Euro 2020

J4MES OX4D

31 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Great result for Wales and great game to watch. Don't know what's up with Turkey but the class of Bale and Ramsey has seen the Welsh dragon possibly through to the next round.

They were superb and much improved over the first game. Ramsay could've had 3 in the first half, Bale missed a penalty and there were a couple of earlier breakaway chances to kill off the game. Glad they finally sealed it and shocked at how lackluster Turkey have been in both games so far. 

I read somewhere that after Ronaldo removed the coke bottles from his press conference and told everyone to drink water, Coca-Cola lost a few billion off it's share price.

It does make you laugh when you see these big sporting events being sponsored by such unhealthy beverages. Like McDonald's sponsoring the Olympics.

Totally irrational 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

6 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I read somewhere that after Ronaldo removed the coke bottles from his press conference and told everyone to drink water, Coca-Cola lost a few billion off it's share price.

It does make you laugh when you see these big sporting events being sponsored by such unhealthy beverages. Like McDonald's sponsoring the Olympics.

Totally irrational 😁

It's like old Champions League games where they were sponsored by Heineken but the beer itself along with all other forms of alcohol were banned in the grounds by UEFA😂

Also reminds me of the irony with all these betting sponsors popping up where they say - 'for every £100 you bet a week, we'll give you £10 back but remember to bet wisely and safely'

1 minute ago, J4MES OX4D said:

It's like old Champions League games where they were sponsored by Heineken but the beer itself along with all other forms of alcohol were banned in the grounds by UEFA😂

Also reminds me of the irony with all these betting sponsors popping up where they say - 'for every £100 you bet a week, we'll give you £10 back but remember to bet wisely and safely'

So true 🤣

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

One rule for me but not for thee

skynews-wembley-euro-2020-england_541419
NEWS.SKY.COM

Any move to exempt politicians and sponsors would prompt a backlash - with many Britons unable to book a foreign summer holiday.

Italy yet again looking good as they demolished Switzerland the other night. Super glad I chose their keeper and Chiellini at the back on my dream team 😁

Shame Denmark just didn't have enough to get past Belgium. They started in ridiculous fashion and made Belgium look extremely ordinary for quite alot of the first half until the class was shown through De Bruyne and Lukaku.

Whilst people think Holland aren't showing much just yet, they've still picked up 2 wins so you always have to be weary of teams picking up results whilst their performances haven't been fully up there yet.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Shame Denmark just didn't have enough to get past Belgium. They started in ridiculous fashion and made Belgium look extremely ordinary for quite alot of the first half until the class was shown through De Bruyne and Lukaku

After Denmark failed to grab that decisive second goal, Belgium were always going to win. It should've been 3-0 by half-time and the visitors really got let off the hook. De Bruyne, Hazard and Lukaku are critical to that team and they are horrendous in defence. Despite two wins, I'm really struggling to see how they are ranked number one in the world. 

Worst England performance I have ever seen at a major competition tonight and even worse than Iceland 2016 by virtue of our squad and expectations. We were so sluggish and lethargic on and off the ball and were completely out of ideas all over the pitch. Phillips was horrendous From start to finish , Kane doesn’t look match fit and Rice offers no creativity or strength. The ball is a hot potato every time Sterling is in possession and Foden barely has any help. Grealish and Rashford put on way too late.

Tripper, Maguire and even a Walker need a recall irrespective of fitness, Phillips needs outing and Kane should probably be dropped if he’s not going to be supported. Scotland played well tonight and probably could’ve earned a deserved win but the match was of absolute dire quality - even worse than the League 2 playoff final. 

Southgate has had it very lucky in his time as England manager having not faced many big sides if any really, so when he fails so miserably in winnable games on the big stage, his credibility will fall under even greater scrutiny. He got it wrong badly tonight and could not even turn the tide with many options available or motivate the team to change attitude. 

Big changes needed for Tuesday. Failure to win the group would be humiliating.

My team to face Czech Republic:-

Pickford

Walker     Stones     Maguire     Trippier

Foden     Henderson    Grealish

Mount

Rashford     Calvert-Lewin

Kane, Sterling, Rice, Shaw and Phillips dropped. 

This summed it up nicely

Its funny how very quickly English fans will turn. I've got so much on my mind to say on the matter but I'm in a very small minority when it comes to England. Totallyin agreement we underperformed but to say Southgate Out and we were absolutely awful is a little too far in my book. It was more lacklustre than anything. Scotland played and celebrated it like it was their World Cup Final - and it was a 0-0 draw.

Don't overthink it. Its a competition in the early stages and we have 4 points, undefeated with 2 clean sheets.

I think if I worte this before yesterday's results i'd have slammed but arguably just goes to show. France, the world beating favourites? Draw with one of the worst teams in the tournament? Sounds familiar. Followed by Portugal surely are going to dominate with the best talented team of names ever versus the 'hasbeen' Germans....yeah, okay.

Italy have been the best based on performance and results. I think everyone else, including England are all in the mix. I'd rather us underperform in a group game than a knockout game. Let's keep the faith as its a cracking tournament so far.

Its funny how very quickly English fans will turn. I've got so much on my mind to say on the matter but I'm in a very small minority when it comes to England. Totallyin agreement we underperformed but to say Southgate Out and we were absolutely awful is a little too far in my book. It was more lacklustre than anything. Scotland played and celebrated it like it was their World Cup Final - and it was a 0-0 draw.

Don't overthink it. Its a competition in the early stages and we have 4 points, undefeated with 2 clean sheets.

I think if I worte this before yesterday's results i'd have slammed but arguably just goes to show. France, the world beating favourites? Draw with one of the worst teams in the tournament? Sounds familiar. Followed by Portugal surely are going to dominate with the best talented team of names ever versus the 'hasbeen' Germans....yeah, okay.

Italy have been the best based on performance and results. I think everyone else, including England are all in the mix. I'd rather us underperform in a group game than a knockout game. Let's keep the faith as its a cracking tournament so far.

Football fans, fickle? I won't hear a word of it🤗

I haven't seen any calls to get rid of Southgate but it doesn't surprise me, the England team always gets built up and it's always unrealistic. There's a lot of good teams and anyone can beat anyone on a given day. And then when the pedestal gets kicked away because the team don’t win every game convincingly, people feel cheated. A lot of people lose perspective and then behave like children. It's always the same. The 1990 semi final team, you should have seen what they said about Bobby Robson during the group stages. Disgusting.

Also. How many times have we heard in these tournaments the media say English players don't have the same technical ability as blah blah blah it's all bullshit designed to provoke an emotional response. I never listen to it. It just winds people up and now they wind themselves up online arguing instead of getting behind their team. 

I won't mention the booing of players before the game as that's another kettle of fish.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

15 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Despite a sending off and Gareth Bale missing a sitter the Welsh dragon is through to the next round 🙂

Essentially anyone with 4 points after 2 games is through but they didn't too badly against the second string Italian side. Italy are showing everyone how to perform so far, that's for sure.

So, whatever the result tonight, England are already through, so slightly less pressure.

It's possible a fixture against a team from group of death F is possible but then again we all remember Iceland, so drawing a seemingly easier team isn't necessarily a better option.

A replacement for Mount has been forced on Gareth and I'd drop Sterling too, to see what someone else can offer in that position. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Decent enough win and performance from England tonight and it was nice to see Jack start along with Saka. We started well but rapidly fell flat and out of ideas as the game progressed but managed to see it out fairly comfortably. We've lined up a potentially tough draw with the group of death but in all honesty, that's probably what we need. 

22 hours ago, phil bottle said:

A replacement for Mount has been forced on Gareth and I'd drop Sterling too, to see what someone else can offer in that position. 

Luckily he didn't but clearly he knew you mentioned it so he decided to score just cos innit 😜

11 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Decent enough win and performance from England tonight and it was nice to see Jack start along with Saka. We started well but rapidly fell flat and out of ideas as the game progressed but managed to see it out fairly comfortably. We've lined up a potentially tough draw with the group of death but in all honesty, that's probably what we need. 

I think it was a really solid performance. I could see people really wanted to have a go because at times it probably wasn't as exciting as people wanted it to be, but lets face it, who cares if were winning! 3 clean sheets against the supposedly 'weak link' in our team and it sets us up nicely to face one of the big ones which we need to beat anyway so lets face them now....or you never know, might spidey senses are thinking France and Hungary could win tonight and then we'd be playing Hungary! 😄

Saka and Grealish were great. Kane on a pitch that wasn't rain-sodden was much more composed and unlucky not to get his goal but you can see the patterns they do really do make us very assured. Whilst others hate we slow it down, clearly we like to reset and play out through the back. It showed last night that even though Mings hasn't put a foot wrong, Maguire definitely does give more stature in there as he also can drive with the ball forward which i'm a fan of.

Typically went footy training and the best night of football so far! I actually always felt like Hungary and France could nick the wins, and for most of the night it seems like that was the case. I think its a great draw for us. Let's face it, we needed to meet a big gun at an early stage at a tournament at some point so why not now. The draw also has opened up for us so I think if people get behind the team we have a super chance and beating ze Germans.

Tactically, we look very solid so we should take that positivity into the game and give them a bloody good game. I've said it online but no so far on here but I am adamant that Gareth Southgate is the best manager we've had since Bobby Robson but even a close second to Alf Ramsay. I don't think people will understand this until 10-20 years have passed but he is essentially suited to International football. He does things that go against our thinking as English fans but its paid off time and time and time again. For once, we should praise his ability to be different and make England something different to try and win tournaments.

Tactically, we look very solid so we should take that positivity into the game and give them a bloody good game. I've said it online but no so far on here but I am adamant that Gareth Southgate is the best manager we've had since Bobby Robson but even a close second to Alf Ramsay. I don't think people will understand this until 10-20 years have passed but he is essentially suited to International football. He does things that go against our thinking as English fans but its paid off time and time and time again. For once, we should praise his ability to be different and make England something different to try and win tournaments.

Sam Allardyce is the best England manager ever as he has a 100% record😎

For all the games Southgate has managed and despite getting through to the World Cup Semi Final, I still find it incredibly hard to judge his ability at this level. H's had it very fortunate fixture-wise and when he has rarely come up against a top ranked team, we've lost. Germany will be a massive test of his managerial quality and this is where he needs to prove himself. Prior to that, I don't think England have had a good or appropriate manager since the 90's. If we can get past Germany it will be a massive confidence boost in him and the squad and then we have a great opportunity of reaching the final with the route we've been given. If we lose on Tuesday then I think questions may have to be asked.