On 2/11/2022 at 5:25 PM, Greboth said:

I was kinda hoping it wouldn’t transfer so I could leave my GT Sport record untarnished 😆 

I guess it makes sense though to transfer it over.  I just hope they get more random in their combos as gr3 at the red bull ring, gr4 suzuka, gr3 dragon trail etc came up way too often  whereas Sainte Croix rarely came up.

I think so, although YouTube is covered with many not liking it, which is to be expected of the hardcore elite 🤣 As we don't play online much I don't think i'm bothered. I'm all about the campaign, licences and our FG GT Races which are way more casual than the sweaty online races.

18 hours ago, Mikepjbell said:

I'm a little sad that there's not quite a few new tracks. It would have been good to have a couple more from the F1 circuits for example. Hopefully with time and DLC a couple more tracks will be introduced!

I'm not sure what new tracks there are as it hasn't detailed them yet has it? I'll be hoping for some F1 cicuits in the game, but like you say, if they had a Hamilton DLC on GT Sport then i'm sure we'll have some type of 

8 hours ago, TurboR56Mini said:

I'm a collector and excited to start again. My GT6 collection was epic. Fun to be casual with it. 

I feel the excitement. I'm hoping the total cars are way more than GT Sport. Our casual GT League is the way to go my friend 😄

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Super GT Steve and his videos are the reason for me getting into GT Sport.

I have a week's holiday next week, so I'll be all over this when it releases on Friday!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

An FYI in case people don’t know, if you preordered digitally you can download it in preparation for release.

I had it preordered with Amazon but realised I had some psn credit for Christmas so might as well switch to digital as it isn’t a game I’ll be getting rid of.

Enjoy your week off with it Phil, I expect a full review and dialy videos 😄 as I doubt I’ll have much time to play before the 9th 😞 

Early reviews from those who got their amazon orders early are positive.  Though seems licence test may be on the easier side again like GT Sport as seems people are getting mosty golds on their first attempts.  They are the lower end licences though so maybe the higher end ones will be harder, fingers crossed.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

38 minutes ago, Greboth said:

An FYI in case people don’t know, if you preordered digitally you can download it in preparation for release.

I had it preordered with Amazon but realised I had some psn credit for Christmas so might as well switch to digital as it isn’t a game I’ll be getting rid of.

Enjoy your week off with it Phil, I expect a full review and dialy videos 😄 as I doubt I’ll have much time to play before the 9th 😞 

Early reviews from those who got their amazon orders early are positive.  Though seems licence test may be on the easier side again like GT Sport as seems people are getting mosty golds on their first attempts.  They are the lower end licences though so maybe the higher end ones will be harder, fingers crossed.

I too had it ordered on Amazon but cancelled it yesterday and pre-installed the digital version instead. 

Because of MW2019 I have no space for games and sadly decided to uninstall GT Sport to make room. 800+ hours spent on that game. But I do have it installed on the PS4 Pro still, so it hasn't gone completely 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

46 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Because of MW2019 I have no space for games and sadly decided to uninstall GT Sport to make room.

Slight derail but don't you have an extertnal SSD for all your PS4 games? Saves space for the selected PS5 games for me!

I need to pre-order this today so I get a copy sent out. Base.com seem to have it at £60 with pre-order bonus...can't beat my physical copy now can I 😄

I'm pre ordered with amazon so should get it Friday as planned. I have my kids this weekend so it's likely my first chance to play will be Sunday evening.

Really looking forward to the single player campaign. I'm hoping the fact that you can really modify cars means that we could do race nights where you have to get  JDM car for example and we modify the fuck out of them and race through Tokyo. Is there also a drifting mode? That would be cool too.

Also might be worth us making an announcement about the game releasing this Friday to see if we can rope more FGers in to playing as we're all starting from a certain baseline (except Greebs because he's a wheelie big cunt)

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Slight derail but don't you have an extertnal SSD for all your PS4 games? Saves space for the selected PS5 games for me!

Nope and not likely to, not an expense I can justify. Maybe I'll add the nvme to the machine at some point down the road but no plans otherwise 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

My copy should come tomorrow from Amazon.

Bear in mind its probably useful for the first few weeks to get used to the game and progress some story/campaign features. Super GT explains in that video it may take a few hours to unlock the Multiplayer side of things.

What I think is fantastic news is that still playing GT7 on a PS4 Pro or even a standard PS4, it looks incredible still. Ray Tracing seems the way to go on a PS5 because when you are racing everything is locked at 60FPS anyway, its just the replays that are impacted and really worthwhile too, after watching the video below. The loading times are scarily quick on PS5 but I hope that if this seems the only huge difference between a PS4 and a PS5 version, then most here that are still on a PS4 shouldn't be put off by buying the PS4 version of the game. 

Played about 4 hours now so I can get gold on all of the licenses and I'm on International A now, next is super license. Absolutely love this game already but no signs of online play showing up yet!

1 hour ago, Shucker said:

I just went through the Menu objectives and after (I think) Tokyo Expressway (after European Hot Hatches and Class B licenses) I got access to Sport and Multiplayer. 

Yep, same as that. I set up an FG lobby for the lols but I'm concentrating on the objectives and licenses before I worry about multiplayer.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, Shucker said:

Looking for some tips on driving... specifically managing the wheel better to compensating for slips, sliding, oversteer, etc. Was hoping to chat and practice with someone in GT7 once everyone has multiplayer unlocked. Anyone willing to share their vast wisdom sometime?

We'll organise it so a few of us get on it at some point, then pick @Greboth bones 👍

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

8 hours ago, Shucker said:

A-9 Hairpin License.

I hate it. I hate it. I HATE IT!

0.094 off the target for Gold and just can't make it happen. 😞

Cannot tell a lie, it did take me about 7 or 8 attempts 😁

There's one at Tokyo Expressway too that I was tempted to leave for another day 😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

There's a couple that jave taken me about 15-20 attempts to get the gold on but I'm so happy to invest the time and enjoy the challenge rather than just push past it with silvers. Love the game so far 👌 

2 hours ago, Shucker said:

Finally managed it after another 8 tries or so. Then it got even worse for the final A exam. Easily 25 attempts and still a hundredth of a second off. That one course is gonna eat up my sanity and my Sunday.

I'm stuck on the same one!

Just wait until you get to the licence in the AMG GT at the Nordschlieffe.  It must have taken me 20 attempts and even then I only squeaked gold by a couple of tenths.

On that note, I am finding the licences inconsistent.  I smashed one earlier by over a second on my second attempt yet the next one took 10 to get gold by a tenth.

I’m still not used to the handling of this, I still feel every car is too tail happy.  A bit of power oversteer or even some lift off oversteer I can live with but when you get lift off oversteer in a 1960 Fiat 500 at 25mph it starts to seem a bit much.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png