Starfield

Described as Skyirm in space. They dropped a teaser trailer yesteday and the release is a very long way off. Feels like this game has been in development for an eternity now 

I'll keep my eyes on it but I still can't believe we haven't had any gameplay footage yet. 

I watched the Xbox/Bethesda show live and was hoping for some proper info on this game. Didnt really get much at all. As it stands, there's not really anything to say other than at least they're trying a new IP and hopefully on a decent game engine. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm awaiting this with bated breath.

I've been wanting a 'casual' space RPG for ages now. No Man's Sky had that inital wonder of exploration that I'm craving, but the effect very quickly wears off due to its shallowness by virtue of being a proc-gen game. If you see one ruin, you've seen them all. So for a game to (hopefully) have hand-crafted planets/locations etc but be somewhat casual along the lines of The Elder Scrolls, I'd be very happy.

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

On 6/14/2021 at 11:36 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

Todd Howard be like ''Starfield is 16 times the detail of Skyrim'' then we find out the game runs on the New Vegas engine🤣

Honestly, that same engine goes all the way back to Morrowind. I'ts just been built ontop of for literally decades but it still has very similar jankiness the whole way through. And to be quite honest, I wouldn't entirely mind, as it's very good for mods.

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

• 10 months later...
38 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I'm glad they're delaying it to polish it. But come on, this is Bethesda, it will release with bugs, guaranteed 😁

By the time the game releases we'll be playing Unreal 5 titles yet Starfield will probably still be running on the Morrowind engine but this time at 32x the detail🤣