2 phil_oi 12 20 32
3 TehBluebear 20 8 28
4 GazzaGarratt 15 11 26
5 slamminbones 11 9 20
6 Greboth n/a 15 15
7 Mikepjbell n/a 12 12
8 Crispy n/a 10 10

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I was rusty as a bag of nails but still enjoyed it. Hopefully back up to speed next week. Well played big Philly style for your podium!

Lee choked, we all laughed 😂 although I was losing more and more time at the end, and I think Lee would have caught me within a couple of laps!

l can’t believe I made such a noob mistake but these things happen.  After that though it was a good race trying to catch back up so third wasn’t a bad recovery drive.  1 more lap and I would have had Phil too but thatyhow these things go.

Looking forward to next week and not crashing myself out on lap 1.

Also, @JBR-Kiwi isn’t it about time your Mrs dropped the sprog so you miss a week or 2 😅

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

16 hours ago, Greboth said:

Also, @JBR-Kiwi isn’t it about time your Mrs dropped the sprog so you miss a week or 2 😅

😂😂😂

ive been promised that I will still get Thursday nights but we shall see if that actually happens! If he doesn’t get a wriggle on then it’s looking very likely I will miss next week at least…

It was really unlucky for you fella clipping that barrier it would have been a really close race at the front between @Mikepjbell  @phil bottle you and me. 

Well done @phil bottle  on the podium, it was a really good race and I was rather worried that I had made a mistake by choosing mediums instead of softs, but thankfully the pace (whilst slightly slower) was quicker then the hards which gave me a chance at running long. 

APmVvKG.gif

Honesty is the best policy - and I think after how I felt in last week's racing its made me feel a little put off my GT habits. It was completely my own fault and whilst it didn't help that I was rushing back from daughters footy training and quick pop to my mums as the family dog after 16 years had his last night on this planet, it doesn't take away how shit it felt for fuel to end what was a great race up until then. First race ever I didn't look at the fuel gauge and concentrated on the calls that were just expected to be about tyres. Chose a better tyre to ge through the race, only made one mistake that cost me 3-4 seconds and that was about the same distance i was behind Phil in 2nd. What I didn't expect was the game to tell me i had 1 lap of fuel left with 3 laps to go. I tried to eek it out but essentially paused the last lap as i had no petrol whatsoever.

Gutting performance after a strong race. Might need to miss a week to make my brain feel better about it all. We'll see.

Outside my own misfortunes, @Greboth put in his usual class at the front. @Mikepjbell  @crispymorgan  and @slamminbones  were a little off the pace last week but @phil bottle is starting to show he is Mr. Consistent with a strong second place again.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I knew the Beetle was a thirsty bitch but didn’t realise it was that bad.  A shame it ruined what was a good race.  But as you said you had a lot going on last week so I wouldn’t be too hard on yourself mate.

It’s good to have a Kiwi for the competition but it was nice having a week off to have a more relaxed race.

It's a rare Gr.4 this week where your car should shine @GazzaGarratt but I understand, its a harsh unforgiving game when something goes wrong. I suggest finding 30 minutes each week to test and that might help you come race night. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Let's face it, when it comes to Thursday I'll likely change and i'm going 😄 Tbh, I think its more just all regular stuff i'm doing this week, no just GT. I'll probably highlight a week where I can have a week off every event in the week so everything else can be caught up on...I just get FOMO and want to be there from an FG fun point of view as nothing beats any of our nights we have here.

18 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I suggest finding 30 minutes each week to test and that might help you come race night. 

As usual, if i can find that time, then I will. It could be good habit to get into to just set up the lobby as close as we can at the end of a night for the following week so everyone can copy it.

14 hours ago, Mikepjbell said:

Won't be the same without you Lee ❤❤

Thanks mate, I know my utter fuck ups give everyone that light hearted humour each week 😄 I'll be there this week (cos its Gr 4 like Philly said)...might wanna get your name down too btw.

Good racing last night, I did my best in the Nissan but star of the show was @GazzaGarratt in the VW Scirocco, just a shame he couldn't convert those fast laps times into race pace.

And I don't know where @JBR-Kiwi  get the energy 🤗

Testing for next week's Mazda fun race was also interesting and will turn on boost and strong slipstream for the lols as it's the season's fun race.

Latest standings for Season 3. 

Position Driver Race 1 Race 2 Race 3 Race 4 Total Pts
1 JBR-Kiwi 25 25 n/a 25 75
2 Greboth n/a 15 25 20 60
3 phil_oi 12 20 20 12 54
4 GazzaGarratt 15 11 11 15 52
5 TehBluebear 20 8 n/a n/a 28
6 Mikepjbell n/a 12 15 n/a 27
7 Crispy n/a 10 12 n/a 22
8 slamminbones 11 9 n/a 11 20
9 Diddums n/a n/a 10 n/a 10

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 10/14/2021 at 1:01 AM, Bluebear said:

Missed last week due to prior commitments, and I'll be missing this week's due to a wedding! Normal service from me willresume next week 🙂

It was a shame that you missed this weeks races mate as I think you and the GT86 would have suited this track with the Toyotas low tyre wear and fuel saving capabilities!

Really enjoyed this weeks race especially the race long battle with @Greboth in our aircraft carrier length Stuttgart specials! Shoutout to @GazzaGarratt whose pace in practice and qualifying certainly worried me as I think there was even more pace there, and if you can nail the race pace as well you would be extremely difficult to catch!

The Mazda race was absolutely hilarious between @GazzaGarratt @Greboth @slamminbones  @phil bottle and myself and until the last two laps it genuinely could have been any one of us who could have won it! However I am extremely glad it turned into demolition derby and I could get away 😂

I urge everybody to get on for next weeks race if they can as it will likely be one of the funniest races you will ever compete it!!!

APmVvKG.gif

Agreed it was a great race, it was less than a tenth separating us in quali and that pace carried on in to the race.  It's a shame my penalty ruined it somewhat as it was going to be impossible for me to win but the battle was still great.

The Mazda's were great fun too.  I'm not sure what boost and/or slipsteam settings you had but I think they were perfect @phil bottleas you couldn't insta-catch people but the tow was powerful.

Lee in the Gr2's at Monza was a surprise too, absolutely smashed it and was uncatchable! A bit of practise to have that pace in league races would be awesome.

I might try and find an extra 30 minutes from somewhere to just try this week's track, although this week we're all in the same car so its a whole different dynamic to what we usually do! Maybe i'll get my wheel out...we'll see 😅

Big congrats to Mr @phil bottle on his win last night! I believe that this is the first race in three seasons that hasn’t been won by @Grebothor myself, so I’m pretty sure we are both going to work extra hard in next weeks race to try and restore the status quo! 😂

This weeks race seemed so simple but it was clear that from the off in practice that tactics were going to play a massive part in the outcome of the race. Drafting played a incredibly important  on this track with a good draft easily saving you half a second on your lap time. From lap one it was clear that fuel saving was going to be the main strategy with Phil being the only person to say fuck it and go balls to wall every lap 😂

I’m absolutely gutted that I made my move half a lap too soon and ran out of fuel exiting the final corner!!

APmVvKG.gif

Yup, I think we need to make a pact to never let something like this happen again 🤣

I’m annoyed at myself as I cost myself second and maybe even the win hitting the wall on the exit of the last corner.  Still Phil played a blinder and while I thought it was a mistake to go for it the whole race, especially after the time he lost in the pits but he soon made it back up and obviously it paid off with getting the win.

@phil bottle fully deserved the win, a very strange race behind him watching @JBR-Kiwi  and @Greboth change it into a tactical race. It threw me that much that i tried to switch to it 3 laps in but it was a little too late to do that. Last lap and a half I had to relinquish second and then dropped down even further as the fuel ran out before the last corner. @slamminbones  rightly deserved his 4th place after staying with the pack for the full 21 laps.

It seemed I found my problem with GT which is corners 😂

But a cracking race was 2nd till I pitted but thinking back maybe I could of put less fuel in and fuel saved a bit but a cracking race. 

slamminbones.png

Yeah, I realised after a couple of laps that I had broken the tow, so just went for it. I think I had the best car for the track tbf.

It was a worry coming out of the pitstop but I managed to catch up again pretty quickly. Lee encouraged me into a relationship with Barry R which I thought had done me but it all evened out and overall a very enjoyable race 😁

I'll stick the table up this lunchtime 👍

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

So, at the halfway stage, it's @JBR-Kiwi  with a decent lead. @Greboth has it all to do for the second half of the season. I'm in nose bleed territory 🙂

P Driver Race 1 Race 2 Race 3 Race 4 Race 5 Race 6 Total
1 JBR-Kiwi 25 25 n/a 25 25 20 120
2 phil_oi 12 20 20 12 11 25 100
3 Greboth n/a 15 25 20 20 15 95
4 GazzaGarratt 15 11 11 15 15 11 78
5 slamminbones 11 9 n/a 11 8 12 51
6 Crispy n/a 10 12 n/a 10 10 42
7 Mikepjbell n/a 12 15 n/a 12 n/a 39
8 TehBluebear 20 8 n/a n/a 9 n/a 37
9 Diddums n/a n/a 10 n/a n/a n/a 10

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Good racing last night, with Greboth back to winning ways.

I should not have let Mike take third but after nudging him into the sand on the penultimate lap I decided to stop and let him pass me back. Good battle but his tyres were letting him down so I'm annoyed with myself. It was a good race considering I was not expecting much from the GT R around BH.

Next week's race in Japan was tested too and I'm going to have to try and find a way of hobbling the Kiwi before next Thursday 😉

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Scratching last night off. Couldn't get it going, poor qualy time and dropped off slowly after 4 laps picking up a penalty. Very quiet race after that stuck in no mans land.

I could have done better last week, but I go all weak kneed when Kiwi comes sniffing. I went on Mediums first and was in 3rd place, a few seconds ahead of 4th when I pitted. My strategy worked when and by the time everyone else had pitted I was in 2nd behind Greebs for the remaining laps. Again, poor composure when I was close enough to pass. I also forgot to put on traction control a few times at the hairpins, which cost me time and penalty points, allowing Kiwi back in.

Enough about me.

Looking back at replays, you could do a season documentary on the battle for 1st between Greebs and Kiwi; the battle for 3rd between Lee, Mike and Oi; plus Paul and Crispy's journeys driving difficult cars😁

I'll post up the latest standings later this evening.

There's only 3 league races left, so go get signed up for Thursday 👊

jeffersonclasswar.jpg