FGFC FIFA 21 Summer Break?

GazzaGarratt

Stop you say?! Now?! But whyyyyyyeeeee?

This doesn't mean to stop fully nor am I suggesting ad-hoc FIFA carries on whenever you guys wanna play. My thoughts are that we've managed to keep Monday Night Football going for at least 7-9 months now with massive success at getting many FGers involved with everyone, including @jordie1892 's great idea of having a mini tournament in honor of the Euros this year. I'd hate for it to get stale in any way and considering some of us will be going on holiday in August as most people do, alongside the upgrading and updates we've got to do on FG across the next 4 weeks.

So, with all that being said a few questions.

1. Shall we have formal extended break from Monday Night Football over August (not stopping any ad-hoc events or catch up we all wanna do)?
  2. And what stuff shall we do to make us come back and really enjoy it next time round?

On the second question, a few things i can start with is we should remember to keep having the fun regardles of what Division we're in. The best moments have come from huge cock-ups or when we're already having a laugh. We can't lose that. I'm also thinking if we prep beforehand we could do alot more, for instance creating a mock up of a teamsheet like @Lurch  tried once before and we can make better use of time for capturing stats, etc. Obviously you could request we start again but which i'm on the fence about cos i'm not sure that adds anything if people play in more than one Pro Clubs team in FIFA.

So, over to you! Really want to keep the interest going and keeping everything exciting and fun so we're all looking forward to Monday's (or even Super Sundays too). Cheers all.

P.S. If you haven't seen the Achievements topic in Site Info recently, I also intend to add some medals/badges we can all earn by playing FIFA with FGFC moving forward too 😄

I don't really see the point in stopping. If anyone needs a break or are away there's no obligation to come on, but I don't think we should be stopping Mondays for everybody! The fact we had a full team out of the blue on Monday shows there's still a lot of interest for people to play! 

I'm happy to carry on too, but as this is the only night i'm on regularly those who are on multiple nights might want a break, but i agree with @jordie1892 that if peeps want a break then we can carry on with those who want to and still have a laugh. 

The timesheet idea sounds pretty cool, be good to have a decent way of keeping an eye on those stats

I know when its written in black and white in can always sound stronger than it is so don't get me wrong, happy to crack on and continue!

But to keep it fresh we should definitely ramp up some ideas to start in the future. We can do at the same time surely.

I want to get into a place where a quick match report and pre-buzz can go out to everyone as sometimes when you can't play its still great to get insight to what went on and what lolz we had. Using social media to push it out, etc. But clearly its another ask for help from my side. We all love it when its all happening but one person can't do it on their own for a sustained period of time.

I'd also say we need to really remember not to get too sweaty on the game too. Always a fine balance but we need to encourage everyone playing regardless of skill as that's why we're getting enjoyment out of it to see everyone progress.

Well aware I'm putting my grumpy hat on with this...😅

Speaking solely from my perspective here, I don't know if the match reports/team sheets etc are worth the energy putting into them, unless it's something that someone particularly enjoys taking a handle of? I love getting games in with everybody regardless of how we play, it's a good little escape away from everything. When it turns to collecting stats and design work, it starts to sound more like work than fun, and that itself would be the cause of the burn out!

I'd be interested to know peoples genuine opinion on if they want to have the stats available to look at when they can't make it, or if team-sheets actually inspire people to get online and play, because otherwise it's adding stress to something quite simple for the sake of a picture people will glance at for a couple of secs and move on. 

1 hour ago, jordie1892 said:

When it turns to collecting stats and design work, it starts to sound more like work than fun, and that itself would be the cause of the burn out!

1 million percent this dude, totally agreeing with all of that! At the end of the day all of the additional stuff we do is for fun and cant ever feel like work. Yes, how I tackle quite few bits in FG is similar ways to my work mentality but if I can see a few people that are happy with it in the end then its worth it. FG has always been skewed in terms of effort in to how much benefit you get out of it...I think that's why we're unique cos some of us love just making one person happy for all the fancy fluff 😄

I think when we're in the moment of loving games and in that sweet spot many love that we get the extra stuff...but equally I know they'd rather not do it too! 🤣

I think we'll see what easy things I can come up with then and how easy/quick it is to create and share things which always add to our gaming sessions. I'd be lying if I wasn't proud that if I had a great night I could go back and see my name and stats in the team all shiny and shit - its kinda those moments that make us remember those games and laughs.

One thing you've said to me before is some of our mini moments are great and we should share on things like TikTok...so definitely gonna give that a whirl for us! Cheers for responding so quickly Jordie ❤

9 hours ago, LordBaguette said:

What I have gleaned from Lees post and replies is: Lee wants a break from MNF 😂

Weirdly, I didn't actually mate but I certainly want us to think about if its fun for others on the night rather than win at all costs.

We all know a little gap ends up making any of our games great just like when we play GTA Races on FG Friday.

I'll stick up the usual MNF as per usual and will think about what we can do in the coming weeks.