Gr.X Safety Car

Wk.10 Autopolis 

Gr.3

Wk.11 Sainte-Croix - C

Gr.3 

Wk.12 Nordschleife 

Gr.3 - reverse grid based on current standings 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Let me know if there are any track requests.

Will we still do Manufacturers? If not, do we include more than Gr.3 and Gr.4?

I'm thinking of making one race an endurance race. That's a 60 minute race. What track do we want to do that on?

Any other thoughts, suggestions, requests or threats of murder, let us hear them.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I still think stick with manufacturers.  The team element has definitely added some fun elements this season, however I'm unsure of how effective it has been, interested in people's thoughts on that?

Endurance race: unsure. Problem is the difference in skill level, it would serve as a three class race with Greebs and Kiwi miles in the lead, and a midfield sort of battle, and people at the latter end of the grid not enjoying driving around on their own, potentially? Maybe I'm over analysing that one...

10 minutes ago, Mikepjbell said:

I still think stick with manufacturers.  The team element has definitely added some fun elements this season, however I'm unsure of how effective it has been, interested in people's thoughts on that?

Endurance race: unsure. Problem is the difference in skill level, it would serve as a three class race with Greebs and Kiwi miles in the lead, and a midfield sort of battle, and people at the latter end of the grid not enjoying driving around on their own, potentially? Maybe I'm over analysing that one...

Echoed what I was just writing about manufacturers and teams.  Though we tried to balance the teams it was only semi successful.  I have quite enjoyed sticking to a manufacturer though and does add some ebb and flow to each round where tracks suit different cars.

Maybe drop the teams, stick with manufacturers but the manufacturers is a free choice? As if we’re racing individually those picking last would be royally screwed over.

Regarding the endurance race, there is that eliment of that.  Though if you make a mistake in a short race there’s little time to recover.  An endurance race though would give more time for people to catch up.

I’m happy to go with anything though 🙂 

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Been a great second season and seeing around 8-12 people each week has been good attendance. My thoughts are in no particular order:

• One race rather than two races for league. I would prefer two but I don't think we have enough availability every night for people to play 3-4 hours of GT.
  • We need to find a way to keep the numbers nearer 12-16 each week as the racing is then through the entire field. One race would probably help or playing 2 each fortnight and having a week off 'league racing' could help that.
  • Manufacturer idea was great and keeps many people closer than we expected. However, only part that I think is a constructive point on this, from a personal note, is it hindered me getting into the top 3 many times, purely down to lack of pace in our choice of car. One manufacturer is easier for newer and people that play less than the regulars to get involved.
  • Weirdly, I think reverse grid would interest more people and give more challenge all around I think but not sure how to implement it as Qualifying is something I love doing and seeing (equally shouldn't be technically punished for putting an ace qualy lap in).

That's about it as it was a really good fun league again. All the above is trying to solve is more chances to get more people involved and enjoying themselves when being there.

Endurace Race thoughts - make it a one off random day event separate to league. I don't think as many will want to try it out but leaves us with the ones that do. Plus, no impact to league element. an be like a mini-cup that we do every few months separate to the league....I think that would be pretty cool actually 😄

7 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Manufacturer idea was great and keeps many people closer than we expected. However, only part that I think is a constructive point on this, from a personal note, is it hindered me getting into the top 3 many times, purely down to lack of pace in our choice of car. One manufacturer is easier for newer and people that play less than the regulars to get involved.

They do say a bad workman blames his tools 😛 

Teams - I love the idea and it’s been good seeing how people encourage their team mates. I just think this game doesn’t support that side well enough and unless we do a relay race like suggested it’s difficult to see the benefit of this side unless the whole grid was a lot closer. 

Manufacturer - Despite being one of the people that has suffered hugely because of my choice, I have really enjoyed this as it has seen a lot of strategies built around their car choices.
I would like to keep this for next season and one manufacturer, but maybe mix it up. Either;

A) lowest team/teammates get to choose first

B) whatever manufacturer you chose this season you can’t use next season

C) most of us regulars have most cars/coins you so we just get assigned a random car at each race and we do the best we can. Guaranteed to mix some races up! 

Races - I’m happy to do either one or two races each week although I might miss quite a few races in this next season if little lad is difficult😭

Endurance race - not really a fan but willing to give it a try if people want a go at it (like rallying...). My worry is that long races are quite draining and a people lose a lot of interest if it isn’t close racing which is where our shorter races work so well. 

APmVvKG.gif

Some excellent thoughts already.

I'm good to go back to one league race a week. It was only because we thought Matt might be joining that meant last season was delayed and we needed to do it that way. So, I think that's decided🙂

Endurance race thoughts mean I'll leave it out of the season and just do one event for that separately.

Maybe drop teams then but keep Manufacturers. Personally I'm in favour of letting everyone choose whatever one they want, so long as they stick to it.

Not sure about reverse grid as it would kind of make qualifying redundant, if you're not talking about not doing qualifying at all, as we'd suddenly find me putting in very bad quali times😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

Maybe drop teams then but keep Manufacturers. Personally I'm in favour of letting everyone choose whatever one they want, so long as they stick to it.

While it hurts me as I really like Toyota, I like Kiwi’s idea of picking different to the manufacturers we used this season.

As for reverse grid, I think keep them out of the league races.  But we could go back to how we had it before, with the race for fun after the league race being reverse grids.

19 hours ago, Greboth said:

They do say a bad workman blames his tools 😛 

Of course, I was following the best advisors and saying what they say so had to be said 😬🤣

I've really enjoyed the team thingy as myself and James @Lurch  have talked through a few races which was fun to help to each other through. I suppose you need a little more 'activity' to make it really fun though, for instance we had a few liveries but not many for it (totally get why as they take an age sometimes but it would've been more fun to share and get people going). I'm a fan of sticking with one car as it will add to the excitement and imbalancing through the races.

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Not sure about reverse grid as it would kind of make qualifying redundant, if you're not talking about not doing qualifying at all, as we'd suddenly find me putting in very bad quali times😁

Yeah, totally with you. Its the one constructive feedback I gave without a solution as you can imagine I couldn't think of one! It would keep many of the other people that arguably are at the lower end of the grid really excited and into it each week.

Can we have the oval 20-30 lap race please in the season @phil bottle?

On 8/15/2021 at 1:01 PM, phil bottle said:

Autumn (or Fall😬) Season 3.

Wk.1 Kyoto Yamagiwa II 

Gr.4

Wk.2 Dragon Tail - Seaside II

Gr.3

Wk.3 Lago Maggiore II

Gr.3

Wk.4 Sardegna Road Track B II

Gr.4

Wk.5 Red Bull Ring

Mazda Roadster Touring Car

Wk.6 Blue Moon Speedway 

Gr.3 

Wk.7 Brands Hatch

Gr.4

Wk.8 Tokyo Expressway South Inner Loop

Gr.3 

Wk.9 Autodrome Interlagos

Gr.X Safety Car

Wk.10 Autopolis 

Gr.3

Wk.11 Sainte-Croix - C

Gr.3 

Wk.12 Nordschleife 

Gr.3 - reverse grid based on current standings 

Calendar now added.

Note that there will be two races where everyone must drive the same car.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, Greboth said:

Nice calendar and looking forward to it.

Given it’s not long to the season, are we doing manufacturers again?

I'd say yes but let everyone choose the one they want, except you and Kiwi, who will be on bicycle 😉

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Happy for you to start this one whenever, you don't have to wait for me if people are eager. Maybe a good idea to take the top 10 results out of 12 perhaps too? Give people a feeling like they can miss a few and not impact league points?

Let's get some interest in numbers so we know what and who will be participating - @Mikepjbell  @crispymorgan  @slamminbones  @Lurch  @jordie1892  @Teenwolf25  @LordBaguette  @Macca89  @Diddums @Kurt  @Misneach_  @Bluebear  @G_dub52  @Findmartin

Remember, just 1 manufacturer needed (except for 2 races with specific cars), 1 league race a week and the rest we carry on playing however long you can stay for - you think you all can make it for this one?!

42 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

OK, maybe we can start next week then, unless anyone has any issues with that?

Best 10 scores out of 12 yeah? Works for me buddy.

Everyone - also shout up if Thursday still works or do we swap back to Tuesday. Comments appreciated ASAP below!