Dead Space Remake

Strong rumour worth keeping an eye on

dspainting01_1024x768-14bf_1625215226.jp
METRO.CO.UK

Everyone seems convinced EA is working on a new Dead Space game but there’s disagreement over whether it’s a reboot or a remake.

23 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Strong rumour worth keeping an eye on

dspainting01_1024x768-14bf_1625215226.jp
METRO.CO.UK

Everyone seems convinced EA is working on a new Dead Space game but there’s disagreement over whether it’s a reboot or a remake.

I hope not.

Reasons.

1. It's EA

2. EA killed Dead Space

3. The original is available and is still good.

4. Whatever happens it will be shit because EA are behind it. 

5. Dead Space loot mechanics here we come 😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'm not that thrilled about this.  If the original developers were still around, I'd be more interested.  You just know that EA just wants a cash in on another franchise that was good a couple gens ago.  Much like the ME collection, I've done it before and i'm not really interested in seeing it again without visceral games at the helm. 

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

It's just a remake?  This must be the new buisness model for EA.  Make money on old properties.  The original trilogy was good overall, but if they're gonna bring this series back, make a new game.  I can't really say i'm excited for it either.  It'll be a "wait and see" approach for moi.  Shame the original developers aren't around anymore to make it.  I'd be more hyped if they were.

On 7/22/2021 at 11:21 PM, Riff Machine said:

This must be the new buisness model for EA.

Seems like it. it may work well for this game as some remakes are very much wanted from the playerbase, but it would be nice if they don't do remakes all the time. i think its more the fact they can reuse resources clearly as it saves the 7 years of creating a brand new game from scratch. never played this originally but know from many of you here it was an awesome game so if it gets the PS5 treatment i might have dip on it after it comes out and we've seen the initial reviews from some of you guys and girls.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Just read that they are planning to make the game gapless like God of War, so there won't be any loading screens. I think this would work really well, that way there will be nothing to stop the momentum and pull you out of the game, which would be awesome for a horror game.

I reinstalled the original recently and remembered how much I hated the movement in the first game. Think I preferred Dead Space 2. 

The original on highest settings still looks great, no need for me to go near this.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 12/6/2022 at 6:21 AM, phil bottle said:

I reinstalled the original recently and remembered how much I hated the movement in the first game. Think I preferred Dead Space 2. 

The original on highest settings still looks great, no need for me to go near this.

The turret levels....  Fuck.  those.  I agree with 2 being the better game.  Shame they shit the bed with 3.

14 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

The turret levels....  Fuck.  those.  I agree with 2 being the better game.  Shame they shit the bed with 3.

Yep, possibly the most annoying levels in all of gaming 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Some very strong reviews going up which is great news! Currently 89% on Meta and still many to go. Probably won’t get it at full price but certainly down the line. Looks like they did a very good job on this almost to the standard of how Capcom have rebooted the classic RE titles.

Yea, I'm with @phil bottleon this one.  I'm filing this under "Been there, done that."  Let me know when that sale hits phil.

I have actually got a bit hooked again on the 2008 version. Such a good looking game with the settings maxed out.

I found a bit of code to fix the ridiculous mouse settings and now I'm loving it.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg