Wreckfest - June Free Update - New Wrecking Mode

Yet another great update incoming to Wreckfest and I think this one has some great features, especially the brand new Wrecking Track! Patch info from BugBear below:

HIGHLIGHTS

• New tournament: Wrecking Madness
  • New free Wrecking Playground environment
  • New Speedbird GT tournament reward car
  • New Extreme damage mode
  • Improvements and fixes

We're excited to announce a new tournament, and this time it's something that's going to blow your socks off!

In 2013, we released the seminal tech demo "Sneak Peek" that gave you the first taste for Wreckfest (back then modestly called Next Car Game) and set the standard for our future endeavors. That was almost eight years ago, and now we're giving you the chance to relive the glory of that very tech demo! That's right - this update includes a new free track Wrecking Playground that's basically the tech demo environment reimagined, vastly expanded, improved and brought up to contemporary standards, not to mention that it's now available on all platforms. Not only that, but we also implemented a new tech demo inspired Extreme damage mode that cranks the visual damage knob all the way to 11 and disables gameplay health so you only get wrecked when you lose two or more wheels and the car is inoperable.

The tournament is themed around the Wrecking Playground environment, with the monthly event challenging you to score points by wrecking your car, destroying objects and getting airtime. To make sure you can really go to town with vehicular destruction, resetting the car will repair it instantly. The weeklies are timed events in which you need to collect the special Bugbear coins littered around the level as quickly as possible. And of course, since any tech demo remake wouldn't quite be the same without the iconic Speedbird with Next Car Game livery we're bringing it too back as a tournament reward.

And the best part? Wrecking Playground and the accompanying Extreme damage mode are both available in multiplayer as well. As a special trick, whenever the game mode is set to deathmatch or team deathmatch and damage mode to Extreme, single player or multiplayer, resetting will instantly repair the car just like in the tournament events so you can get the full Wrecking Madness experience with your friends as well!

As a standard practice, this release also contains a number of additional enhancements and bug fixes such as improved anti-aliasing and performance on PlayStation 5. We invite you to check out the release notes below for a complete summary of items fixed or improved upon. As always, thanks for all the feedback and please keep it coming!

Let's start wrecking!

RELEASE NOTES

Game version

PC: 1.277122
XB1/XSX: 2.0.0.8
PS4: 2.08
PS5: 1.008

CONTENT

• Added a new track: Wrecking Playground.
  • Server admins note: the internal designation for the track is wrecker01_1.

TOURNAMENT

• Introducing new tournament: Wrecking Madness
  • New tournament reward car: Speedbird GT.

SYSTEM

• (XB1/XSX) Game no longer sporadically crashes during multiplayer.
  • (PS5) Improved Voice Chat reliability.
  • (PS5) Improved multisample anti-aliasing.
  • (PS5) Improved performance.

MULTIPLAYER

• Improved dynamic objects syncing over network.

GAMEPLAY

• Added a new "Extreme" damage mode.
  • Improved Bandit and Bandit Ripper handling.
  • Improved dynamic dirt for a number of vehicles.

AUDIO/HAPTICS

• Speedbird engine audio no longer cuts off when the engine is over-revved.
  • Schoolbus, Motorhome, Supervan & Sofa Car loaners: Fixed triggering misconfiguration with gearshifter sounds.
  • (PS5) Fixed surface material misconfiguration that disabled some surface sounds and their haptic feedback.
  • (PS5) Decreased the effect of in-game physics to haptics intensity of track object and car-to-car collision rumbles.
  • (PS5) Added unique dynamic skid rumble for asphalt surfaces (take that Rocket RX for a spin!).
  • (PS5) Added unique rumble for barrel and fence collisions, player vehicle gearshift and backfires.
  • (PS5) Adjusted rumble style of low momentum collisions with track objects for a sharper/snappier feel.
  • (PS5) Lowered center frequency of low intensity car-to-car collision rumbles.

Let's give this a whirl next time on an FG Friday! Extreme damage and Wrecking Deathmatch track is on order 😄

2 minutes ago, Drifter said:

Do you have/play Wreckfest Lee? I've been looking at some gameplay vids online lately of it and it looks like a blast. I see they have it on PS store for about $25 or so. Been thinking about maybe downloading it.

I would definitely get it. 

We have a right laugh on it plus plenty of banter. 

slamminbones.png

1 hour ago, Drifter said:

Do you have/play Wreckfest Lee? I've been looking at some gameplay vids online lately of it and it looks like a blast. I see they have it on PS store for about $25 or so. Been thinking about maybe downloading it.

It's definitely in the FG rotation of games to play, can be great when there's a bunch of us on!

Just the other day I was thinking to myself "I wonder what happened to that New Car Game everyone was raving about a decade ago". 

Turns out it's Wreckfest. I'm not the brightest bulb in the box. 

banlol.png