Nfl 2021

Antpool84

So we are 2 weeks into the regular season now and their have been a few really good games. The Raiders-Ravens game was a hell of a game!! 

Tge Falcons are 0-2 so far after and unexpected loss to the Eagles in week 1, then a much more competitive loss against Tom Brady and his Bucs in which the offense looked much better. Just need to sort the defence out.

How are your teams getting on and what do you think of the season so far?

There's been some top notch games so far. The chiefs need to stop relying on out scoring everyone and actually try some defence. 

Miami scoring zero was a highlight, I've never liked them and I have a workmate that's a big fan, he's been rather quiet about the NFL this week.

1 hour ago, techno said:

There's been some top notch games so far. The chiefs need to stop relying on out scoring everyone and actually try some defence. 

Miami scoring zero was a highlight, I've never liked them and I have a workmate that's a big fan, he's been rather quiet about the NFL this week.

Have to agree with you about the Chiefs, they are far too reliant on Mahomes. Yes, he is an incredible QB, but if they want to build a team that is conatantly challenging for Superbowls they need to build the complete team like the Patriots did

It was hilarious that the Dolphins were shut out, wonder how many times that will happen this season 😂

On 9/23/2021 at 9:55 PM, Antpool84 said:

Have to agree with you about the Chiefs, they are far too reliant on Mahomes. Yes, he is an incredible QB, but if they want to build a team that is conatantly challenging for Superbowls they need to build the complete team like the Patriots did

It was hilarious that the Dolphins were shut out, wonder how many times that will happen this season 😂

Chiefs have been woeful up until last week and their record is generous at best. If they want to contend again they need to rebuild that offensive line to give mahomes and his receivers time to get open. 

As for the lolphins, I wouldn’t worry about the next 5 weeks but they finish against the Saints, Titans and Dolphins so you could expect another one. 😂

On 11/20/2021 at 6:35 PM, Laidback Lankyman said:

Chiefs have been woeful up until last week and their record is generous at best. If they want to contend again they need to rebuild that offensive line to give mahomes and his receivers time to get open. 

As for the lolphins, I wouldn’t worry about the next 5 weeks but they finish against the Saints, Titans and Dolphins so you could expect another one. 😂

This week is definitely a big test for the Chiefs.

Can anyone actually pick a Superbowl favourite right now?

18 hours ago, techno said:

It hurts me to say this but....keep an eye on the Patriots. The Dark Lord seems to have cloned Mac Jones into a Brady droid in less than a season. 

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

9 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

It hurts me to say this but....keep an eye on the Patriots. The Dark Lord seems to have cloned Mac Jones into a Brady droid in less than a season. 

He is playing really well.

The 2 guys on the NFL show picked Dallas and Packers and both then went and lost 🙄

Could chiefs be coming with a late charge after a shaky start?

11 hours ago, techno said:

I just looked up this week's scores and once again some real shocks.🤦

Yeah, there have been some weird results lately, i was shocked that the Colts beat the Bills by that margin. The Cowboys seem really inconsistent too, after destrying Atlanta (not that thats hard this season 🤦‍♂️🙄) they lost to the Chiefs. 

On 11/21/2021 at 6:45 PM, techno said:

I'm still liking the Cardinals chances and think the Chargers could still have a good playoff run. You can't count out the Bucs either with the Brady factor.

11 hours ago, techno said:

Could chiefs be coming with a late charge after a shaky start?

Looks like it, i think they have adapted as it looked like teams had figured out how to counteract Mahomes, but they are picking up those W's again now. Could we see a Superbowl repeat from last year?

As much as i don't particularly like them, i hope the Lions pick up a couple of wins. I watched the Rams season of All or Nothing and there was so much hype around Jared Goff, but he hasn't shown anything near to it. I think the same might happen to Trevor Lawrence too unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Baabcat said:

The Legend of Heinicke has started ! Washington have been awesome last two games , our last 5 games are all NFC East matchups ups so I am hoping for a big finish and catch those Cowpokes. 

That would be amazing Bob but losing Chase Young for the rest of the season is a real blow for the defense

26 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

That would be amazing Bob but losing Chase Young for the rest of the season is a real blow for the defense

Honestly the defence has picked up with the whole team even after this injury. Chase’s stats were pretty woeful, think he was a marked man this time around so wasn’t ready having the impact. Hopefully it won’t be too much of an issue, probably more worrying is the offensive line took a few injuries on Sunday, had the 3rd choice centre at one point .

13 hours ago, Baabcat said:

Honestly the defence has picked up with the whole team even after this injury. Chase’s stats were pretty woeful, think he was a marked man this time around so wasn’t ready having the impact. 

That’s what I thought as well Bob, until one of the TV commentators highlighted him on a few of the plays and pointed out that he was being used in a different way, negating runners coming through. CY was policing the whole of his side of the line!.hopefully Montez will be back soon

Totally agree with your point about the O line, we’re starting to get a bit banged up.

Anyway leaving Washington aside, as much as I'm enjoying them at the moment, suspect they haven't quite got enough to do much more than wildcard, picking a favourite for the Superbowl is pretty tough.

AFC is looking horribly like the Patriots are in the groove, but Kansas beating Dallas was a pretty big result, so hoping the Chiefs keep that going.

NFC looks wide open - Packers, Buc's, Cardinals, or Rams, cant bring myself to say Cowboys!!

Going to go Packers to win it overall - Aaron has had such a season of controversy he's got a point to prove!

Saw a great graphic today..Aaron Rodgers equalled Brett Favre’s 442 TD record for the Packers at the weekend but did it throwing 193 fewer interceptions! 😱 AR threw 93 INT against BF 286

5 hours ago, techno said:

Tampa bay 😂

Week on week more strange results.

Oh and Cardinals as well 😳

@Riff Machine got to be happy with his team.

I absolutely loved the look on Bradys face when he was on the bench during that game 😂

I see the Jags have clinched that number 1 draft pick again for next season too, give them 10 years and they might make the playoffs lol

5 hours ago, Baabcat said:

I thinking Kansas are looking the best team at the moment, seem to have come into form just at the right time !

Definitely, Mahomes is back on form now so they are the team to beat again, and with how the Packers are doing too we could be in for a Kansas-Green Bay Superbowl

On 12/21/2021 at 11:33 PM, Antpool84 said:

Definitely, Mahomes is back on form now so they are the team to beat again, and with how the Packers are doing too we could be in for a Kansas-Green Bay Superbowl

Hopefully we get that Super Bowl that we were all hoping for last year, rather than the tompa bay gronkaneers again.