How does this work then?

Diddums

I'm already starting to lose interest, and it's not because the game is shit, but because of the quite frankly retarded gatekeeping and ring fencing of content based on what you own as well as the incessant and constant need to spend money to stay up to date. This game is now less game, and more "how can we squeeze more money out of our players". Perfect example, I want to complete this quest so I can unlock stasis:

XolxPae.jpeg

I own Beyond Light, as evidenced here:

TZhd5oR.jpeg

Yes for some reason, I need to buy a deluxe edition to play the content I've already paid for?

qjc44Ya.jpeg

Get in the sea Destiny, back to Far Cry 2 for a bit. 

banlol.png

It sounds more like you need to restore purchases of some kind as you do have Beyond Light @Diddums based on that picture. The season I imagine you bought it with was last season so if you want this season it is 1000 silver (£8.49 bundle with 100 extra silver). 

Also...

9 minutes ago, Diddums said:

"how can we squeeze more money out of our players".

this is how the game works. A bunch of free stuff to do and each 3 months theres some content you can pay for to play it. Other games you can pay up and you get your content and job done. This game has to make money to keep getting good new content so for 3ish quid a month (it usually works out like that), i think the seasons stuff works.

I'll do a separate thread when I get chance on the cost of each part and what you get as I do know that it can be confusing what you pay for sometimes. I just see it as if you're playing it and enjoying then it should be worthwhile.

Now go get that Beyond Light updated cos you've basically got a whole DLC you haven't played yet!

I don't get this, are you attempting to play the main campaign for Beyond Light? That shouldn't be part of any seasons should it, so deluxe shouldn't be required?

As it is the whole quest lines are confusing me as it's nothing but symbols all over the place.

Just now, Ajay said:

Is that not the deluxe upgrade cause me and crispy don't own deluxe and that says deluxe upgrade if you look at top of 2nd picture 

He didn't buy that one - he bought the Beyond Light DLC plus a season bundle, so he definitely has it.

@Diddums I just logged in to check mine as I too have Beyond Light but not deluxe.  I'm unsure the purpose of the big symbol on the main map but I too get the same message when I click it.  However if you go to the planet you will see the quest giver, go pick it up from him 👍.

beyondlight.thumb.jpg.76a8a824ada1a46f6319ccc27ca8b060.jpg

6 minutes ago, Spacedeck said:

@Diddums I just logged in to check mine as I too have Beyond Light but not deluxe.  I'm unsure the purpose of the big symbol on the main map but I too get the same message when I click it.  However if you go to the planet you will see the quest giver, go pick it up from him 👍.

beyondlight.thumb.jpg.76a8a824ada1a46f6319ccc27ca8b060.jpg

Clearly that symbol is a glitch then cos it thinks you haven't got it but you do.

3 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

I don't get this, are you attempting to play the main campaign for Beyond Light? That shouldn't be part of any seasons should it, so deluxe shouldn't be required?

As it is the whole quest lines are confusing me as it's nothing but symbols all over the place.

They usually have 2 different forms of additional content; DLC and Seasons. Beyond Light is the most current DLC and 

Both have specific quests that usually you start via the Destination map where that big Blue marker is. Usually big DLC at the start also is on the Destinations map and hold L2. Once you have Quests, you can select them so they flash on the maps, so its easier to find the next step/mission.

Seasons will also have similar patterns, just different colour. The season elements this year have been all put in the Social space called The H.E.L.M.

I might think of a simple Q and A sub-section in Destiny that may help with questions like this. Clearly, we'd also love to get you on and play with us whenever we can. Most people i'm sure would explain things to everyone.

10 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Clearly that symbol is a glitch then cos it thinks you haven't got it but you do.

Do you own Beyond Light deluxe and I'm guessing this symbol doesn't appear on your map? It might be some form of in-game advertisement trying to entice people to upgrade to deluxe. Bit of a shitty move if that's the case.

21 minutes ago, Spacedeck said:

Do you own Beyond Light deluxe and I'm guessing this symbol doesn't appear on your map? It might be some form of in-game advertisement trying to entice people to upgrade to deluxe. Bit of a shitty move if that's the case.

100% agree, that it feels like that's the answer and that's a shitty ass stupid UI move. The one thing they can't get right and needs to change moving forward is the how to buy Seasons and previous ones. Currently if you come later on in the year and want the back catalog of this years Seasons, you have to buy the Deluxe BL pack, even if you have BL because I can't find any separate Season Pass. However, as its Bungie and they do like doing pro-customer things over time, I do think they'll be looking to go to the Halo model which allows you to buy Seasons whenever you want.

Tried all the suggestions in here, tried the restore content thing, tried closing the game completely and starting it up from the DLC, tried going on to the planet to see if the quest was there, nothing. All the same problems, except with a bonus load of blue screening.

Deleted it, what a pile of shit. I'll reinstall when I can be arsed, but Bungie's inability to manage something so simple, coupled with their incessant greed is just winding me up no end. 

banlol.png

1 minute ago, Diddums said:

Tried all the suggestions in here, tried the restore content thing, tried closing the game completely and starting it up from the DLC, tried going on to the planet to see if the quest was there, nothing. All the same problems, except with a bonus load of blue screening.

Deleted it, what a pile of shit. I'll reinstall when I can be arsed, but Bungie's inability to manage something so simple, coupled with their incessant greed is just winding me up no end. 

Fuck me, nice to see your patience has got better with age. I'm pretty sure its something easy to resolve, even though I would totally agree its frustrating - I checked the Bungie forums and it was a bug when it came out so it might be a quick thread on there will help them check it over and potentially see if its at their end. Just seems a little extreme to delete the whole game based on a bug.

If you haven't fully deleted it, i'm happy to log on and you can screenshare with me on PS5 and we can check a few things before creating a bungie topic.

2 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Fuck me, nice to see your patience has got better with age. I'm pretty sure its something easy to resolve, even though I would totally agree its frustrating - I checked the Bungie forums and it was a bug when it came out so it might be a quick thread on there will help them check it over and potentially see if its at their end. Just seems a little extreme to delete the whole game based on a bug.

If you haven't fully deleted it, i'm happy to log on and you can screenshare with me on PS5 and we can check a few things before creating a bungie topic.

Patience is irrelevant, this isn't some little indie game or charity gig, it's a fully fledged AAA titled which has raked in more money than almost any other franchise over the last few years, so there's no excuse for it. It's reinstalling again, I'll have another go this evening or so. I cba with chasing Bungie either, if it's still fucked after a clean install it's going in the bin once and for all. Life's too short to spend it chasing incompetent billion dollar companies. 

banlol.png

5 minutes ago, Diddums said:

Patience is irrelevant, this isn't some little indie game or charity gig, it's a fully fledged AAA titled which has raked in more money than almost any other franchise over the last few years, so there's no excuse for it. It's reinstalling again, I'll have another go this evening or so. I cba with chasing Bungie either, if it's still fucked after a clean install it's going in the bin once and for all. Life's too short to spend it chasing incompetent billion dollar companies. 

If i had a problem with a game i'd least check up their help threads and support line as the final resort before I give up on a game. Even more so if i've spent money on it. This isn't defending Bungie, as its a shit bug it sounds like, but something like this they must resolve it or you are due a refund. Life might be too short but its important to gain your money back if you cba in fixing it.

On 9/6/2021 at 3:29 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

Fuckin useless as always, everyone posting just gets "we've resolved the issue now, has yours been fixed?" with no actual explanation. 

Someone mentioned downloading the PS4 version, running it with the season pass, then retrying the PS5 version. So having deleted some other shit to accommodate Bungie's incompetence, that's what I'm doing. We'll see. 

This was after it BSOD'd me a few times too. 

The hassle is getting very close to outweighing the benefit tbh. 

banlol.png

3 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

Did you have any luck on this?

No, gave up. I posted on the forums about it too and got no response. Tried everything you could reasonably expect, including reinstalling the PS4 version to see if it validates, still nothing. Won't be spending any more money on this game.

banlol.png

I may have helped @Diddums fix this 😄

You can now start saving for the next updates...and start playing Beyond Light and this season, you pellett.

54 minutes ago, Spacedeck said:

So what was the issue in the end?

I'm sorry but I think it's best if @Diddums explains the complexities of how we resolved this issue (within one minute). 😁

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I'm sorry but I think it's best if @Diddums explains the complexities of how we resolved this issue (within one minute). 😁

Let's be real. This conclusion had something of the inevitable about it from the very first post 😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I bet he hasn't got time to explain.... 🤣

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork