Battlefield live reveal

phil bottle

13 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

They just can't top BF4, it's wild. The reveal just made everyone load up BF4 again hahahah

So true. Once they sorted the issues and specifically the net code, which did take quite a while, BF4 was probably the finest shooter of its time. Not surprised people still play many years later. I'd still play it if anyone else in FG did. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

13 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

So true. Once they sorted the issues and specifically the net code, which did take quite a while, BF4 was probably the finest shooter of its time. Not surprised people still play many years later. I'd still play it if anyone else in FG did. 

I reckon it took them about 18 months to iron out everything. The netcode was the killer but then silly things like invisible wall glitches with explosives were discovered and it just felt a further kick in the teeth. I do think it was reasonably playable after 6 months though and I had a lot of fun especially on all the maps and trying out so many guns. If they got it right from day one, it would have been a near-perfect multiplayer experience. 

There's so much riding on BF2024, they need to get it right straight away this time. 

13 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Even back when I was a cod fanboy BF4 is still my favourite FPS of all time. I loved the choice between all out conquest and the cod feeling no vehicle conquest small, 10v10 Dom in effect.