Elden Ring

Looks pretty special. I'd probably be absolutely shite at it seeing how the fights are 😅 The enemies look brilliantly unique.

Some new info on Elden Ring for my fellow Soulsborne fans. 

elden-ring-blogroll-1630024709388.jpg?wi
WWW.IGN.COM

After a 15 minute hands-off gameplay session, we finally know a bit of what to expect from From Software’s latest...

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

And just as you put this out @J4MES OX4D , a delay was immediately tweeted! 🤣

Feb 25th seems not far away anyway so we'll see what it brings!

Also - Closed Beta link on the Tweet below. Some of us may get lucky which would be a nice early Xmas present 😄

Looks incredible and the fact its a huge open world is even more impressive. This has Game of the Year written all over it.

I managed to get a Closed Alpha code!! Gonna hopefully make one of the sessions across the next 5 days.

Did anyone else get an email??!

I played an hour or so of the Network Test and it definitely is the real deal.

Considering they made Bloodborne, its not surprising where most of the stuff has come from in the game, but they've added that 'world' feel to it rather than a small and, in some places, linear feel that Bloodborne has. I can see it being super frustrating, annoying, head bangingly crucifying due to the type of game it is - but it already feels like its way worth the money for a full AAA PS5 game.

I think a basic tutorial on how the game works with controls would help when its released but let's face it, if you don't touch games like Dark Souls and Bloodborne then I guess you won't touch this. I'm not sure how much story will come clear as thats the only part i'd say doesn't feel to make much sense at all. However, that kind of pushes you forward to explore places, like caves and take on mystical enemies lurking on the World Map to see if it gives you any more insight into the world you've been dropped in.

Character choice too is way more than I expected too. I think after the game comes out, I think they'll be in depth guides on how each build works with different playstyles. I picked the Magic Knight one which means you have a Health and Magic bar to work with, similar to what Final Fantasy was like.

Looks to be a really interesting multiplayer mechanic too and i'm hoping that means you can summon quite a large group of people to help defeat large swarms of enemies. Let's just hope it makes it easier to understand than Bloodborne's version of co-operatively play!

All in all, if this isn't on your 2022 list, then have a word with yourself. And if you don't know much about how this will play through? Then plenty of time to go and buy Bloodborne right now - its only £13.50 on Amazon.

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

All in all, if this isn't on your 2022 list, then have a word with yourself. And if you don't know much about how this will play through? Then plenty of time to go and buy Bloodborne right now - its only £13.50 on Amazon.

I think Bloodborne is free on PS plus in the free classics section.

Did you ever get around to Demon Souls? That would be my first port of call and I'll be buying it myself if it goes on sale ever.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

19 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Did you ever get around to Demon Souls? That would be my first port of call and I'll be buying it myself if it goes on sale ever.

Demon Souls was my first PS5 game and it is technically impressive although the combat lacks punch and I didn't like the gold/green hue that it sometimes used outside of the brick grey. Definitely worth trying though as it's a spectacularly smooth experience compared to other Souls games.  I gave up waiting for a Bloodborne upgrade and just played it on my PS5 and although the framerate is nasty, it wasn't quite as dippy as playing it on PS4. Those minute sub-30 drops gave me some nauseating headaches but in the 25 hours I played it on PS5, it seemed marginally more bearable. 

Elden Ring is definitely a spiritual successor to Dark Souls 3 with some nice DS2 mechanics coming back plus with the game going for a BOTW landscape approach, it could work out really well. I was a bit iffy about it being open world as opposed to something semi-linear but it looks like they've done it just right. 

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Good to know its free, even better for people here!

And no, not tried Demon Souls before. Thought about it but like you, was waiting for a sale due to it being a port.

An amazing new story trailer released at The Game Awards yesterday

@Jason  I feel like this your Destiny 🤣

I pre-ordered my copy a few months ago and forgot it's almost release day for this haha. Never played any of the Souls games, this is going to be my first git gud game (there were others but I think this is the real deal).

Sooo excited!!!