MW3 Remastered possibly getting bundled with COD2021

MrBiron

LOLZ! If this is true then it's a sign that this years COD is going to be a massive pile of dogshit. Activision did the same thing when they bundled MWR with Infinite Borefare as they knew that game would be awful (although the campaign was actually decent). I'm so glad BF2042 is out this year.

fart.gif

They are absolutely desperate now. At least MWR had MP so players had a choice whether they wanted to play a pile of shit or a mediocre remaster for a while or even go back to BO3. There is literally no window now where MW3CR can fit that will keep people interested and not even MW2MPR could save it either. Battlefield already has it beat I reckon and COD is literally on its very last legs. 

8 minutes ago, slamminbones said:

I am even wondering if cod is scrapped this year and will just release mw3 remaster campaign and multilayer. 

From what I understand, the MW3 campaign is complete but they only have the MW2 multiplayer on the backburner but not the MW3MP. They probably wont want to risk MW2 getting buried by Battlefield so if the new COD doesn't materalise, they'll just run Cold War for longer or make some new skinzzzz for Warzone. I reckon there will be a new COD this year though and now they know they can get away with releasing a heavily incomplete game and drip feed content in the following months. 

47 minutes ago, slamminbones said:

Has a name even been announced yet? 

I find it very odd no pictures or even footage yet but I'm hoping this is the start where they don't release a game every year. 

Nothing aside from the working title of 'Vanguard' and the fact it's a WW2 game...again! From Activision's last major press release about it, the game does appear to be on track for this year however credible leaks from insiders earlier this year suggests that the game looked like a virtual turd and was in an horrendous state. They probably wont drop anything until it looks better or that they actually have content.

If they can't get the game out first week of October then they'll either push it back to December or delay it outright if Battlefield 2042 is a resounding success. That's my guess and I think the latter will be the biggest factor regardless of the state the actual game is in. 

11 hours ago, MrBiron said:

LOLZ! If this is true then it's a sign that this years COD is going to be a massive pile of dogshit. Activision did the same thing when they bundled MWR with Infinite Borefare as they knew that game would be awful (although the campaign was actually decent). I'm so glad BF2042 is out this year.

The previous COD's haven't been you mean? 😂

11 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

The previous COD's haven't been you mean? 😂

True. At least MW2109 was actually a finished game on release. Both BO4 and BOCW were clearly not finished and it looks like this game may be even worse than those 2.

fart.gif

On 7/26/2021 at 7:16 PM, slamminbones said:

Has a name even been announced yet? 

I find it very odd no pictures or even footage yet but I'm hoping this is the start where they don't release a game every year. 

I'm putting my 50p on this nice and early. It never takes this long for CoD release news to come. We'd usually get leaks too and there isn't really anything of merit to really bet on. Don't be surprised if you see them put a ton more elements into Warzone with a new roadmap in the coming months and I really do think they could create their own playground gamemode like how BF2042 Portal has been created. Problem for Activision is they have bigger fish to fry with the horrible news they seem to have lost control at with Blizzard.

17 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I enjoyed the new Modern Warfare but then they followed up with a downgrade, which is what Cold War was....so I don't expect anything good...and as Lee says, it's all about Warzone now. 

I dunno why they just didn't focus on expanding MW for the next 3 years. They had highly polished game, excellent visuals, a huge amount of work went into the animations and people overall enjoyed it even if their original design philosophies around doors was a bit flawed. Cold War was a downgrade in every respect, Treyarch as per usual didn't bother supporting the game much post-release and instead reverted to their tiresome plan of giving us the same old maps we've played in every one of their games from the past decade. 

Raven are doing a good job in killing Warzone where there's people even cheating in official tournaments so I think they are very much in a huge mess especially with people growing increasingly tired of the franchise and Battlefield finally making big strides. Soon they'll be focused exclusively on the mobile version and that's it. 

15 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I dunno why they just didn't focus on expanding MW for the next 3 years. They had highly polished game, excellent visuals, a huge amount of work went into the animations and people overall enjoyed it even if their original design philosophies around doors was a bit flawed. Cold War was a downgrade in every respect, Treyarch as per usual didn't bother supporting the game much post-release and instead reverted to their tiresome plan of giving us the same old maps we've played in every one of their games from the past decade. 

Raven are doing a good job in killing Warzone where there's people even cheating in official tournaments so I think they are very much in a huge mess especially with people growing increasingly tired of the franchise and Battlefield finally making big strides. Soon they'll be focused exclusively on the mobile version and that's it. 

I suppose their issue is they have the 3 developers and I imagine at the time they decide to break the contract cycle it was always going to be messy. Lets hope we are seeing what we are talking about as they really could make more of the new MW if it was revisited alongside Warzone.

17 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I enjoyed the new Modern Warfare but then they followed up with a downgrade, which is what Cold War was....so I don't expect anything good...and as Lee says, it's all about Warzone now. 

MW2019 was decent underneath but ruined by piss poor maps and lack of Dead Silence + super loud footsteps made it impossible to rush. Cold War sorted out the footstep issue by giving us Ninja but the maps were still piss poor.

fart.gif

I've played a lot of both MW19 and Cold War.

MW19 looks better and more polished. Animations and movement feels smoother. Maps were dogshit, loud footsteps. It says something when I played Shipment most of the time, the most broken version of it we have ever seen. Better than most of the other offerings. MW used a lot of recycled maps also and the ones they made were horrible for the most part.

Coldwar, rough launch and clunky movements and not as smooth as MW overall. Less appealing on the eye. Lack of content at launch. Heavier SBMM imo that MW began with. 

Both have many flaws, I think CW was forced too quickly and needed more time. MW19 should of had a longer cycle and CW could of started better.

MW19 campers are no joke tho. I like the gun battles and playstyle of CW. People actually rush etc.