Hearth and Home - 16th September - Detailed Updates & Opinion

GazzaGarratt

Thought i would collate push out a separate thread with the updates coming as Iron Gate have made some videos about how things will slightly change to help playstyles and other things. I'm mostly looking forward to the new things we can create and build so hoping it will help our FG world that is already huge as it is!

First video is the New Food System. The videos seem to be only a minute long so nice and quick to understand and pick up.

I'm loving the new shields/blocking update as there's incentive to try out different shields now rather than just for show in your house 😄

Also, a super update seeing different meat being added as this feels like it was always needed from the start. The oven should add a good extra dimension to the way we eat stuff too.

I'm eagerly awaiting the things we can craft though. I really hope we just get a bunch of stuff that can be created for different styles of houses. The things i can find that are new are as follows but please add if I miss anything cool!

• Treasure Chests
  • Ability to stack coins and coin piles
  • Darkwood roofs and window hatches
  • Cooking station extensions - including, spice rack, butchers table and an oven!
  • Onions 😅

Also, going to put an event for us all to try it out once its live. 10 players can play altogether at any time don't forget 😄

it seems i should make a wolf breeder to farm their meat too, i am very excited about all the new stuff and now the tower shields which i prefer will have a knockback effect so you don't get flanked/swarmed, it seems i will have to make a whole kitchen room in my base, so many new exciting ideas to make, i will have to pretty much rebuild the entire thing

On 8/31/2021 at 6:34 AM, Tar-Eruntalion said:

it seems i should make a wolf breeder to farm their meat too, i am very excited about all the new stuff and now the tower shields which i prefer will have a knockback effect so you don't get flanked/swarmed, it seems i will have to make a whole kitchen room in my base, so many new exciting ideas to make, i will have to pretty much rebuild the entire thing

Do we need another Wolf farm?

So, before I forget.. I wanted to respond/post.

Below article states that the Devs think it is best to "start fresh" based on the updates.

We have all collectively discussed the potential of this happening because of such game-changing updates. But, Devs are leaving it as a weird "option". It does not seem like that if we play in our original world that we will be able to enjoy all the new stuff.

So, what do you guys think? Once the new stuff is released on the 16th, should we start fresh? I'm sad no one will get to stumble on my Wolf Sanctuary (then cry about about it)... but I can always build another one in the new world.

If we start fresh, I think @TurboR56Mini  and I can pop on before the 16th to take some more pics of what we, as a community, have built for record keeping and a nice look back.

i am kinda ambivalent on it, on the one hand we will get to see the new changes organically if we restart everything and the journey has been great thus far but on the other hand we will have to redo this for every big update they release, so i don't know

also would we restart completely with new characters or just use our existing characters on a new world?

I'm open, as ever, to whatever the majority to decide. I will play it either way. I will be disappointed to lose stuff but also excited to play the new stuff alongside everything else.

It should be a group FG decision whatever the decision so I suggest a poll should suffice and i'll kick the other lot that have played and are coming to this game soon to actually get to FG and vote.

The only thing that niggles me is that they've asked us to start over to make full use of the new updates...so it immediately puts me on the back burner thinking "is this update going to bring enough fun to the table like it did previously?". It would be nice to have some actual facts on new stuff to create such XXX things to craft and XXX recipes to create, etc. It would also be more comforting if you could save the world and come back to it another day, but alas they do not do this at this moment in time.

@Tar-Eruntalion  I imagine starting out new characters will allow you to fully experience everything again, although i'm sure we'd probably want to beat the first few bosses in a day now 😄

I have a thing with early access games where I'm already mentally prepared. To be honest I generally just try a game out when it's first released and then hop on and off occasionally through its development cycle until the full release. 

So I'm happy with whatever you guys want to do. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I have a thing with early access games where I'm already mentally prepared. To be honest I generally just try a game out when it's first released and then hop on and off occasionally through its development cycle until the full release. 

So I'm happy with whatever you guys want to do. 

Can we just get another server? Keep FG-OG then start fresh. Whats the server cost? Additionally, it seems like you can experience the new stuff in unexplored portions of the current server. So not sure how that works like me Tar and Ren would be most out because we have explored a bit more. I still think it would be cool to keep the original as we built some pretty epic shit and depending on cost, it might be cool to have two. One that we keep building until we can't with an update or whatever and one thats like the sand box to build even more stuff!

I like @TurboR56Mini 's idea to keep the FG-OG and get a new server for the new stuff.

It's ~$137 for a 10 spot server for 1 year.

@GazzaGarratt - would you like us to handle the second server, so we don't add to your list of things to do? That is, if we go this way?

image.png

image.png