Starfield

Described as Skyirm in space. They dropped a teaser trailer yesteday and the release is a very long way off. Feels like this game has been in development for an eternity now 

I'll keep my eyes on it but I still can't believe we haven't had any gameplay footage yet. 

I watched the Xbox/Bethesda show live and was hoping for some proper info on this game. Didnt really get much at all. As it stands, there's not really anything to say other than at least they're trying a new IP and hopefully on a decent game engine. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'm awaiting this with bated breath.

I've been wanting a 'casual' space RPG for ages now. No Man's Sky had that inital wonder of exploration that I'm craving, but the effect very quickly wears off due to its shallowness by virtue of being a proc-gen game. If you see one ruin, you've seen them all. So for a game to (hopefully) have hand-crafted planets/locations etc but be somewhat casual along the lines of The Elder Scrolls, I'd be very happy.

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

On 6/14/2021 at 11:36 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

Todd Howard be like ''Starfield is 16 times the detail of Skyrim'' then we find out the game runs on the New Vegas engine🤣

Honestly, that same engine goes all the way back to Morrowind. I'ts just been built ontop of for literally decades but it still has very similar jankiness the whole way through. And to be quite honest, I wouldn't entirely mind, as it's very good for mods.

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

Well, If the delay will provide a less buggy experience then yay!

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

38 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I'm glad they're delaying it to polish it. But come on, this is Bethesda, it will release with bugs, guaranteed 😁

By the time the game releases we'll be playing Unreal 5 titles yet Starfield will probably still be running on the Morrowind engine but this time at 32x the detail🤣

Todd Howard: ''fly anywhere do anything''

Meanwhile....

s48-1655059340098-1655213498952.jpg?widt
WWW.IGN.COM

Todd Howard has said that Starfield won't allow you to fly seamlessly from space to its 1,000 explorable planets, saying the feature is "really just not that important to the player" to justify the engineering work...

That's a bit disappointing! Don't want to be greeted with loading screens as it'll kill the immersion. Definitely not easy to do technically especially if it's running on old architecture but I would've expected them to do some masking of sorts where it would feel like a landing experience even if it was the game simply loading in the back-end. Not sure how it'll be presented but if it's just a 'click to go to X planet' format then it'll really diminish the experience especially as their existing games are largely seamless in exploration. 

On 1/22/2023 at 9:05 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

Todd Howard: ''fly anywhere do anything''

Meanwhile....

s48-1655059340098-1655213498952.jpg?widt
WWW.IGN.COM

Todd Howard has said that Starfield won't allow you to fly seamlessly from space to its 1,000 explorable planets, saying the feature is "really just not that important to the player" to justify the engineering work...

That's a bit disappointing! Don't want to be greeted with loading screens as it'll kill the immersion. Definitely not easy to do technically especially if it's running on old architecture but I would've expected them to do some masking of sorts where it would feel like a landing experience even if it was the game simply loading in the back-end. Not sure how it'll be presented but if it's just a 'click to go to X planet' format then it'll really diminish the experience especially as their existing games are largely seamless in exploration. 

We've known that since last summer, one of the few things we actually do know about this game.

I'm not getting hyped for it and if it turns out to be a great game that would be cool, but other than a new Bethesda ip, there's little to get excited about, for me anyway.

I'd rather the next Elder Scrolls to be honest 🙂

If I want to spend 20 minutes flying between the ground and space I'll stick on Star Citizen 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Starfield delayed for a third time 

starfield-1637352770138-1652357090488.jp
WWW.IGN.COM

Bethesda has delayed Starfield once again, as the game will now launch in September for PC and Xbox Series X and S. There will also be a Starfield Direct on June 11, right after the Xbox Games Showcase.

Not a huge delay and likely a tactical move but with Bethesda's track record, it wouldn't surprise me if we see this run into March 2024. Currently 10 months off their original and 'guaranteed' target. I expect 32x the detail now😎

2 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Starfield delayed for a third time 

starfield-1637352770138-1652357090488.jp
WWW.IGN.COM

Bethesda has delayed Starfield once again, as the game will now launch in September for PC and Xbox Series X and S. There will also be a Starfield Direct on June 11, right after the Xbox Games Showcase.

Not a huge delay and likely a tactical move but with Bethesda's track record, it wouldn't surprise me if we see this run into March 2024. Currently 10 months off their original and 'guaranteed' target. I expect 32x the detail now😎

Yeah, like they could release it in 2033 and it would still have bugs anyway lol 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'm pretty sure it'll release this year, especially with Xbox making a huge deal about it. Right idea to delay to give it a fighting chance at launch too as not many games are due to be out in September, at the start of the colder seasons.

Couldn't care less about how many units they sell or any of that bollocks. I'll finally be picking up Baldurs Gate 3 and I think I'm capable of playing both games, even if if they released same day. I do that with books, I do that with games.

I've come around in my head to start expecting Starfield to be a great game and I'm looking forward to release, whenever that might be. I saw certain people responsible for Elders Scrolls: Oblivion were working on it, and I just decided it's gonna be cool 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Another massive humiliation for Xbox and Phil Spencer. 

9YFT4ucbUS2Eq2U3AuvRfJ-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Todd Howard confirmed that the Xbox Series X/S versions of Starfield will fly in the slow lane.

After giving it large about how every game will run at at least 60fps on Xbox, this is pretty embarrassing especially after Redfall and Spencer's very defeatist admissions after. What was the bloody point of Microsoft buying Bethesda if they aren't going to assist, provide tech or keep their eye on the ball? Kinda proves that the deal was only to shut out Sony and provide some game pass fodder. There's been absolutely no benefit whatsoever to this deal and Bethesda are probably in a worse place than ever in their history. From what I read about Redfall, Microsoft only bothered picking up the game at the 11th hour for a marketing shift for the game pass and from what Spencer also said, it looks like they have no idea about Starfield either. They really need to get their house in order and fast. 

I hope the game is still half decent but it's almost turning into another Fallout 76 calamity.  

Will wait and see, I'm still pretty optimistic it's going to be Fallout in Space, only better. 

I hope that if it's buggy they have the sense to delay it. 

Plus on PC I'll be getting slightly better than 30 frames, maybe 31 😉

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Are they going for their own version of No Mans Sky or is it more closer to Star Citizen? I'm trying to understand the angle of what the game objective is and what we're expected to do in the game. Some bits look amazing, i'm not sure their gunplay will feel the best out there from what i've seen. Would love to know what others think that have followed this for a while.

Another ex-Blizzard employee makes a complete tit of himself

WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Bethesda head of publishing Pete Hines defended the Starfield team after a former game dev criticized the startup menu.

On 6/27/2023 at 7:13 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

Are they going for their own version of No Mans Sky or is it more closer to Star Citizen? I'm trying to understand the angle of what the game objective is and what we're expected to do in the game. Some bits look amazing, i'm not sure their gunplay will feel the best out there from what i've seen. Would love to know what others think that have followed this for a while.

I'd say Skyrim in space but pretty sure you somehow managed to avoid one of the best games ever made, so that's no help 🤔😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

16 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I'd say Skyrim in space but pretty sure you somehow managed to avoid one of the best games ever made, so that's no help 🤔😅

After playing Oblivion for hours on end and not finishing it as I got a little bored of all the detail, and that it was single player you can probably see why I didn't go near Skyrim! That game happened in my 7 year cebatical of games, and depressingly I found this place 😅

Maybe one day Skyrim....but for now I'll have to play Starfield with FG fwends! 😍