I can collect again!!!!! My first purchase was my car, an '05 Mini. Although not a JCW like mine, it will do. Got through my B in gold, working on my A. Had to break for D2 as I promised to be on the raid team team. So far I'm right in the middle for most. I like being the meat in the FGGT sandwich.

2 hours ago, Capn_Underpants said:

How is everyone liking it?

It is definitely fully fleshed out thats for sure. You don't actually unlock the Multiplayer until you finish Menu Book 9, which I think looking back is a good thing. Usually if you just pick up the game people don't fully understand everything that's going on, so this early learning as the game flows you about everywhere is really helpful - and it means you have a good bunch of cars to start your collection too.

Looking forward to going back on soke licences and circuit experiences to see where I land in the FG pack as I've usually just tried to get gold and then move on so far!

Oh, and it definitely feels more challenging to drive the cars. Haptic feedback on a PS5 controller may have something to do with that.

Knowing most of the tracks definitely helps with some of the challenges. Although I did have to make one race 'medium' difficulty as my car was simply not keeping pace.

It also took me a while to realise if I want to change my power output to get my PP down, I have to buy a mod for each car that enables that option in the tuning.

It's been great so far and I'm enjoying it a lot.

I'm switching between this and Cyberpunk as my main games right now.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, VGon_BGon48 said:

The tuning for me is a little confusing never really understood it

This is what I'm struggling with in daily races at the moment. People who are really nerdy have their cars tuned to a ridiculous level and I'm way too casual for that, so it's not as enjoyable for me as GT Sport was at the moment!

6 hours ago, VGon_BGon48 said:

I'm liking it as well it's a little difficult for me but that's due to lack of skill/knowledge about the game I'm thinking of turning off the brake assist 

Whilst it will feel like a steep early learning curve, I'd personally try and turn the assists off. I stuck mine immediately on expert because I do think its more about learning the tracks more as @phil bottle said. Finding the braking points and good racing lines that work for you. Sometimes the aids will hold you back and if you have them on for a long time, it becomes a struggle to readjust imo.

5 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Knowing most of the tracks definitely helps with some of the challenges. Although I did have to make one race 'medium' difficulty as my car was simply not keeping pace.

It also took me a while to realise if I want to change my power output to get my PP down, I have to buy a mod for each car that enables that option in the tuning.

It's been great so far and I'm enjoying it a lot.

I'm switching between this and Cyberpunk as my main games right now.

Good to know about PP tuning. You'll have to share which mod it is so we know which one to always buy for all the cars.

2 hours ago, VGon_BGon48 said:

The tuning for me is a little confusing never really understood it

Yeah, that will be the biggie for us all. I'm not used to it at all and not a petrol head either so alot of the tuning goes over my head. However, thats what our chats are for on here and I think we can help each other by sharing what people have found that works well and not so well when they test each tuning feature out.

39 minutes ago, Mikepjbell said:

This is what I'm struggling with in daily races at the moment. People who are really nerdy have their cars tuned to a ridiculous level and I'm way too casual for that, so it's not as enjoyable for me as GT Sport was at the moment!

I've not come across it yet where the tuning is needed to worry me. I imagine a few more weeks into it and we'll learn that only 3 or 4 make a significant difference to your own driving.

29 minutes ago, Shucker said:

Did I hear correctly that there's no BoP?

I believe there is, but you set it in your own lobby before its created. However, in GT Sport it was always an option so you didn't have to have it on for online races if you didn't want to.

Dear God! S10 is difficult! I think I clocked over 120 miles around Spa but only actually managed to complete 3 or 4 laps.  Still, I got the gold in the end so that’s all licences gold for me.  Which thankfully means, I never need to look at the bloody things again 😄

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

6 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

@phil bottle 

Good to know about PP tuning. You'll have to share which mod it is so we know which one to always buy for all the cars.

It's called a Power Regulator, costs about 800 credits

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Anyone have try this yet? I like the new controller feedback as I think it's a spectacular new feature. However, I'm at my limit with a controller I think.

https://fanatec.com/us-en/racing-wheels-wheel-bases/racing-wheels/gran-turismo-dd-pro-5-nm?gclid=CjwKCAiA4KaRBhBdEiwAZi1zzv4vV0F9CTJYJ9gJPRpG3-u_pjMaAZIdn3BiLigglbZulzYQ_M87jBoC7EsQAvD_BwE

32 minutes ago, TurboR56Mini said:

Anyone have try this yet? I like the new controller feedback as I think it's a spectacular new feature. However, I'm at my limit with a controller I think.

https://fanatec.com/us-en/racing-wheels-wheel-bases/racing-wheels/gran-turismo-dd-pro-5-nm?gclid=CjwKCAiA4KaRBhBdEiwAZi1zzv4vV0F9CTJYJ9gJPRpG3-u_pjMaAZIdn3BiLigglbZulzYQ_M87jBoC7EsQAvD_BwE

I’ve got a full Fanatec setup though different wheel and pedals but I would recommend them.  I’ve got the CSL Elite, the belt driven predecessor to the CSL DD, so I’ve been keeping an eye on reviews of the CSL DD.  In short, if you’re buying for your first wheel it’s a fantastic bit of kit.

To come across maybe a little snobbish, GT is good with a wheel but if you go for it I’d recommend trying some ‘proper’ PC sims to see what it can really do.

Yea, I'm either going to go full out with a wheel, pedals, and chair setup or stick with the controller. I know I'm decently fast irl but much of that is the feeling of being in the car. It's a visceral thing. A wheel by it self like sitting on a couch or not seated properly in general along with no pedals in the right position is honestly no better than a controller imo.

I think a wheel will always be better simply by the fact of the range you have in pedal and steering input over a controller.  However from an enjoyment perspective, having a full rig is far more enjoyable than desk mounted.

By the time I went Fanatec and a full rig I’d been sim racing about 20 years and had a wheel for 15 years of that.  So for me it was a relatively easy purschase but I do find it harder to recommend to others because it is a big investment.

However feel, and a sense of speed, is something you’ll always miss but good ffb does help.  It’s a different feeling as it’s all through your hands than your ass.  But you get attuned to the feeling what the car is doing still.  Oversteer is always the obvious one as it forces the wheel to countersteer. But you also get to feel understeer, the floaty feeling when you’re right on the edge of grip etc.

It is the one area I’m struggling with GT7 is getting attuned to the cars and the ffb.  Most of the time I’m alright but occasionally I get a snap of oversteer which catches me off guard and I can’t react to it.  That isn’t to say it’s bad, it’s just not great.

A bit off topic really but Live for Speed still shines for me as fantastic force feedback.  Getting the feeling and judging the balance as you get just the right amount of lift off oversteer to help turn in your fwd car.  Or turning in your rwd and then almost holding the wheel straight as you play with the throttle to keep the car rotating.  Raceroom is supposed to have fantastic ffb too but I’ve yet to try it.

I use the Logitech wheel and pedals for PC, when i play AC and ACC, but the practicalities of setting up in front of the TV means I use the controller for console driving games. 

I don't have space for a rig but I would hit up Fanatec if I did.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'm pleasantly surprised to see people picking it up already. We'll definitely have to sort out a night or two on it.

No plans for a FG league yet until everyone has got their bearings but a race night for the lols can be sorted easily 🤗

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

33 minutes ago, Greboth said:

I’ll definitely be up for that.  I’ve been focusing on the single player challenges and cafe books so still haven’t tried online yet.

Nice one.

I've just finished Cafe books, now going to finish off the licenses.

I've checked setting up lobbies. Good to note we can turn off tuning and enable BOP 👍

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Ace seeing so many people pick it up recently. As Sam @Capn_Underpants  shared the FG PSN Party Rooms the other day, if anyone is missing we can add people to it if they want to just sit in the chat with everyone who is playing it. Whilst we're all still just learning and progressing the game, I think its enjoyable and chilled to sit in the party chat and bounce off each other if you need some immediate advice/help.

On 3/11/2022 at 12:28 AM, phil bottle said:

Nice one.

I've just finished Cafe books, now going to finish off the licenses.

I've checked setting up lobbies. Good to note we can turn off tuning and enable BOP 👍

This is great news, and look having the ability to have a tuned night still sounds like good fun. I have had a few days off the game due to work but cracking on again with it soon! 

22 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Ace seeing so many people pick it up recently. As Sam @Capn_Underpants  shared the FG PSN Party Rooms the other day, if anyone is missing we can add people to it if they want to just sit in the chat with everyone who is playing it. Whilst we're all still just learning and progressing the game, I think its enjoyable and chilled to sit in the party chat and bounce off each other if you need some immediate advice/help.

Actually great idea, and potentially stream so those in the party chat can watch if they'd like?