Delayed Until 2023

J4MES OX4D

9 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Seems that Overwatch 2 has been delayed until 2023. That should be just enough time for this current Blizzard shit show to blow

over😂

Really? Has it been confirmed? Thats utterly gutting to be honest. It makes me also think of when many of us say that they should all the time they need to get it right, and with this one I'm not so sure thats overly acceptable to be this late to the party.

Overwatch has been out for years now and really hasn't received huge updates of any kind. A few of us still play it but to now be okay at the game I feel it has to become your main game otherwise you can't keep close enough rank to all your friends to be able to party up in competitive. And for some reason, I dont enjoy just playing Arcade as there's no real objective to unlock anything.

With a 2 year delay, imo this now needs to be a fully fledged AAA PvE game and not what they said was going to be like an expansion pack for OW1.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Really? Has it been confirmed? Thats utterly gutting to be honest. It makes me also think of when many of us say that they should all the time they need to get it right, and with this one I'm not so sure thats overly acceptable to be this late to the party.

Overwatch has been out for years now and really hasn't received huge updates of any kind. A few of us still play it but to now be okay at the game I feel it has to become your main game otherwise you can't keep close enough rank to all your friends to be able to party up in competitive. And for some reason, I dont enjoy just playing Arcade as there's no real objective to unlock anything.

With a 2 year delay, imo this now needs to be a fully fledged AAA PvE game and not what they said was going to be like an expansion pack for OW1.

Not confirmed yet and probably wont be anytime soon officially as this would be another PR disaster for Blizzard right now, but the leaker is highly regarded and the reasons given seem credible

overwatch-2-leaks-delayed-game-broken-he
WWW.DEXERTO.COM

A popular Overwatch 2 leaker has revealed the reason why the sequel is taking so long, even though much of it is finished.

A delay like this would pretty much destroy the brand IMO. It's already in massive decline after neglect and general community burn-out but waiting upwards of 4 years for what could be construed as DLC would be the final nail for even the most die hard fans. I'd also like to think that gaming has evolved way more in a couple of years than outdated shooters like this. It will never have the impact the original once did even if it came out tomorrow so this is really bad news all round. 

They've kind of missed the window for DLC for me, although it doesn't mean they still can't rebadge it and sell it for full price with the Legendary Plus Super Extra Version. They are in a very lucky spot still as the game does get many players daily so its never fallen off the cliff edge, although the longer they leave it, the harder it is to pull new players in as they'll get trounced by existing players too quickly and not fall in love with it.

I just hope they don't waste any PvE development that clearly must be there in some significant fashion. Huge waste of money if not and peoples Dev time if so.

21 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

Let's hope they just shelf this thing. Deciding to make a sequel to this was a mistake. It's Rainbow Six Extraction. 

They pretty much wanted another full price payoff at the expense of supporting the existing game. When the lootbox laws tightened and they became less appealing, the game really stalled in monetisation options and then they made the knee-jerk decision to make a full-blown sequel which is basically an expansion with a PvE element which all could've been integrated into the basegame over a period of years instead. They could've easily made this content into a £20-$25 season pass which would've brought people back, kept existing users playing and seen them make steady income.

It's another dumb decision from a shite AAA publisher. There is a huge gaping hole in their content across all games and it's no wonder they are losing millions of players and that's without the recent bad PR. 

37 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Confirmed delays for Overwatch 2 and Diablo 4 and don't expect to seem them next year either

2phd7mJzKqjdVjNqm3rFSG-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Both games "will benefit from more development time."

Overwatch should be redesigned to incorporate this content now rather than a separate game. Feels like the perfect time to communicate and stop the rot of OW1 too. There's massive concerns of the people that are left playing OW currently that it will just tail off at some point, which is a great shame. Whilst you don't pay for updates, its plain to see what happens if you leave games like OW untouched for such a long time.

And I didn't expect Diablo 4 until 2030 anyway so thats something.

44 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Overwatch should be redesigned to incorporate this content now rather than a separate game. Feels like the perfect time to communicate and stop the rot of OW1 too. There's massive concerns of the people that are left playing OW currently that it will just tail off at some point, which is a great shame. Whilst you don't pay for updates, its plain to see what happens if you leave games like OW untouched for such a long time.

And I didn't expect Diablo 4 until 2030 anyway so thats something.

Kinda serves them right for neglecting Overwatch and getting complacent with content and taking everything for granted. It's not just this series that's been affected either - it's most of their established IP's including World of Warcraft and Blizzard have lost over 40% of players in the last few years because of it. 

Overwatch 2 only stemmed from a panic decision to rejuvenate interest in the brand when they should have been continually developing and expanding the original and I definitely agree that content intended for the sequel should have gone into this and it should've been the case all along. Any newly produced material that is deemed finished should be injected now or as part of an update. 

Their complacency was evident long before all the recent drama and lawsuits so I dread to think how they can salvage things with so many key departures and sunken morale.  Overwatch 2 wont have the same impact whatsoever and the longer the delay, the lest interested people will be. Not only that, they have to fill the void with stacks of PR in the coming years when for the last 3, they've done nothing for the brand. Absolute disaster all round!