Star Citizen - player guide 3.14

phil bottle

Yep, 3.14 dropped yesterday evening and I played for a bit after midnight. Saw @Bluebear  was already on it 🙂

I spawned in the new area, Orison, and I have to say, watching videos of it do not do it justice. It is truly impressive.

I was only getting about 25fps but it was smooth with no hitches or lag spikes so I was pleasantly surprised.

If anyone fancies jumping on let me know in the WhatsApp, otherwise I'll set up a calendar event for next week!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Weapon changes are something that definitely need to be studied; after having much success with 2x ballistic gatlings and a distortion repeater on my 300i doing bounties, those same gatlings now only have 265 rounds each rather than the 4000 I was used to. I think I'm gonna outfit it with a full brace of laser repeaters and see how I get on!

I also need to study up on power management, as the power triangle now directly affects weapon performance (especially when using energy weapons).

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

Have to say the new patch runs really really well. Smoothest it's ever been for me. No hitches or lag spikes. However, elevators are a bit dangerous, as I called one and walked through the doors when they opened and fell to my death as there was no elevator there. So yeah, watch out for that one.

Also, if your ship has a bed, don't log out in it as you may have problems next time you try to enter. I found this out to my cost and it took a while before I discovered a workaround on the RSI forums.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg