Ender Lilies: Quietus of The Knights

I recently picked this up on my switch and fell in love with this game.  It's a 2D metroidvania style action adventure kinda reminiscent of symphony of the night.  You play as a little priestess named Lily and all your attacks and abilities are done through spirits you've purified during the game.  There's hand to hand, swords, clubs etc, as well as magic ranged attacks.  You also get permanent abilities like swimming underwater, double jump and such through the same spirits you acquire.

Graphics are beautiful hand drawn sprites that move quite nicely.  The gameplay is really spot on.  There's some points where you'll be stuck in an animation and unable to dodge, but those are avoidable IMO.  The music and sound is incredible as well.  

This is my kind of game so I may come off as a bit bias but if you're a fan of this style of game, you should dig it as well.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

This looks visually stunning, with a story I would love to dig into.

Since it's on Switch and @TurboR56Mini  and I are travelling soon, I think I'm going to download it for our travel.

Thanks for highlighting it!

Also available on PS4/5 and Steam.  I believe xbox as well.  

This game is really good!  I highly recommend it.  

I’m nearing the end of my journey with ender lilies and I’ve been really pleased with it overall.  Yes, there have been some moments where it’s been frustrating, but much like old school gaming, trial, error and repetition leads to success eventually. Some boss fights have been a walk in the park while others have been a test of my patience.  Effectively using the various spirits you acquire throughout the game are a major path to success.

Thankfully, even if moments do get frustrating, the music manages to keep tempers down with its orchestral beauty throughout.  Seriously, this games score is on par with any AAA release ever.  

Overall, I’d give this. 9/10.  I’m docking a point mostly due to animation locks and enemies frequently using that to get some cheap hits in as you can’t cancel to block or dodge.  Still a magnificent game for those looking for a solid 2D adventure.