Playstation Showcase - WOW!!!

Antpool84

OH.....MY.....GOD!!! Sony have just blown my mind with the showcase tonight!!!

A few new IPs that i will definifely be picking up in the form of EVE and Ghostwire. Being a Borderlands fan I can't wait for Tiny Tinas Wonderland which looks amazing!!

For those of you who are big GT fans the new one looks incredible!! They are really making the most of the new ps5 hardware.

But the biggies for me were the reveal of God of War Ragnarok gameplay, which looks awesome!, and the reveal Insomniac releasing SPIDERMAN 2 AND WOLVERINE!!!!

When they were revealed my jaw literally dropped!! I loved the first Spiderman game (still yet to play Mikes Morales) and can't wait for the sequel, and it will be intersting to see what they do with Wolverine.

Definitely glad i got a PS5 now...so many awesome games to look forward to 😁😁😁

As soon as I saw the event being only 40 minutes, I knew they'd have very little show off. There was definitely some quality with a couple of big names but in terms of quantity it was very disappointing. I still think we're 2-3 years off true next gen.  I am also personally disappointed, bordering on annoyed that there is still no word on a Bloodborne upgrade or proper PS5 version. 

Pretty decent, even though with these things you always end up wanting more by the end of it.

Positives

• GT7 looks incredible. Some positive screenshots and upgrading on cars which I was hoping for
  • God of War Ragnarok looks incredible. My son was super stoked to see it (he's just completed the latest one 3 times over!)
  • Wolverine tease got me going even if i've never liked the character in films and cartoons
  • Spiderman looks amazing too, heres hoping for co-op experience after seeing 2 spidermans together
  • Forspoken looks an incredible game for fans of Single Player games
  • KOTOR remake tease was good to see (always interested in it but never played it)

Not so positives

• No news on a Last of Us Multiplayer that was going around the houses. Such a huge miss for me as they'd be a huge following for this regardless of what people feel about the story on Last Of Us 2.
  • GTA 5 has the same trailer 10 years later for the next console? I'm so confused with that showing
  • KOTOR feels like way way WAY off which is a shame
  • Spiderman 2 is also 2023, which feels like a Q3-4 release (if not pushed back a further year like most AAA games get these days)
  • Would've been cool to see more Multiplayer games thats in store. Maybe even an update to firmware, such as how Discord will be integrated, etc

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Just seen the writer for the KOTR Remake and she's one of those toxic, woke, men-hating Twitter nutjobs who actually seems to despise actual Star Wars fans and doesn't appear to even like the franchise. I really don't know why companies hire people like this - I know they like to do the social media checkbox but surely it's better if they just hired an entirely appropriate writer who got on with their job and who was in-tune with the franchise? When people start bringing in their politics and personal problems into projects like this, everyone loses.