Elden Ring

11 hours ago, JungleHeart said:

I pre-ordered my copy a few months ago and forgot it's almost release day for this haha. Never played any of the Souls games, this is going to be my first git gud game (there were others but I think this is the real deal).

Sooo excited!!!

Get ready to enjoy hitting your head against a brickwall! 😄 Bloodborne was created in the same way and that was rough at times for me, especially as I missed the Dark Souls games too. I think if you can stick at it and find a pattern to play it then you'll get some fun out of it for sure. My only concern is that I used to get lost on a reasonably linear Bloodborne, so an open world Elden Ring might be all over the place to start with 😅

I recommend that people don't buy the digital edition and opt for a physical one instead - for £50, you get a nice package which is rare these days. Usually you'll get a disc and that's it. 

91mTFnND+hL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This package is available at Amazon, Argos, Game, Curry's etc...

On 2/3/2022 at 9:57 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

I recommend that people don't buy the digital edition and opt for a physical one instead - for £50, you get a nice package which is rare these days. Usually you'll get a disc and that's it. 

91mTFnND+hL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I mean, you didn't have convince me to get a physical copy....😎 But, you're totally right. More people should look into the physical versions as they can miss some cool packages on release.

Haven't watched this all yet but some very promising things said

I quite like the point about this feeling like an adventure rather than just an open world game. This is something missing from so many games these days with the likes of Assassin's Creed being a prime culprit. The original Dark Souls was a remarkable journey through incredible places and you never knew what you were walking into whereas many open world games these days have so many copy and pasted assets plus with maps laden with icons and waypoints, there's no sense of discovery. If something isn't on a map then you know the place isn't worth visiting. Elden Ring seems to have that unique design framework that has just become lost in this industry. 

On 2/2/2022 at 9:47 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

Get ready to enjoy hitting your head against a brickwall! 😄 Bloodborne was created in the same way and that was rough at times for me, especially as I missed the Dark Souls games too. I think if you can stick at it and find a pattern to play it then you'll get some fun out of it for sure. My only concern is that I used to get lost on a reasonably linear Bloodborne, so an open world Elden Ring might be all over the place to start with 😅

Hahaha I have a feeling this will be the case. I realized Elden Ring isn't really my first "Souls" kind of game. I played and finished Fallen Order which the world wide web seem to think is a bit of a Souls game, and much earlier before, Lords of the Fallen (which I played as a PS Plus on my old PS4) but regardless, I don't think they're the full Souls experience.

You're right, the challenge is hard enough on a linear game, more so that ER is open world (I've heard of this too). I'm so intimidated but at the same time, excited that I will be most likely cursing myself through the game and dying so many times haha. 😅

I will let you guys know in this thread how things go, it's almost around the corner!

On 2/3/2022 at 5:57 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

Is that an art book or steelcase in front of the PS5 case? But damnnn for the same retail asking price, that's a lot of bonuses.

I totally agree with getting physicals as much as possible. I never get digital editions of games I like to play and have. Tales of Arise wasn't available from where I am and I had to borrow a friend's courier service account just to get a physical copy from Amazon. Totally worth it.

Glad they at least have Elden Ring here.

3 hours ago, JungleHeart said:

Is that an art book or steelcase in front of the PS5 case? But damnnn for the same retail asking price, that's a lot of bonuses.

I totally agree with getting physicals as much as possible. I never get digital editions of games I like to play and have. Tales of Arise wasn't available from where I am and I had to borrow a friend's courier service account just to get a physical copy from Amazon. Totally worth it.

Glad they at least have Elden Ring here.

I think it's just the posted folded up sadly! Bit misleading but doesn't really matter too much. No steel case either it seems - just a card sleeve that goes over the standard box and the other extras. Not a bad package at all really.

The collectors edition does have the steel case though but that's around the £200 mark. Art book looks great!

ER_Beautyshot_CE_PS5.jpg

5 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I think it's just the posted folded up sadly! Bit misleading but doesn't really matter too much. No steel case either it seems - just a card sleeve that goes over the standard box and the other extras. Not a bad package at all really.

The collectors edition does have the steel case though but that's around the £200 mark. Art book looks great!

ER_Beautyshot_CE_PS5.jpg

Man that’s tempting, not gonna lie. Probably not worth the post purchase argument though.  

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

On 2/14/2022 at 6:30 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

Yeah... I would probably give the poster a pass too. But steel case or art book, count me in though £200 is pretty heavy! I'm always a sucker for art books included in special editions.

Wish we had these editions, at the very least, the one you first showed. I'm hoping for a pleasant surprise that my pre-order has at least those art cards but whatever happens, I'm happy just to get the physical. Just 2 weeks more!!!

Having finally gotten over my Dark Souls hump, I'll probably pick this up at some point.  It all seems to be a culmination of everything FS has learned/done with their previous games and rolled it into one big party.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

23 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Superb overview. One thing that always gets overlooked is the joining of other members. Bloodborne didn't quite get that right in my opinion. It would be amazing to explore and seamlessly go into Dungeons as a group. Looked like 3 in the trailer but interested to know what the max party size is if anyone knows?

So many good games releasing so close together..  Decisions, decisions..

This should get GoTY easily unless a new Halo comes out in the last 2 weeks of ‘22.

It'll be an interesting race.  I honestly think this should get it though.  Horizon (Which is really friggin good) and GoW are both sequels that are "more of the same."  At least with this, it's a new spin on the souls genre with the open world and G.R.R. Martin collaboration.  If anything, I think that will give this one an advantage in the long run.