I'm curious as to what some of your "go to" games are?  We all have one or seven that when we don't know what to play, or are waiting for the next big release to arrive, we go back to at some point.  It could be a favorite game, One you've mastered or a timeless classic.

I have a few.  Resident Evil 4 on the Wii, The Messenger, any Mega Man game and of course Destiny.

So what's some of yours FG? 

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

It used to be DayZ, as the original Arma 2 version is my favourite game of the last 10 years but currently it's a modded version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and I'm dying for the new one to release as its going to be on game pass.

I've been playing Destiny 2 today a little bit on PC and I had forgotten how relaxing I find that game.

If all else fails, Escape From Tarkov or Star Citizen take the strain.

On PS my chill games is RDR2 and Gran Turismo.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I usually play American Truck Simulator or Euro Truck Simulator. Nice and relaxing, they don't require much brainpower, very addictive plus they are good games in their own right. If it wasn't for those two then I probably wouldn't play any games between releases these days. 

I’m with Dave, Minecraft is always a relaxing choice that I’ve spent far too much time on across the various mod packs.  Though currently trying to play on 2 vanilla servers and a modded one is tricky.

Sim racing is another go to of mine usually playing Assetto Corsa or Assetto Corsa Competizione.  I don’t play them enough but games I can play any time and waste hours on too.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

I don't really have one.  Not something that I will keep installed all the time or something I lean towards when I can't think of anything else to do. At times I may reinstall Civ 6, The Hunter Call of the Wild or Euro Truck Simulator until I eventually grow tired of them again and uninstall the games.

It's sad, I have 1,287 games on Steam and my highest play count is sitting at 361 hours.  Only 6 of my games have a play count higher than 100 hours.  I have a serious issue with sticking to any game.

Love this thread Chad @Riff Machine .

Mine I think will always be Destiny for the foreseeable future. Its become it even more so 7 years since it started because of how its removed so much FOMO, so now I know I don't have to play it - and thats when I end up playing it once or twice a week. The shooting and objectives just end up being a very satisfying experience.

Outside of that I seem to have settled into a routine with FIFA and GT Sport. Both are easy pick up and play games but what that does mean is I struggle to pick up others around it as life duties kick in on other nights.

Nice to see an array of games above too. @Riff Machine  @slamminbones  what makes you pick Single Player campaign games? I struggle even more when I've completed a game when I was younger to replay it again.

@Greboth @Plumbers Crack  I want Minecraft to be one for me but I think I struggle with how its looked over the years without the rpg objectives my uncreative brain needs. Valheim could give me that itch though. I think both games can do that but you don't realise it until you're actually playing them.

I miss R6 @The3rdWalker  but know my mental capacity would struggle if I didnt play it twice a week.

@J4MES OX4D  what objectives can you do on Truck simulator games?

@Spacedeck  I think the key with mine is that they're shared experiences. When I gamed as a kid, I think it would then be linked to my personal life interests - so all the football games got serious playtime. Its not sad you don't have a million hours in one game, its great that you're still searching for one and are willing to try more games. I'm sure any of us could help get you hooked on one of our 'Go To' games 😎

44 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

@J4MES OX4D  what objectives can you do on Truck simulator games?

Basically these games consist of a career where you buy a truck and grow your business. You do jobs going from place to place/country to country which unlocks new companies in which you can take jobs from. It's basically what a trucker would do in real life. The map is scaled down to 1:20 roughly but you can go from the likes of Wales all the way to Southern Turkey or in ATS you can go from California to Colorado. There's plenty of stuff to haul which adds to trailer variety and now they've also added a co-op convoy multiplayer mode in both games. Considering ETS2 is almost a decade old, it still looks great too

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

These games have also sold over 15m units and remain remarkably popular.