FIFA 22

Meanwhile PES, now rebranded as Efootball is going free to play, which is hilarious. Will we have to purchase players I wonder? 😁

Also on a new engine, a dedicated unreal engine I believe. 

No word on game modes.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Kinetic air battles? @Lurch  one for you that is and your tall builds.

Looking online it seems to have a few extra bits:

• New explosive sprint feature - high risk and reward when it comes to shooting if mistimed
  • new attacking tactics - for when you enter the attacking half
  • 4 new skill moves this year:
    • the scoop turn fake
    • the four touch skill (important for when you're on the sideline)
    • the skilled bridge
    • the first time spin
  • c. 90% First time skill moves can be used to control the ball
  • More stats
  • Goalkeeper refresh - possibly harder to score goals

No new news on game modes I can find so far.

3 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Meanwhile PES, now rebranded as Efootball is going free to play, which is hilarious.

It's an absolute disaster - they've literally murdered an iconic brand spanning console generations for 25 years and replaced it with free to play shit. Looks like master league has gone too. Ghastly colours and the concept is not explained well. It's a bloody disgrace really. 

unnamed__5_.jpg

May as well call it Tom Clancy's e-Football. If this is the direction AAA publishers are taking their established brands then this generation of gaming is gonna be a dumpster fire of online service shite. 

I'm one of those people everyone hates who'll pick up the new FIFA as soon as it comes out each year. Spend so much time playing it, that I don't have any qualms about paying the money each year.  If people still want to play clubs on 21 that's fine by me!

21 hours ago, jordie1892 said:

I'm one of those people everyone hates who'll pick up the new FIFA as soon as it comes out each year. Spend so much time playing it, that I don't have any qualms about paying the money each year.  If people still want to play clubs on 21 that's fine by me!

21 hours ago, Findmartin said:

I would only buy this if everyone else did to continue our pro clubs journey. But personally I'd rather stay on fifa 21 till at least Christmas when it drops to half price! 

I totally think we've got our money back here at FG with the ones that have played Pro Clubs together. Its ridiculous to think how we've played that game mode alone. However, I do think it will be some time until we switch across to FIFA 22, possibly dependent on people's funds and when the amount of people are still playing Pro Clubs on 21 rather than 22.

I think we all just hoped they'd be something to push EA to improve their game a little more than they do today. I swear the Pro Clubs engine is 4 or 5 years old as its just a different game to FUT and even Co-Op Seasons. Its a gold mine for game modes such as Pro Clubs and even Co-op Seasons but they don't have much incentive to make massive changes.

4 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Credible and significant rumours suggesting FIFA will go free to play from next year. The milkage will be huge I expect. 

It sounds ridiculous, I played old FIFA as a lad it was a different game back then before money was spend. I had FIFA 94, 95 was the first one to have indoor football. I stopped playing in the early 2000's. But a free to play FIFA tickles me. The last game I ever expected for that format.

Your are right they will milk ze cow dry.

I wonder if they will drip feed the best players slowly over time and hold back content.

7 hours ago, Dan94 said:

Has anyone played the beta? A mate of mine played it for a bit and said its awful

I've watched quite a lot of beta footage (mostly UT shite) and the only thing that is different is the extra/improved animations. They do look a bit more seamless and cleaner plus it makes the game look somewhat realistic but at the end of the day, it's still not much of a step up from FIFA 19 and this standard should have been in place years ago. If eFootball is as bad as I fear this year, it doesn't look like I'll be playing any football games for the season! 

On 8/19/2021 at 10:09 AM, Dan94 said:

Has anyone played the beta? A mate of mine played it for a bit and said its awful

Not yet, but I need to try Pro Clubs as I got that version of the Beta. Still have a 7-10 days left to try it though. Pro Clubs would be a goldmine so unsure why they don't tweak that mode anymore than they currently do.

On 8/19/2021 at 7:44 PM, Dan94 said:

Is there any info on crossplay at all? 

I fear what James said. I worry more about cross-gen as they didn't even let that happen between PS4 and PS5 on FIFA 21. I think its unacceptable to not at lest offer cross gen, especially if you are a huge AAA developer/producer.

28 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I fear what James said. I worry more about cross-gen as they didn't even let that happen between PS4 and PS5 on FIFA 21. I think its unacceptable to not at lest offer cross gen, especially if you are a huge AAA developer/producer.

There's no way cross-gen will happen as both games are running on very different builds - even the PC version will be running off the old gen version this year. Haptic feedback along with the new animation library is way too ahead of what the old consoles can handle. I'm not even sure if PS5 owners will be able to downgrade their version this year either. With FIFA 21 it was a PS4 upgrade that was also downgradable back to its original status so the current gen could play with old gen users but PS5/XBSX may be hard-locked. 

14 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

There's no way cross-gen will happen as both games are running on very different builds - even the PC version will be running off the old gen version this year. Haptic feedback along with the new animation library is way too ahead of what the old consoles can handle. I'm not even sure if PS5 owners will be able to downgrade their version this year either. With FIFA 21 it was a PS4 upgrade that was also downgradable back to its original status so the current gen could play with old gen users but PS5/XBSX may be hard-locked. 

They have to be careful as they'll divide groups if thats the case. I can still see them offering the upgrade path from PS4 sales as not everyone has had access to a PS5 yet.

Sounds as if the FGers here ended up wanting to move to FIFA 22, that means i'd be getting the PS4 version, not the PS5 one. Playing with friends supersedes seeing a slightly shinier model of the same game.

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

They have to be careful as they'll divide groups if thats the case. I can still see them offering the upgrade path from PS4 sales as not everyone has had access to a PS5 yet.

Sounds as if the FGers here ended up wanting to move to FIFA 22, that means i'd be getting the PS4 version, not the PS5 one. Playing with friends supersedes seeing a slightly shinier model of the same game.

There is no free upgrade this year - you have to pay £90 for the ultimate edition to do so. EA don't give a toss about splitting the playerbase - they just want to rip people off because they know people will pay up regardless

1280x720.jpg
WWW.PUSHSQUARE.COM

No free upgrade this year - There will be no free PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5 upgrade for FIFA 22, EA Sports has confir...

19 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

There is no free upgrade this year - you have to pay £90 for the ultimate edition to do so. EA don't give a toss about splitting the playerbase - they just want to rip people off because they know people will pay up regardless

1280x720.jpg
WWW.PUSHSQUARE.COM

No free upgrade this year - There will be no free PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5 upgrade for FIFA 22, EA Sports has confir...

That is devastating and disgusting all in one. I'm not saying I wouldn't get my money's worth if you look at playtime alone for someone like me but I'd prefer not to pay £90 for the game we would all likely buy for far less once we wait for it to go down in price. Its like they don't want you to play with your friends. Incredible.