Battlefield 2042 Gameplay Reveal

J4MES OX4D

Looks great. Really can't wait for this.

I really hope this makes COD struggles this year. Not because I want COD to die but because Activision need something to happen so they change tact.

fart.gif

Here's a good trailer breakdown for anything you may have missed

I do think there are a lot of low quality textures in places so I'm hoping that's down to it allegedly being 'pre-alpha footage' rather than a technical sacrifice. Also not sure why they make these trailers so spectacularly exhausting as it's not true enough to the core gameplay. I'll have to wait for the proper gameplay to make a judgement but I'm feeling quite positive about it. We need a grand shooter over these no-ambition flavour of the month battle royale games.

The thing is, this Battlefield going back to what it's good at. BF1 and BFV just can't compete as they don't have all the modern tech that makes the game so much fun.

I see they're going to do the usual and those who buy the premium versions will get on a week before everyone else. So I'm just hoping if they have any net code issues they're fixed by the time I get on it. I'm genuinely looking forward to it, probably more than any other game of 2021.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

24 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Are we talking PS or PC boys?

The majority will be PS I imagine. PC all the way for me.

If you don't get it on PC we'll be around to confiscate your GPU👍😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

A lot of gameplay with vehicles and such like, so not much to go by on how the actual gunplay looks but I am intrrigued to see where this one goes.

11 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

The majority will be PS I imagine.

I mean, pretty much this Dave @Plumbers Crack . A game like this is made to play with groups of people so i'd rather be on that platform than enjoy an extra few frames! 😁

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

35 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Are we talking PS or PC boys?

Although I have a PS5, I'll be getting this on PC because it'll likely have much more server options and better performance scope. Battlefield with a keyboard and mouse also feels sublime. 

12 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

A lot of gameplay with vehicles and such like, so not much to go by on how the actual gunplay looks but I am intrrigued to see where this one goes.

I mean, pretty much this Dave @Plumbers Crack . A game like this is made to play with groups of people so i'd rather be on that platform than enjoy an extra few frames! 😁

It's more than "an extra few frames" Mr I'm afraid of the keyboard.

Crossplay and Discord overcome the other one👍

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I’ll be going for PS, I know PC will be better but trying Overwatch on PC a couple years ago only further confirmed that I am awful with a mouse+kb.  I know I could practise and get better but I’d rather just have a fun even it comes at the price of worse graphics.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

I took me a while to get to grips with kb + m but now I hate playing shooters with a controller.

Also note that you can use controllers on PC these days. Steam even accepts the PS controller now.

But yeah, I think on PC, from this community I've only ever played BF with @Diddums so it's definitely going to be a PS game for most of the regulars. 

PC for me though, so turn on crossplay 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

4 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I took me a while to get to grips with kb + m but now I hate playing shooters with a controller.

Also note that you can use controllers on PC these days. Steam even accepts the PS controller now.

But yeah, I think on PC, from this community I've only ever played BF with @Diddums so it's definitely going to be a PS game for most of the regulars. 

Starting pinging me directly on Discord, goober, I am always around.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

22 hours ago, phil bottle said:

You'll get it for both, you know you can't be missing out on our private games...it'll probably be silly enough to lockout crossplay for that type of stuff like other games have.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

3 hours ago, MrBiron said:

Lots of new info here. Looks like if you if PS4 & PS5 want to play together then you have to turn off crossplay. I'll probably turn off crossplay with PC anyway. Fuck those cheating nerds!

Battlefield is one of the cleanest games out there especially on high-end and high capacity protected dedicated servers on PC. It's by far the most spectacular multiplayer experiences available. The only reason I wouldn't crossplay is due keyboard/mouse vs gamepad plus there are way too many cheaters on console now after Warzone and Apex running hardware cheats which could bypass any server-side AC's. 

Cheating could very well be a bigger problem on console now and there's no way it can be combated and most of the time it has gone unnoticed and undetected. The old PS4/XB1 gen cannot crossplay with the PS5/XBSX either. 

20 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

The old PS4/XB1 gen cannot crossplay with the PS5/XBSX either. 

I actually thought I'd read they can but it seems they can't. Kinda sucks really. Considering some of my friends don't have new gen consoles it's a bit of a bummer.

fart.gif

Just now, MrBiron said:

I actually thought I'd read they can but it seems they can't. Kinda sucks really. Considering some of my friends don't have new gen consoles it's a bit of a bummer.

Yeah the old gen is basically stuck with 32v32 on watered-down maps. Although not much has been said, it seems like it'll be a hugely inferior experience.