Euro 2020

J4MES OX4D

Turkey 0-3 Italy 

The Italians look very impressive - slick passing, relentless pressing and a strong work rate right to the very end. Mancini has certainly done wonders in turning them around after they failed to qualify for the last World Cup. 

If i'm honest yesterday I was in a complete daze with all that went on. My first covid jab wouldn't have helped but it was more watching this unfold live just made the whole world stand still for it felt like hours.

Myself and Hayley were watching, like we always try to with every match in a major competition, and we were pleading at the TV with tears that he would show any signs of movement. Moments like this make you all forget everything else in life and hope and believe that all your family, friends and teammates are safe and well. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, especially having your husband and father on live TV with your wife coming to try and see if all is well on the pitch.

I checked in with a lot of people yesterday and the same goes for here. I hope you're all okay and lets hope no other player has to go through that ever again ❤️

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

England 1-0 Croatia 

Hard fought and deserved win in the end. Started really brightly for the first 15, then went of the boil right up til half-time. Came out better second half and took our first significant chance since Foden hit the post early on. Managed the game well after that in some pretty tough conditions. I was a bit weary about the lineup and we did look a bit shaky at the back at times but it did come together and I thought Philips had a superb game. The first time we've ever won an opening game in the Euros! 

Very professional job today. Looked in control all game and when Croatia tried to turn the pressure, it was dealt with. 

England looked strong and comfortable on the ball.

Mings actually looks good at the back, Phillips was immense.

Need to find a way of getting Kane more involved, he's being wasted.

Great start all round.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Personally it was a near perfect game given the 28 degrees heat and the first game of the Euros is always, not to mention it was against the World Cup finalists. They looked composed and it was more a case of England containing Croatia and making them look poor rather than Croatia being poor themselves. We took control when we wanted to and let off the pedal to get the right breathers in.

If all that bothered us was a 30 yard shot from Modric at 20mph then I think you can say that was a huge job well done.

17 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Need to find a way of getting Kane more involved, he's being wasted.

He might've not been in the game much but he still did the things we needed him for in the game. He put Sterling through early doors for a great chance, he held the ball up and drew in fouls a few times yet again (one of the best at doing that) and he had that great chance, albeit he had to stretch for it late on in the second half. They'll definitely be other games where he'll be more pivotal but today was more about that midfield breaking the game up and the defence looking very assured.

I wasn't much of a fan in the early days for Kalvin Phillips but even I can admit that was Leeds hate fuelling it - he has a very humble side to him and he is very composed on the ball, as was Rice when we needed someone to tuck in the hole to nab the ball back.

Great start, was ace to watch and let's hope we can keep the momentum building.

Holland vs Ukraine was a belter last night! Not sure how the Dutch salvaged 3 points from it, the Ukraine keeper was immense in the first half. Such a shame they couldn't get a point. Ukraine looked very dangerous on counter attacks.

Scotland 0-2 Czech Republic

This was a tough game to call prior and I think a lot of people fancied the Scots under the circumstances but despite creating a few good chances, they were soundly beaten. The second goal from the halfway line was remarkable but I don't know what the keeper was doing. Scotland could've got back into the game but their finishing was incredibly weak and the Czechs held on comfortably in the end. 

What a goal

Scotland were a bit unlucky, we created a few good attempts in the second half. Had good spells of possession, but sadly couldn't do much with it.

Czechs looked comfortable and I don't deny them the win. It's just disappointing after a 23 year wait to a major tournament.

Their goalie made a couple of good saves and we hit the bar at one point. I liked that we tried and gave an effort to get back into it.

We really needed something tho, a point would of been nice.

Sadly in my opinion, Czech were our best hope of points. I believe Croatia and England are stronger teams. At least we made it to the tournament, it's great to be a part of it for a change. 🙃

What an absolute twat

0017212d-1600.jpg
WWW.RTE.IE

UEFA has confirmed that "several people" are being treated in the hospital for injuries caused by a protester who parachuted into the stadium before France's victory over Germany in their Euro 2020...

On 6/14/2021 at 4:32 PM, IRaMPaGe said:

Scotland were a bit unlucky, we created a few good attempts in the second half. Had good spells of possession, but sadly couldn't do much with it.

I'd agree with you there Kenny, it didn't feel like I was watching them losing 2-0 but a magical goal like James says above kind of killed the momentum you built up. I definitely think Friday's game will be a toughie!

Some great games in this tournament so far. Hungary played immense with that huge crowd behind them but couldn't hold on in the final stages against Portugal. France vs Germany was another top one to watch. Mbappe absolutely destroyed Hummels at one stage but then his last ditch tackle was simply superb. I really can't see who is going to finish second yet. Germany weren't push overs and should give Portugal a great game.

I agree, Scotland could have had a few goals themselves and are not pushover by any means.

France v Germany was a weird game with neither side on top form. Could have gone either way once Germany started to respond. Still, an enjoyable watch for the neutral.

Not a bad game yet in this tournament.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg