Couldn’t give a shit about the landscape stuff but does look great and I can see people that are really into that side doing some pretty impressive pieces. 

I’m not a massive fan of too many concept cars, and I really hope they don’t focus on this too much as I do enjoy a wide range of “normal actual” cars, but I do like the look of some of the old school stuff like the merc clr-gtr’s. 

The racing gameplay was a bit disappointing and despite all these advances in graphical power, it really doesn’t look too different from GT Sport.  I was expecting a step up in graphical “realness” and didn’t really get that impression on first view ☹️

APmVvKG.gif

Pretty sure they just went "what's the most irritating music we can put on our trailer?" and used that. What a fucking awful racket that is. 

Still, can't wait and I'm sure @Kurt  will be there too. I'm very much a case of believe-it-when-I-see-it though, I've learned that release dates mean fuck all. 

banlol.png

I thought this was probably the start of the showcase yesterday. It's clearly showing some great signs of modification and upgrades, hopefully similar to teh GT 1 era. Simplistic upgrades to learn and do if you aren't a car expert but many extras to buy if you do want to go deeper. Initially I thought the country map view was initially like Forza with the open drive to certain areas but on second glance I don't believe it is.

Driving wise, the HUD looks pretty much like GT Sport so I don't expect an overhaul to the game. I really hope they fix Rally driving though 🤣

Just like GT Sport the first thing you do is mute the music lol 

Yeah, I want to see what the game modes are and more importantly, how the driving feels....and new tracks of course 🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Interesting they've shown wet weather racing off in that preview.  I just hope they this comes at release unlike Sport where it got added years later and only to 2? tracks.  I also hope they implement it better than Sport where they've made the track look wet and the wet tyres have shit grip but drive a 'wet' track on slicks and it's fine.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

On 9/10/2021 at 9:23 PM, Greboth said:

Interesting they've shown wet weather racing off in that preview.  I just hope they this comes at release unlike Sport where it got added years later and only to 2? tracks.  I also hope they implement it better than Sport where they've made the track look wet and the wet tyres have shit grip but drive a 'wet' track on slicks and it's fine.

That looked a very similar engine to what we have now so wet tracks at launch is a must surely. I do wonder if they'll make it easier to search for the cars too, like actually search via class would be amazeballs (but really should be as standard in any of their games).

Nice to see Daytona added, the 24hr layout is an interesting track and quite a challenge too.

I haven’t looked at the track list but hopefully we get a few more new ones on top of Daytona.  We need a few more tracks I’ve not driven before 😄 

Looks like Wednesday we'll get 30 minutes of PS5 gameplay, and hopefully a more in depth look at gamemodes and cars/upgrades. Definitely warming up me cockles for this now 😎

This is good, there were some whispers about it being delayed. 

I want to see if they show the gamemodes and what they're doing for multiplayer.

Like @Greboth I can't wait to get on the Daytona track. Can stop being jealous of I-Racing😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Some more details from the Gran Turismo state of play.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-02-02-heres-everything-revealed-in-the-gran-turismo-7-state-of-play

I’ve not had chance to watch the whole video yet but arguably the most important it is still veing releases on time in March.

Just took the video out of the update @Greboth for ease of watching purposes. Also, i've grabbed most of the stills from the Playstation State of Play release to give a flavour of what is going. Definitely hyped now for this! Going back to its roots whilst keeping the theme of GT Sport which i think was delivered well.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

5 Licences! And 34 racetracks at least by my working out. Expect different circuit setups and most too. The upgrading and mods looks like the part we've been wanting for years from a GT game. Music Rally looks great, especially for people wanting to learn more about how to get into a GT game with the arcade crossover element.

They've also stated that "the 25th Anniversary Edition not only includes the PS5 version but also comes with the digital code for the PS4 version, so it’s perfect for those who only have a PS4 now but are thinking of purchasing a PS5 in the future." Something to think about for some FGers here.

I do like how they are going back to the format of the original along with including the classic tracks. GT has kinda lost its way in recent memory and given the Forza series an open goal but it looks to be reaching its potential here and giving longstanding fans exactly what they wanted which is great

On 2/4/2022 at 9:35 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

I do like how they are going back to the format of the original along with including the classic tracks. GT has kinda lost its way in recent memory and given the Forza series an open goal but it looks to be reaching its potential here and giving longstanding fans exactly what they wanted which is great

Once we see how the multiplayer is, we'll be setting up another FG race league. I'd love it if you joined us. I have a feeling you'd be competition for Greebs and Kiwi 🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I'd love it if you joined us. I have a feeling you'd be competition for Greebs and Kiwi 🙂

Sounds good Phil! I am not familiar with their skill level so I don't know whether to interpret that as a compliment or an horrendous dig😅

On 2/6/2022 at 2:13 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

Sounds good Phil! I am not familiar with their skill level so I don't know whether to interpret that as a compliment or an horrendous dig😅

You’ll just have to join us and find out 😉

On 2/10/2022 at 9:44 AM, phil bottle said:

So, looks like GT Sport will live on in GT7....

At least we get to keep our liveries which is ace. I can see some people's concern about the online driver stats that they can start fresh again but I personally think thats for the elite and hardcore people on the game. This should mean a smooth release for GT7 and they must have looked at the numbers before applying this ruling.

I expected virtually the same game online anyway with just better graphics and more tracks. Not really concerned as its more of a plus for the awesome liveries that people made here (and the FG one @Greboth)

I was kinda hoping it wouldn’t transfer so I could leave my GT Sport record untarnished 😆 

I guess it makes sense though to transfer it over.  I just hope they get more random in their combos as gr3 at the red bull ring, gr4 suzuka, gr3 dragon trail etc came up way too often  whereas Sainte Croix rarely came up.

I'm a little sad that there's not quite a few new tracks. It would have been good to have a couple more from the F1 circuits for example. Hopefully with time and DLC a couple more tracks will be introduced!