FG League - Season 3

phil bottle

For most of the race I could see a car in front of me which is quite rare 😂

Had quite the battle with crispy but due to messing up on the hairpins a few times he faded into the distance but hey at least I gained some extra points due to Mike having some of the cast from the fast and furious come to visit him. 

slamminbones.png

It was a good race and a proper battle up front.  When either of took the lead, the next straight it was taken back again.  I didn’t realise Kiwi was on mediums to begin with though so slighlt depressing I couldn’t pull away on super softs.  Though on the other hand Kiwi was being protected on high for most of the race as he had a number of wall hits but no penalties.

Still, I pitted in the middle of the race for mediums and took a little time out of Kiwi.  I was only focusing on Kiwi so it was a surprise to come out the pits with Phil right on my tail.  A few laps of squeeky bum time as that Nissan is so fast on the straights but a few mistakes from Phil saw me get clear of the tow.  So it was just a case of keeping it clean until the end which I did.  And I think I’m the only one who didn’t get a penalty so a clean race for me.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Good races last night. I'm cementing my third place overall it seems and apologies, I forgot to do the league table last week and I'll get it up today.

Greboth is doing a Lewis Hamilton and clawing the points back from Kiwi, must he better watch out or he'll get Vertstappen'd😅

I will struggle at Autopolis next week 😬

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'm going to be quite honest and say that I'm pretty disappointed in my pace at the moment, albeit I suppose I was on the completely wrong bloody tyres. Looking forward I think to a rest from the championship and reset ready for the new one which presumably will be in GT7. We need to find out if that's cross gen compatible so we can all continue to play together!

The latest standings, with 3 races left to go.

P Driver Race 1 Race 2 Race 3 Race 4 Race 5 Race 6 Race 7 Race 8 Race 9 Total
1 JBR-Kiwi 25 25 0 25 25 20 20 20 20 180
2 Greboth 0 15 25 20 20 15 25 25 25 170
3 phil_oi 12 20 20 12 11 25 12 15 15 142
4 GazzaGarratt 15 11 11 15 15 11 11 12 11 112
5 slamminbones 11 9 0 11 8 12 9 10 10 80
6 Mikepjbell 0 12 15 0 12 0 15 9 12 75
7 Crispy 0 10 12 0 10 10 10 11 0 63
8 TehBluebear 20 8 0 0 9 0 0 0 0 37
9 Diddums 0 0 10 0 0 0 0 0 0 10

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 11/19/2021 at 11:34 AM, phil bottle said:

Good races last night. I'm cementing my third place overall it seems and apologies, I forgot to do the league table last week and I'll get it up today.

Greboth is doing a Lewis Hamilton and clawing the points back from Kiwi, must he better watch out or he'll get Vertstappen'd😅

I will struggle at Autopolis next week 😬

Yeah it was a decent race again with people reasonably close to one another. I thought I messed up my tyres but I think in the end it was that I ruined them a little earlier than the rest of the people. I think I was off the track in the first lap but mainly the penalties were excruciatingly harsh with very little places to get rid of them. Phil drove well yet again but Kiwi and Greebs this week stayed out of his reach and everyone else's. I thought Paul had a chance for quite a while but in Gr.4's, I think any time lost by others was slightly easier to defend rather than in Gr.3's.

On 11/20/2021 at 2:02 PM, Mikepjbell said:

I'm going to be quite honest and say that I'm pretty disappointed in my pace at the moment, albeit I suppose I was on the completely wrong bloody tyres. Looking forward I think to a rest from the championship and reset ready for the new one which presumably will be in GT7. We need to find out if that's cross gen compatible so we can all continue to play together!

I think a rest will do us good after this season. That doesn't mean it's been bad though, more so the most successful mini-league/tournament we've ever done. To do 3 in a row and mainly get 8 plus people most weeks for nearly a year has been fantastic. Rest up and I think some ad-hoc events will reinvigorate you mate, I think it shows if you want to be super fast like you have been for so long, its all about time on the track and consistency. Less time for us all to practice will bunch us up in some exhibition racing! Head up buddy 👊

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

The latest standings, with 3 races left to go.

P Driver Race 1 Race 2 Race 3 Race 4 Race 5 Race 6 Race 7 Race 8 Race 9 Total
1 JBR-Kiwi 25 25 0 25 25 20 20 20 20 180
2 Greboth 0 15 25 20 20 15 25 25 25 170
3 phil_oi 12 20 20 12 11 25 12 15 15 142
4 GazzaGarratt 15 11 11 15 15 11 11 12 11 112
5 slamminbones 11 9 0 11 8 12 9 10 10 80
6 Mikepjbell 0 12 15 0 12 0 15 9 12 75
7 Crispy 0 10 12 0 10 10 10 11 0 63
8 TehBluebear 20 8 0 0 9 0 0 0 0 37
9 Diddums 0 0 10 0 0 0 0 0 0 10

Thanks Phil, i'm glad I turned up every week, cos if I hadn't i'd really have been in far lower than I am!

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

It used to be Mike that I'd worry about but lately I wake up in a cold sweat following all too real dreams of Lee in my rearview mirror. 😁

Good races last night, after a bad start I found myself in 4th with Lee hassling me and Mike 6.5 seconds ahead. After a couple of laps, Lee fell away after fluffing turn one and I was slowly reeling Mike in. I'd pulled back 3 and a half seconds but then almost crashed when I saw Mike crash ahead of me.

3rd place again🙂

@JBR-Kiwi  was clearly quickest but in his battle with @Greboth he had a little mishap and Greebs pulled away to win the spoils.

Apologies to @slamminbones  who I did accidentally nudge at one point early on😉

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

It was quite an uneventful race up front, Kiwi had me by a small margin in qualifying but thought it could be an interesting race with us so close.  But Kiwi had a bad start and got swamped but quickly made his way back to 2nd.  By then I’d got 2 seconds clear and then a mistake and/or penalty for Kiwi put an end to his chance of winning 😞 

It sounded fun what was going on further down the field though.  The amount of swearing mixed with apologies and position changes 😄 

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Really enjoyed last night's race i stuck with the end pack till about lap 4 then as usual I think I'm a gardener and decide driving on the grass would be more fun but all the way through the race I could see the person in front even if they were a dot on the last lap. 

slamminbones.png

Alright chaps, this week my kids are starting football on  Thursdays and they'll do 7 until 8 which is a bugger. I can still make racing but it'll be later, probably half 8.

Would doing the championship race a bit later work at all, and would anyone be open to changing race nights for the next championship? I understand we all have a fairly fixed week for gaming and personal lives but wondered if there was any way.

That's not a problem @Mikepjbell  to swap the races but I'd get your practice laps in beforehand as we might not have much time for it.

With changing days, that might be tricky but let's see how we are in the new year. Some days are not possible right now for me, eg I play D&D on Tuesdays...but that might change, so let us know what days work for you and then everyone can have their say. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Good racing last night and looks like, with one race left, a Kiwi will take the championship. The last race will be three laps around the Nordschleife, so that will be a laugh.

When the league finishes I might do something to keep us going until GT7.

I was thinking of doing a fun championship where everyone has to use the Mazda Roadster with boost and high slipstream on tracks we don't usually use (short courses for example).

jeffersonclasswar.jpg