Forza Horizon 5

Although I'm not a huge fan of these sandbox racing games, I can't help but appreciate the sheer level of polish that these developers offer in them. It looks absolutely remarkable in places and the technical quality is some of the most refined I have ever seen. Horizon 3 and 4 were both incredible and 5 looks to be another stunning experience 

On 6/15/2021 at 9:48 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

Although I'm not a huge fan of these sandbox racing games, I can't help but appreciate the sheer level of polish that these developers offer in them. It looks absolutely remarkable in places and the technical quality is some of the most refined I have ever seen. Horizon 3 and 4 were both incredible and 5 looks to be another stunning experience 

Creating your own games right at the end of that video looks bloody fantastic. Was Forza 4 like this btw? I n particular I mean did it have a campaign like that as its very VERY different. Reminds me of GTA Online if i'm honest.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Creating your own games right at the end of that video looks bloody fantastic. Was Forza 4 like this btw? I n particular I mean did it have a campaign like that as its very VERY different. Reminds me of GTA Online if i'm honest.

It's pretty much the same game but in a different setting and now with their version of ray tracing. Change Britain for Mexico. Some don't like the how you do the campaign but it's pretty straightforward.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

You basically have a load of pre-determined events to work through in what is a bit of a cheesy and childish format and you unlock credits and cars galore. It's pretty easy and you get to see all the races, cars and land available but for most, the 'endgame' is where you can just have fun with what you've earned. I must admit the work that goes into the campaign is pretty impressive though and there are some spectacular races.

If we had enough people buying an xbox i'd love to look into it one day but whilst it looks amazing and its not enough to buy a new series X for me!

23 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

If we had enough people buying an xbox i'd love to look into it one day but whilst it looks amazing and its not enough to buy a new series X for me!

It's available on Steam

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1623945944
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Limitless driving fun in an ever-evolving open world.

Along with the Windows Store and I think it's on Game Pass Ultimate for PC and Xbox too. This includes full crossplay also. 

As this comes out tomorrow, who will be playing it?

I enjoyed FH4 but the one issue I had was the amount of cars and money it gives you.  As a couple hours in you have more money than you need as well as super and special cars out the wazoo.  This one seems similar so rather than buy it picked up the game pass offer of £1 for 3 months as should be enough for me (especially with other games coming out soon too).  However I shall definitely be dedicating some time to it tomorrow night.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

3 hours ago, Greboth said:

As this comes out tomorrow, who will be playing it?

I enjoyed FH4 but the one issue I had was the amount of cars and money it gives you.  As a couple hours in you have more money than you need as well as super and special cars out the wazoo.  This one seems similar so rather than buy it picked up the game pass offer of £1 for 3 months as should be enough for me (especially with other games coming out soon too).  However I shall definitely be dedicating some time to it tomorrow night.

I'm getting the game pass and Forza is one game I've never tried but one game i saw that I'd like to. It's also one way to expand the type of games I try for very little outlay.

13 hours ago, Greboth said:

I enjoyed FH4 but the one issue I had was the amount of cars and money it gives you. 

Yeah, I had 3 and 4 and within one hour you literally have 50 cars and enough money to buy everything. It's a real shame really because if there was a challenge there, it would be a very rewarding and satisfying game. You could literally win races just driving on grass and hitting every obstacle that came your way. It's one of the most polished and well-presented series's out there but I wish they didn't make it so easy. 

I had a couple of hours on it yesterday. Very much the same as FH4 but the driving feels a little easier. I have traction control off and no stability assist and it's a dream in any car. 

I much prefer the location and no more stone walls lining the roads is a plus over the last game.

I have about 10 cars so far.

So yeah much the same as before but slightly better 🙂

Though there is one weird glitch, twice in my time playing my car just stopped for no apparent reason.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

"Very much the same as FH4" is how I'd describe it too.  It's fun and I'll be playing it more but certainly not a long term game for me.

I am having a blast going everywhere in the Rockstar pro truck, it wasn't that great as standard but 4wd and 1700hp means you can pretty much go from and to any location in a straight line 😄  Though I think I might have a new favourite since I found someone made the paintjob so I tuned it accordingly and made Binky 😄

2021422767_ForzaBinky.thumb.jpg.b71d21ee01271163311300c888e10bae.jpg

Some of the bugs are annoying, like having you car instantly stop especially as it ends your skill chain and cost me a 150,000 x 10 last night 😞 

I’m also finding the challenges really inconsistent.  I did one last night where I got 3 stars with almost a minute spare. Yet another took numerous attempts to just about squeeze under by a few tenths.  Others, like the photography one in the Vocho quest, I’ve just given up and accepted 2 stars.  Though I’ve sinced looked up the Vocho one and it seems there’s 1 route that works and only if you get it perfect; turn off the road earlier or later and you won’t make it.

As much as I’ve moaned about the game giving you loads of cars and money, it seems to be holding my attention better than FH4 did even though, outside of the map, there really isn’t any difference.  It’s quite a relaxing game and fun hooning about across the countryside.

This and Halo are forming the view to ask Santa nicely for an Xbox soon. The reviews i've seen are great, and it looks like such a fun and chilled experience with so much to do. I'm really enjoying driving games lately with the likes of Gran Turismo, Wreckfest and Hot Wheels but feel Forza could make me stop playing all 3 until GT7 pops along. How many cars are in the total game?

@GazzaGarratt On second thoughts, I feel I should clarify also that ‘cars’ isn’t the right word, ‘vehicles’ is more accurate.  As yes there are cars but there are also buggies, trophy trucks and a few lorrys too.

Also the Halo warthog which is great fun to drive as I have the Halo musical horn too 😄 

On 11/16/2021 at 2:55 PM, Greboth said:

@GazzaGarratt On second thoughts, I feel I should clarify also that ‘cars’ isn’t the right word, ‘vehicles’ is more accurate.  As yes there are cars but there are also buggies, trophy trucks and a few lorrys too.

Also the Halo warthog which is great fun to drive as I have the Halo musical horn too 😄 

The Rivals feature is cool, not sure I was in the right car set up for it but I'll be back to better my time 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Any of you guys know what the next 2 DLCs are?

I was checking the Xbox sales at the moment (Lunar Year), passed by the premium content and saw the game will be having 2 DLCs soon. I wonder if these are new maps, or new activities which are still within Mexico.

Played this a lot but got bummed out a little after I completed all events. Fantastic game. Very casual and chill. I just didn't find the urge to go through the smaller activities anymore.

My regret for stopping is I was unable to attain the Mercedes flagship car in the trailers. It looks so awesome @_@