World War 3 Returns

J4MES OX4D

After over a year away and the game being seemingly forgotten, it looks like it's gone through a major overhaul and will likely be free to play when it does fully release once more. Never played it back in the day and the devs got some flak for some bad decisions in which the player base evaporated but it looks like they've worked hard. It wont come close to Battlefield and it's extremely risky releasing months before BF2042 but it'll be interesting to see how it does.

7 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

After over a year away and the game being seemingly forgotten, it looks like it's gone through a major overhaul and will likely be free to play when it does fully release once more. Never played it back in the day and the devs got some flak for some bad decisions in which the player base evaporated but it looks like they've worked hard. It wont come close to Battlefield and it's extremely risky releasing months before BF2042 but it'll be interesting to see how it does.

Everyone was looking forward to this up until the night of release. But they fucked up the release and no-one could get on. They eventually sorted out the servers but by that time had lost most of the player base and it was always empty. Plus had issues and instead of fixing them they just went radio silent. 

I heard it might be a free to play when re-released so I'm wondering if I should refund it now 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

There's a test weekend for previous owners of the game. I played a few games and quit them all.

The servers were laggy as laggy can be and team killing is the most popular sport so far it seems. You can't insta death the person who team killed you but they respawn immediately. Nice.

I'll try again tomorrow when hopefully it has calmed down a bit.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

18 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

There's a test weekend for previous owners of the game. I played a few games and quit them all.

The servers were laggy as laggy can be and team killing is the most popular sport so far it seems. You can't insta death the person who team killed you but they respawn immediately. Nice.

I'll try again tomorrow when hopefully it has calmed down a bit.

Shame to hear. Hopefully the developers will actually listen this time around - no point in them doing a huge reboot if the same old problems, technical and conceptual still exist. 

47 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Keep forgetting this game exists. Totally free now and just had another update

As one of the OG buyers of this game they've given me loads of ingame shit to make up for the fact it's now free.

Unfortunately any chance of a decent experience is let down by lag, latency, net code. Its poorly optimised and a complete waste of time unless that gets sorted out...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg