIf9eXwAc55fw.jpg

FOAIgj-WYAQ8S7J.jpg

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb