FG Meet up in Greece!!

PXL_20210807_162248009.MP-01.thumb.jpeg.5d577ed999b0d54b8d097bd017f3bac6.jpeg

So this week @RenFenggeand I went to visit Athens Greece and planned a little FG meet and greet with @Tar-Eruntalion  who is an Athens native. We met John and his sister for a nice dinner at Hytra, a roof top restaurant with some nice views of the skylines and the Acropolis. I've been making posts of IG over the course of our trip but click below for the photos of the trip thus far in case you uncultured heathens don't have IG. 

YnKPaBqa16snAgB_mEsFeyS_jVKTbh56sbJoxaBn
PHOTOS.APP.GOO.GL

53 new photos added to shared album

Absolutely awesome to see this! You guys are so great to go and see John. This just means John @Tar-Eruntalion  will have to make his way over to us next time out 😃😎

Stay safe all, I hope you have a wonderful time together out there.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

8 hours ago, phil bottle said:

You guys really do enjoy your food eh🙂

I was worried you'd be near the fires, so I'm glad it all seems fine in Athens.

Of course we do, food is the ultimate unifier. Every culture has to eat, breaking bread is the most powerful way to experience our cultures. 

As for the fires, we drove south east yesterday to Poseidon's Temple and saw some damage. There are some raging ones north and west of us. It's pretty crazy for sure. Looks like some international help arrived at our hotel from Qatar.

8 hours ago, phil bottle said:

You guys really do enjoy your food eh🙂

I was worried you'd be near the fires, so I'm glad it all seems fine in Athens.

Well the fires are further up north and the ones in a suburb on the outskirts of Athens were extinguished

Also yeah I definitely want to visit all of you in the UK etc @GazzaGarratt
 Someday when things get a bit better both financially and with the whole corona situation 

1 hour ago, TurboR56Mini said:

Of course we do, food is the ultimate unifier. Every culture has to eat, breaking bread is the most powerful way to experience our cultures. 

As for the fires, we drove south east yesterday to Poseidon's Temple and saw some damage. There are some raging ones north and west of us. It's pretty crazy for sure. Looks like some international help arrived at our hotel from Qatar.

Getting shit faced is the most powerful method of experiencing culture in my experience but food comes a close second. Go eat with the peasants though, some of those dishes look Michelin star quality 🙂

I love Mediterranean food, just for things like tomatoes, as they're so much nicer and taste incredible.

I'm glad you've not had to deal with the fires, they look scary in some places.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

57 minutes ago, Tar-Eruntalion said:

Well the fires are further up north and the ones in a suburb on the outskirts of Athens were extinguished

Also yeah I definitely want to visit all of you in the UK etc @GazzaGarratt
 Someday when things get a bit better both financially and with the whole corona situation 

I don't know Athens but I know a few people from Exarcheia, I bet it's a lot of fun for you showing these guys around your city. Never mind what Lee says, we need an FG holiday in Greece 🤗

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

22 minutes ago, Baabcat said:

Nice pics, thanks for sharing. That dark beer looked very un-med !! What was it like ?

Was really tasty, a malty beer. Reminds me of a darker German beer. It went extremely well with my piles of meats! It is a Greek beer too.

45 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Getting shit faced is the most powerful method of experiencing culture in my experience but food comes a close second. Go eat with the peasants though, some of those dishes look Michelin star quality 🙂

I love Mediterranean food, just for things like tomatoes, as they're so much nicer and taste incredible.

Hytra was a Michelin , and yes, the execution was spectacular. With that said, that was more about the experience. The food, the wine, the company. We were building memories and friendships. The majority of other other meals is as local as it gets. Massive portions, seaside dining, popular squares. Hell, if I found a dude grilling on the street I'd post up, drop some euros and get into it.

The island fire looks the worst so far that I've seen. They evacuated one of them, it's scary shit. Very analogous to California which has been on fire for a few years now. 

As for drinking culture, apparently we have to visit Crete for that 😁.

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

the med countries as far as I Know bond more over food than drink but I would love to sometime come up north to where you are and go to a pub and have a beer or two but it's nice talking face to face with people from other cultures, such a great experience that is kinda rare, I could talk with @TurboR56Mini
And @RenFengge
For days about anything, all of you are great here at fg and I am grateful at being a part of this family