Vanguard Beta

MrBiron

call-of-duty-vanguard-beta.jpg
CHARLIEINTEL.COM

Call of Duty: Vanguard's dates have officially been confirmed, with PlayStation users getting early access on September 10.

• PlayStation Early Access (pre-order required): Sept. 10 – 13
  • PlayStation Open Beta: Sept. 16 – 20
  • Xbox & PC Early Access (pre-order required): Sept. 16 – 17
  • Xbox & PC Open Beta: Sept. 18 – 20

What a confusing fucking mess of dates that is.

I'll try it but I'm not expecting to be amazed by it. I'll probably be extremely meh'd.

fart.gif

They're adding whatever the fuck this nonsense is to the game and it's in the beta.

Combat Pacing

Combat Pacing is a feature that allows players to select the intensity of their games. Player count is determined by map size to achieve the intensity described in the Combat Pacing System. Player counts will vary.

• Tactical: These are the lobbies that franchise veterans know well. This is the experience that you’re used to with classic Call of Duty combat timing. Tactical Combat Pacing is always 6v6.
  • Assault: Balanced combat pacing that gives you enough room to breathe and a lot of targets to kill. In Beta Weekend 1, player counts will vary between 20-28 players.
  • Blitz: High-action lobbies where the intensity is cranked up to frenetic levels. Prepare for plenty of combat when choosing to join a Blitz. In Beta Weekend 1, player counts will vary between 28-48 players.

fart.gif

Emmm Combat Pacing? WTF, what's wrong with 6v6, Groundwar etc.

Pick the smallest maps and get 28-48 players and crank up the SBMM.

Hope there are some nice shotguns and SMG's for the "Intensity". I'm convinced if you go for Blitz the SBMM will be extra strong to make it more intense.

I keep seeing the name Vanguard and being intrigued before remembering its COD and all interest evaporating. 

The new warzone map will be worth a look but can't even be bothered with this beta. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Waw, if you pre-order on Xbox or PC, you get ONE day for a beta yay! The open beta for those is then two days yet the Playstation one is 4 days after 3 closed. Why not just give everyone 3 days and be done with it. 

I can't see myself bothering with the beta and I couldn't be arsed with the alpha. I have zero interest in the game and the franchise more than ever. I'm pinning everything on BF2042 being good. 

I won't be trying the beta as I'm not pre-ordering shit. I've zero interest  for the game simply from what I hear. 

I'll watch some videos no doubt simply out of curiosity and so I've at least some idea that will enable me to wind up the fanboys on twitter, that could be the only fun surrounding this game.

22 hours ago, MrBiron said:

Blitz just sounds like they're going to put loads of players on maps designed for 6v6 so you're constantly spawning and dying. Kinda like playing Shitment all the time. I'll avoid it like the plague.

Sounds messy, if the game has Team Deathmatch with say a 150 limit the match would be over in about 2 mins.

I personally loved shipment on MW, the 10v10 version was chaos and enjoyable for me. 😅

Ace seems to like it after saying he hated MW2019.

Seems footsteps are pretty quiet which is good. As I suspected the "Blitz" mode *IS* just throwing loads of players onto normal maps. Which sounds about as much fun as playing BOCW.

fart.gif

Has anyone played it yet? Or planning on playing it over this coming weekend? Might have a shot at it to see what like. No way I was preordering it. Have like £30-40 of "Game" vouchers to use up so I could buy it for reasonably cheap if it's any good.

43 minutes ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Has anyone played it yet? Or planning on playing it over this coming weekend? Might have a shot at it to see what like. No way I was preordering it. Have like £30-40 of "Game" vouchers to use up so I could buy it for reasonably cheap if it's any good.

I played a few matches earlier on PS5 and it's easily one of the worst Call of Duty games I've experienced.  Woeful map design, shocking animations, terrible visibility with colours and every fucker just gliding round the map in the most sweatiest fashion possible like their lives depend on it. It's just so generic and a massive step backwards even from COD's of recent times let alone the golden age. Already removed it from my system and wouldn't even play it if I was being paid to. 

Sigh.

Fine. Here's my annual whinge.

It looks fucking shit, it's going to be fucking awful, the cunts that play it will be absolute top shelf wankers, the maps will suck, there will be head glitching spots on every corner, there will be bullshit crutches to help the bottom feeders (thinking of you you goddamn fucking heartbeat sensor), perks that break the game, cunts sitting in corners, it'll take up 400gb on my hard drive, and I'm probably still going to buy it so I can whinge some more. 

Fuck you Activision. 

banlol.png

I'm only buying if we get enough of us to buy it together and that doesn't look like that's happening. Warzone is still relevant and I already have that so sticking for that until we see the full launch and Didds whinge some more 😄

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I watched some beta gameplay videos over the weekend and it seems the majority of streamers and content creators aren't impressed at all. Even the paid Activision actors are having a tough time lying to their viewer base and trying to convince them. From the brief time I played and what I saw watching others, the amount of times you get shot in the back and the side is insane. The audio is exceptionally weak and the really simple animations are embarrassing. One of the videos I saw did a basic comparison with MW2019 and it just puts into perspective how much work went into that compared to this especially regarding gun and character animations along with general environmental effects and presentation. Vanguard feels like one of those cheap asset flip rip-off in comparison and it's crazy they are passing this off as a full price next gen COD experience.   

I can't see how anyone playing this would have fun with its lackluster quality and wayward meta.  

I'm still tryin to decide if I am going to buy this one or not. Seems the last few COD games I have bought I end up playing for a couple months and then just forget about. I feel like the quality of gameplay has deteriorated with the last few releases, and a lot of the reviews I'm reading here & elsewhere just don't seem to be all that favorable. Plus prices keep going up on games. Not sure if I want to drop $60 on it yet or wait till it's been out for a while.

1 hour ago, Drifter said:

I'm still tryin to decide if I am going to buy this one or not. Seems the last few COD games I have bought I end up playing for a couple months and then just forget about. I feel like the quality of gameplay has deteriorated with the last few releases, and a lot of the reviews I'm reading here & elsewhere just don't seem to be all that favorable. Plus prices keep going up on games. Not sure if I want to drop $60 on it yet or wait till it's been out for a while.

For the past six or so years, I have lost interest in the latest COD game by Christmas. Some of them haven't even been all that bad but I've just not had the desire or motivation to continue playing. These games usually get discounted 30-40% just weeks after release anyway now as Activision make a pre-xmas sales push so there's not much incentive to jump in day one. The 'pre-season' phase as they call it is also supposed to be the most enjoyable part of the game because when the seasons start then it's usually the die hard tryhards left and the monetisation aspect is also turned up to 11. It's not like the old days where it was just casual fun at any time of the year. Also the underlying gameplay systems like SBMM subtly impact matches and can have a big impact on how people feel about their experience - it's what turned me off Cold War last year and it all became incredibly exhausting rather than enjoyable.  

Having played the beta, this game is worth nowhere near full price although it does promise quite a bit of content at launch although it doesn't look all that great - quantity over quality essentially. This probably would have been a great package back in 2016 or so. I'd see how things are come the end of November but there doesn't seem to be much appeal from the wider community this time out. 

I think they're ever closer to getting stuck in this transition period where the public have finally realising that annual releases don't give enough value in them and want to see progressive games these days. Also, if they want to hit the newer, younger generations, they are so more used to base game free with a-la-carte add-ons so they can pay for what they want to play. Whilst the jury seems still undecided on the Battlefield Beta thread here, it still looks a far better option and the first time people here jump ship pretty much exclusively to a different franchise for their shooter.

This isn't to say I won't get it but it feels pointless getting it at launch when virtually no one here will be playing it and Warzone (which some of us do play) is still free to play.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

6 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Whilst the jury seems still undecided on the Battlefield Beta thread here, it still looks a far better option

I will have to start reading up on the new Battlefield and watching some vids of it. I actually have not even looked at it yet at all. I only had one Battlefield game some years ago, can't remember if it was the first or 2nd one, but I didn't care a lot for it at the time. Will have to start looking into the new one and see how it looks to me.

One thing I really hate about the way COD games are now is the way they do the campaign. I know most guys buy it for the online play, and while I do play online, my real enjoyment from COD games is mostly the campaign. But the last one or two with the way they break the campaign into basically totally different multiple goals and different characters, I just hate that. Doesn't feel like a real campaign to me like the old MW type ones were which I really enjoyed. If they would go back to the normal campaign where you played as one character with a set goal that lasted 6hrs or so, then I would be much more apt to buy the new COD game.