Latest project, scale garage

Drifter

Something I have been working on for the past few weeks. May very well be the height of my clinical OCD lol. Have been 3D printing and painting everything for a scale garage scene for the Felony. Everything is 3D printed, then painted/detailed. Pictures on the walls are resized pictures I took up on Woodward over the years and trimmed down to scale size. Monster truck pics are an actual Rc truck I built years ago which I reprinted in a smaller size, even got my a poster for my custom fly rod business worked into there 🙂 Was very time consuming and took a lot of hours but was quite a fun project.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Man, I really want to look into a 3D printer now!! Looks incredible Steve, and its pretty cool how you've thought about all the detail in the garage, especially like how the vacuum/hoover, has the coil wrapped in the way that it does.

How do you get the materials for a 3D printer and are they easy to program in terms of telling it 'i want a wheel', etc, so it creates it?

You buy the filament (basically the plastic is uses to print) on spools for about $20 a spool. Then you go on to  a place online called "thingiverse". That is where there are a TON of .stl files. the .stl file is the file type that a 3d printer reads to get the info from as to what to print. Then you basically just run the file through a program called a slicer so that it slices the model into layers (I use Cura) and then its ready to print. You can see all the stuff here on thingiverse to print. Just type in something and check out what comes up

thingiverse-avatar-4_3.png
WWW.THINGIVERSE.COM

Download files and build them with your 3D printer, laser cutter, or CNC. Thingiverse is a universe of things.

Figured I'd post this here rather than start a new topic. I FINALLY got this car out for its first ever run today. Have owned it for a few months now but just between my custom rod business being so busy this year, and many other projects I've been working on, I had not got around to charging the packs and taking this one out yet. So finally took a break this evening and got it out. It's what I would call Stupid Fast 😬 Way too fast for the parking lot I took it too. With the current gearing it'll hit 70mph, but I couldn't get it up over probably 50mph tonight because I would run out of room so fast. So gonna tryin find a larger lot to take it to next time.

It's definitely a blast to run that's for sure.