Anyone interested in benching?

Diddums

@Plumbers Crack  and I had a little impromptu bench-off last night and it was fun to just see what sort of scores we were getting. Of course putting my PC next to his was the tech equivalent of putting a Datsun next to a GTR which was very obvious in the scores, but it was still fun nonetheless. Of course this will only be a brief little thing for a week or two but it's still a bit of fun. When people start taking it seriously it always ends up costing more than the GDP of a small country but as a bit of fun it's worth a go, and overclocking always adds an element of fun. This has also reminded me that I've still got a £50 Amazon voucher to use and a fresh tube of Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut in my drawer so I can pop a new cooler on my CPU and twist the knobs a bit.

If there's enough interest I'll put together a benching suite and a leaderboard. 

Please tag anyone who might be interested! @phil bottle @crispymorgan  @GazzaGarratt @Greboth etc. 

banlol.png

9 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I expected this thread to be about exercising😎

2 hours ago, RenFengge said:

Admittedly, so did I lol. 

Get cracking then! Post up a benching thread for actual benching 😄

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

I'm afraid of hurting mine if I stress it too much, still have flashbacks from my last one dying 😅

Yeah, not a good look. Mine's still under warranty so I've no issues tweaking it until it begs for death. 

banlol.png

You should put up the link and stuffs on what program to use to compare, etc. Although, my PC gets hot as it is, this will probably blow my electrics the way my friggin' tests go!

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

You should put up the link and stuffs on what program to use to compare, etc. Although, my PC gets hot as it is, this will probably blow my electrics the way my friggin' tests go!

I'm down to test mine to see where I'm at, maybe push it a bit, but it runs fine for my needs, so I don't want to stress it for no reason.  

What programs are we using, what all are we testing?  Sorry, I've never gotten into benchmarking stuff much.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

On 7/13/2021 at 5:18 PM, BO7H B4RRELS said:

I'm down to test mine to see where I'm at, maybe push it a bit, but it runs fine for my needs, so I don't want to stress it for no reason.  

What programs are we using, what all are we testing?  Sorry, I've never gotten into benchmarking stuff much.  

Cinebench   

2019-11-24-ts3_thumbs-38d.png
WWW.TECHSPOT.COM

Cinebench is the perfect tool to compare CPU and graphics performance across various systems and platforms. Best of all: it's free.

and 

Heaven

benchmark_opengraph.png
BENCHMARK.UNIGINE.COM

Performance benchmarks by Unigine

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork