FG League - Season 3

phil bottle

Just now, Lurch said:

I'll be dropping out this season, but good luck to everyone else competing! 

Thanks for letting us know mate - if you can come every so often still to race in whatever we do (for fun as always) then that would be ace. 🤗

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

3 hours ago, Lurch said:

I'll be dropping out this season, but good luck to everyone else competing! 

Anything we can do to entice you to stay in? Greebs can send nudez

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

This Thursday I'm away, as I have to travel to a funeral in Watford and not sure what time I'll be back home.

No worries mate, you gotta rightly look after more important things.

On a separate note I am thinking more and more to space out the 'league' racing to fortnightly. With less people around that wouldn't wanna play this time out and losing Kiwi for an unlimited amount of races, i'd rather not lose some of the sparkle of us all meeting together because we essentially meet too much. Not saying we remove weekly races, but by changing the mini league ones, it would give the less frequent ones chances to play on a game that can be so incredibly intense at times. Spurting out brain thoughts as I go along btw, not thought this through too much.

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

No worries mate, you gotta rightly look after more important things.

On a separate note I am thinking more and more to space out the 'league' racing to fortnightly. With less people around that wouldn't wanna play this time out and losing Kiwi for an unlimited amount of races, i'd rather not lose some of the sparkle of us all meeting together because we essentially meet too much. Not saying we remove weekly races, but by changing the mini league ones, it would give the less frequent ones chances to play on a game that can be so incredibly intense at times. Spurting out brain thoughts as I go along btw, not thought this through too much.

Personally I'd keep it to once a week. People can join on whatever week they feel like, there shouldn't number any pressure...and I'm happy with a league, so long as there's at least 5 of us. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'd agree with Phil, and the weekly league race is something to look forward to. I also feel that one league race every 2 weeks is a bit too far apart and people would easily forget which weeks the league weeks are. Potentially adding unnecessary complication?

I like the idea of making the first race of every evening a non league race so those who want to play casually can play and then the serious sweaty lot can stick around for the league race afterwards? Thoughts?

I think they were just random thoughts that have been circulating my brain for abit so just leave as is and see how it goes. Its fair to say we may struggle sometimes to get 5 of us online every week, plus with Phil not here this week and me not here the next it was just calling that out. Even I have to admit I started to get fatigue to race every single week so I think its just remembering what Philly said as there isn't any pressure to show yourself, whoever is around i'm sure will have a good laugh and race. I love learning more and more about tracks and cars so want to keep what we're doing as fresh as we possibly can 😄

Not sure what numbers we have for tomorrow, 4 signed up so far, but as the first race is the league race don't forget that whatever car you use, that's your manufacturer for all the league races. 

Despite it's flaws at Gr.4 I think I'll be sticking with Nissan.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

First race and I had the best car after picking Volkwagen for this season, but it soon fell apart yet again. Good start, seemed to be able switch with Kiwi for first but as we fought it meant Phil stuck with us. After watching both of them gain harsh penalties it was looking good only for the final fast chicances with wearing tyres to slide me into the barrier and also gain a penalty. After that I was just fighting too hard and picked up a total of 5 seconds which hurt me badly. All the time, Nick was sure and steadily gaining on us all.

By the time Phil had lost the plot with 19 seconds of penalties, I was getting too much into a fight with him and i could see Nick virtually in catch ing distance due to my penalties. I stupidly tried to get rid of them in the last lap but it was way too late to do that. Alas, 3rd it was. Fantastic race by Nick. Changing my name to Mr Consistently Inconsistent Bryan Robson.

image.png

Really good race last night! Like I said during the race, I was surprised just how far I could take that 86 on the softs, going well past the halfway lap count and it still being fine. I was in two minds about attempting to go the full hog on one set but with it really starting to push out on some corners, decided against it. I don't think i would have caught back up to @GazzaGarratt and @phil bottle otherwise. Thankfully, I didn't need to take on extra fuel at all, despite hammering the redline like it owed me money, so the pitstop was as short as it could be.

Still flummoxed as to how you two were getting so many penalties because I was absolutely caning it through those fast esses and properly chancing it some laps (especially when I had worn tyres) and never got anything. I wonder if it was something to do with proximity to other competitors ('Is this player trying to gain an advantage on the other' kinda thing)

And of course, Kiwi being Kiwi, I don't think I saw him at all in the entire race 😂

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

Myself, Kiwi and Leigh were together the first 5 laps and everytime we got to that high speed chicane I had to go off track to avoid hitting one of them and crashing us all out. In 20 laps of practice did not pick up a single penalty 🙃😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Excellent racing last night, and not just because I got a podium 😁

I'll put up the league table this afternoon.

You bossed it. Totally deserved for being super consistent. Mike was possibly just getting back into the swing of things, as was Crispy. Greebs ended his winning chances at the end of lap 1 with that sudden stop into the barrier (and penalties 😅). I just chose the opposite strategy to everyone else thinking Hards first would get me through it and i could up catch everyone on Super Softs. Think i left it one lap too late to maybe have a chance at one place higher but it essentially cost me big style finishing 5th. I only made one large mistake which only cost me 4-5 seconds. We go again next week 👊