Elden Ring

1 minute ago, Venom said:

Dual wielding curved great swords. (Blood hound fang, Maga Wrym one)

No shield even. Metal! 

I was so excited the first time I beat her first phase, then instantly got erased by her rot explosion. 😂 

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

I just killed the dragon in Lake Agheel last night.  I was surprised how easy it was.  Never the less, I am loving this game!  I'm about halfway through Stormveil Castle so I may finish that up tonight before the rest of my week is shot to shit.  Lol!  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Alright!  Finally killed Godrick after messing around and exploring Limgrave for the better part of 20+ hours.  Stormveil Castle was fun running through for the most part.  I'm heading into Lunaria of The Lakes now.  Right off the top, I HATE those massive lobsters that stun lock you with that fucking spit attack.  !@#$

I'll never touch another From Software game again. 

I played Bloodborne for a bit and hated it. I sucked absolute donkeyballs at it which of course is no indication of my skill but rather that it's a shit game. 

I'm far too stupid for these things 😞

The Let Me Solo Her story was absolutely fantastic though.

banlol.png

6 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

How different are people finding Elden Ring to Bloodborne in terms of mechanics?

Jumping adds so much to combat.  At least I find it does.  Everything about Elden Ring just seems so much more polished compared to other From Software games. 

15 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

Jumping adds so much to combat.  At least I find it does.  Everything about Elden Ring just seems so much more polished compared to other From Software games. 

I totally agree. I main as an 80 STR two handed Tarnished and jumping heavy has always been my business, from mobs to bosses. Pair that with the claw talisman then buff it up with a War Cry and it's a pretty solid tactic through and through.

And high again Forever Gaming peeps! I'm sorry it's been a while XD

So much has happened from just wanting this game to actually playing it. I'm now 100 hours in haha.

Anyone had trouble with the paintings? It's one of the things in ER that I really use a guide on. Just throwing this in to contribute:

finding-foot.png
TRENDINGNEWSWALA.ONLINE

The best Elden Ring armor and weapons are often hidden behind cryptic messages and secrets. Learn more about the paintings in the...

I've found 2 paintings so far.  No clue as to what they're for.  I keep getting side tracked with new discoveries rather then trudging through the critical path.  Not necessarily a bad thing of course.   Lol

13 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

I've found 2 paintings so far.  No clue as to what they're for.  I keep getting side tracked with new discoveries rather then trudging through the critical path.  Not necessarily a bad thing of course.   Lol

I can think of the location of two paintings as well.  One of them I know for sure you can walk up to and examine or whatever and it leads to a small quest/item.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

On 5/1/2022 at 8:04 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

How different are people finding Elden Ring to Bloodborne in terms of mechanics?

I played a little Dark Souls and Bloodborne, they were alright.  I could see why people liked them but they never clicked with me.  I'm totally addicted to Elden Ring.  It's one of the best games I've ever played TBH.  The mechanics are miles ahead in my opinion.  That's one of the reasons I didn't like the earlier games, they felt clunky to me.  Elden Ring is smooth.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

From Software should put this in an official game guide.  Well done @Leeesh13

Ok, progress update.  I've beaten Rennala in the academy.  Afterward, I decided to do a few things.  One, I renewed Godricks great rune so I now have the power!!!!!  

Two.  I decided to go back and explore the weeping peninsula, as I completely ignored this spot during my initial Limgrave exploration.  I've basically done everything there, but killed the Deathbird.  

Making some progress.  Love this game!

I finally managed to finish Caria Manor the other night.  I haven't had a lot of time to play as of late due to work and other fun.  I now have my eyes set on Starscourge Radhan.

And Radahn is dead!  I think that was the most fun I've had with a boss battle so far in this game.  Great encounter!

On 5/1/2022 at 8:12 PM, Riff Machine said:

I was going through older posts and I came across this. And thought, you know what, jumping was indeed a simple but major contribution to the game that made FromSoftware casuals like me have a fighting chance with the game. It really adds so much.

This video should be proof (shamelessly sharing my Malenia boss fight clip here)

POTENTIAL SPOILER though for people who do not want to see Malenia or some minor dialogue from her.

It's such an awesome way to close the gap then follow it up with 2-3 hits. Plus if you're locked on to the enemy and the enemy is attacking, there's a tendency for the camera to spin, you're still locked on and you would most likely hit, but the enemy will miss since the camera/view has already spun.

Anyway, I love this game a lot. It's my first proper Souls game and granted I am overleveled at this point (165 IIRC?) and I'm using an OP summon, I still enjoyed it immensely and thought it was a challenge 😄

DLC incoming.  It looks mostly PvP based, but if it's what you're wanting, then YAY!!

71937f3b110a12c040e908b9e0d45004.jpg
KOTAKU.COM

Days before The Game Awards, FromSoftware has finally dropped the long-awaited DLC announcement

It had top have one. Looking at some of your experiences about how big the open world is it would've been a shame not to utilise some of it and expand further. When's it coming out?

On 3/1/2023 at 7:10 PM, Riff Machine said:

I have to get back to this game.  

Have you played it all since you first started then took a break?  It's seriously amazing!  You've got to get back to it!