How does this work then?

Diddums

I had to open the quest thingy and track the quest, because apparently just clicking on the big button that says "DLC THAT YOU PAID FOR LOL" isn't the correct way to play the DLC that you paid for. So in reality it's Bungie being Bungie, helped with a very strong dose of Diddums being Diddums. 

I should go work at Bungie, we can create a singularity and take over the world. Create an evil villain and call him IncompetenceMan™

banlol.png

1 hour ago, MrBiron said:

This sort of thing is why I gave up with Mehehehestiny. It's just constant "give us more cash or you can't play" nonsense.

The only come back to this is that I don't find many games, if any that can make new, regular content without getting paid for it. 🤷‍♂️

Every game has a price, and standing back to look at all the games we've played over the past 10 years, I don't think any other game has remained constantly around in our play window. Their issue for me is that it relies on social media interaction to help explain their game. Not always, and it slowly gets better but they can always do more. They definitely are not the worst though. Warframe has a monuymental struggle for new players to understand how it all works with virtually nothing in game to explain what happens.

Probably why we should try harder as a community to help each other more often. I didn't see you on btw Biron, let us know if you do though, even if its on Xbox now crossplay is fully enabled.

55 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

The only come back to this is that I don't find many games, if any that can make new, regular content without getting paid for it. 🤷‍♂️

Every game has a price, and standing back to look at all the games we've played over the past 10 years, I don't think any other game has remained constantly around in our play window.

This, they basically have to have revenue to keep developing the game, rather than just let it stagnate. Even porting VoG in from D1 takes a load of development, and its been a fun addition. for me Bungie are doing a great job at keeping a 7 year old game fresh and engaging, might not be everyones cup of tea, and this 6 month season will be a challenge to keep fresh, but its top value for money game for me

The price of Destiny updates is too expensive. I agree continued development has to be paid for, but if you're paying the price of a new game every year, you should be getting a new game. But I also understand those who play regularly are probably getting value for their money.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

The price of Destiny updates is too expensive. I agree continued development has to be paid for, but if you're paying the price of a new game every year, you should be getting a new game. But I also understand those who play regularly are probably getting value for their money.

D2 currently is in such a good place compared to D2 on launch, I'd probably pay Bungie not to make a new game !

42 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Its a fair thing to say, even if I agree to disagree with that statement. I think its for a separate thread entirely which we had ages ago about what you feel is good value for money as we all have different scales and ideas on that. For me, the gaming world has evolved, especially with covid as well and game development being scarily long in a world where no one can wait for 7 years, these days so many more games are being released in 'alpha' or updated over time.

Price wise its one of the cheapest arguably. Its around £3 quid a month for regular weekly updates of content (free and some part of Seasons) with separate money for DLCs, which are far less than new game prices (upto £70 on PS5 now) which can be a huge gamble for people these days. Whereas, you can at least still play this game around with the free base elements and the stuff you have already unlocked/paid for. It hits that middle spot between not being a subscription based huge MMO game and not being a 'once and done' game which could be good but played for a month and thats it e.g. Outriders.

13 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Its a fair thing to say, even if I agree to disagree with that statement. I think its for a separate thread entirely which we had ages ago about what you feel is good value for money as we all have different scales and ideas on that. For me, the gaming world has evolved, especially with covid as well and game development being scarily long in a world where no one can wait for 7 years, these days so many more games are being released in 'alpha' or updated over time.

Price wise its one of the cheapest arguably. Its around £3 quid a month for regular weekly updates of content (free and some part of Seasons) with separate money for DLCs, which are far less than new game prices (upto £70 on PS5 now) which can be a huge gamble for people these days. Whereas, you can at least still play this game around with the free base elements and the stuff you have already unlocked/paid for. It hits that middle spot between not being a subscription based huge MMO game and not being a 'once and done' game which could be good but played for a month and thats it e.g. Outriders.

Take a game like Arma 3. It's been going since 2013. It has had constant updates and various dlc over the years but never more than £20. I've got them all and in total it probably cost less than £50... in 8 years.

More importantly they opened the game to the modding community who went on to create amazing game modes which you can access for free. Arma Life, King of the Hill, DayZ etc etc....and it's still one of the most popular games on Steam.

That's just one example from many but I suppose it's different on console, and the big boy AAA companies don't like modding....so it is what it is.

As I said before, it's entirely subjective how folk feel about it and I'm not complaining about Density, I've bought the dlc myself..but let's not pretend there aren't other better ways of doing things.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

31 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

but let's not pretend there aren't other better ways of doing things

Defo agree to that! They'll always be better ways and whilst I get frustrated with ppl thinking I'm super pro-Destiny, i'm still objective to the point where even I know that the DLC in December I think it slightly higher priced and would've been a nice gesture to find a way of giving it us for free. Isn't Arma 3 an FPS not an RPG? Either way, it doesn't matter because I think we have different values in our minds so the hope is we just get a good ride out of the next few installments of D2.

It is refreshing to see though of late the amount of FGers outside of me saying its in a great shape, even the ones who don't own any DLCs or Seasons.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Isn't Arma 3 an FPS not an RPG? 

It's an FPS and many other things, including RPG. Like I mentioned, modders have created multiple game modes beyond the base game.

The Arma Life mod, for example, you can choose a career and level up your skills and licenses, join factions etc. You can be a miner, a farmer, police, ambulance crew, drug dealer and more. I realise how much I miss playing now I'm talking about it so much.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Ah cool mate, never knew that. Maybe one day we can try it when I fix my PC performance issue...although, you know i'm not a fan of modded games 🤣🤣