VoG Atheon Oracles

GazzaGarratt

To achieve greatness and complete Atheon at the end, you now need to hit oracles in the correct order.

So how so you call them out? What problems do you have?

Happy to hear what you've got...

...although if we can't do left, mid, right with close and far we need sending into the trenches and shot at dawn. 😄

I've also seen it done well just concentrating on first 2 callous as the 3rd is obvious but no harm if you call it too to help out the shooters.

Personally I prefer the first two callouts and use left, mid, right and just call far and near if there’s 2 in the same side. I’ve only done the raid a number of times and @Riff Machine has the callouts down to perfection. As long as everyone shuts up and doesn’t tell the whole team that they’re being chased by supplicants mid call outs then you’ll be fine 

I don't trust myself with "near"/"far". Shit. Even @TurboR56Mini  doesn't trust my own spatial awareness IRL lol.

I'd have to run this like 10 - 15 times with people who absolutely don't care about my mistakes for me to get it down.

3 hours ago, RenFengge said:

I don't trust myself with "near"/"far". Shit. Even @TurboR56Mini  doesn't trust my own spatial awareness IRL lol.

I'd have to run this like 10 - 15 times with people who absolutely don't care about my mistakes for me to get it down.

I honestly don’t mind people making mistakes as long as they learn from

them etc. Fucking something up is how we get better at something 

4 hours ago, Venom said:

Each of the oracles make a unique pitch when they sound. So just recreate that pitch. This is obviously the intended method and I don’t see why others aren’t using it.

Others aren’t using it as it’s fucking impossible to remember each pitch 😂 too many people speak over them etc 

14 hours ago, Bluebear said:

I can barely make out how they sound anyway, the sides/distance callouts make far more sense for me when I've been shooting them.

I'm happy sticking with 'near, far, wherever you are'

Well, thanks for getting the song stuck in my head now lol.

I think its pretty clear that comms should quiet and to the point with these. That also means we all show some humility when someone starts calling them, it doesn't need another caller to call the same thing as we could overlap our words given were speaking over the internet and possible lag can hit. This also works the other way when on my run last week, I wasn't being a designated caller however both callers got teleported and its about noticing on the first oracle signs if no one is calling you may have to step up and do it. Its just about finding a good spot to see the callouts and not rushing when speaking.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I think its pretty clear that comms should quiet and to the point with these. That also means we all show some humility when someone starts calling them, it doesn't need another caller to call the same thing as we could overlap our words given were speaking over the internet and possible lag can hit. This also works the other way when on my run last week, I wasn't being a designated caller however both callers got teleported and its about noticing on the first oracle signs if no one is calling you may have to step up and do it. Its just about finding a good spot to see the callouts and not rushing when speaking.

Agreed. I mean, I didn't want to pick up the Relic when I got teleported, but I had to.

I didn't want to shoot Oracles during the Templar phase, and I cried about it a little. But, I did.

I'm fine with sitting on the platform when told what planet/area the other team is on.

Just... calling out what I see in the proper order? Lol.

Again, not even @TurboR56Mini  trusts my spatial awareness IRL. "Why did you think all of that stuff would fit in that jar?" ... "At least pour it over the sink instead of spilling it everywhere" ... "Why do you insist on parking crooked in the driveway?" 🤣 "No... that is absolutely not the center... and that's not half."

Yet, I'm perfectly fine with punching dead center on someone's sternum if needed. Figure that out.

I know my weaknesses. But I'll take calling out oracles before shooting them... until we get crossplay for raids. (I had a fantastic time on the PC version yesterday with @TurboR56Mini  and @Tar-Eruntalion ... my ability to just swap guns super quickly... aim without downsights... basically nail precision shots without depending on a bow and using almost any gun for them... :: sigh :: keyboard/mouse is just my speed, I guess). I wonder if it's easier to see what's near/far for Oracles if it's on PC.

But, yes... absolute quiet and calmness during Atheon is almost a requirement.

On 6/1/2021 at 3:57 PM, RenFengge said:

Agreed. I mean, I didn't want to pick up the Relic when I got teleported, but I had to.

I didn't want to shoot Oracles during the Templar phase, and I cried about it a little. But, I did.

I'm fine with sitting on the platform when told what planet/area the other team is on.

Just... calling out what I see in the proper order? Lol.

Again, not even @TurboR56Mini  trusts my spatial awareness IRL. "Why did you think all of that stuff would fit in that jar?" ... "At least pour it over the sink instead of spilling it everywhere" ... "Why do you insist on parking crooked in the driveway?" 🤣 "No... that is absolutely not the center... and that's not half."

Yet, I'm perfectly fine with punching dead center on someone's sternum if needed. Figure that out.

I know my weaknesses. But I'll take calling out oracles before shooting them... until we get crossplay for raids. (I had a fantastic time on the PC version yesterday with @TurboR56Mini  and @Tar-Eruntalion ... my ability to just swap guns super quickly... aim without downsights... basically nail precision shots without depending on a bow and using almost any gun for them... :: sigh :: keyboard/mouse is just my speed, I guess). I wonder if it's easier to see what's near/far for Oracles if it's on PC.

But, yes... absolute quiet and calmness during Atheon is almost a requirement.

Have you tried K+M on the PS4?

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

On 5/30/2021 at 12:43 PM, Teenwolf25 said:

Personally I prefer the first two callouts and use left, mid, right and just call far and near if there’s 2 in the same side. I’ve only done the raid a number of times and @Riff Machine has the callouts down to perfection. As long as everyone shuts up and doesn’t tell the whole team that they’re being chased by supplicants mid call outs then you’ll be fine 

Aww.  🥰😘🤪

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Honestly, the far-near call out works best IMO.  There’s a nice spot to stand on the back wall where you can see all of them perfectly.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

1 hour ago, Riff Machine said:

Honestly, the far-near call out works best IMO.  There’s a nice spot to stand on the back wall where you can see all of them perfectly.

Yeah we will be sticking with near-far, Charlie was only joking when he suggested mimicking the sound of each oracle .

I know where you mean on the back wall, and it works pretty well but I’ve also seen teams go to the ‘damage’ platform and call from there, as I think it’s easier to distinguish fear and near from there. Will try it next time I’m there. 
Have LFGd this a few times now and come across some pretty odd strategies !! Nothing beats near far, left right middle !!

2 hours ago, Baabcat said:

Yeah we will be sticking with near-far, Charlie was only joking when he suggested mimicking the sound of each oracle .

I know where you mean on the back wall, and it works pretty well but I’ve also seen teams go to the ‘damage’ platform and call from there, as I think it’s easier to distinguish fear and near from there. Will try it next time I’m there. 
Have LFGd this a few times now and come across some pretty odd strategies !! Nothing beats near far, left right middle !!

The centre platform is good if your good at staying alive. Probably best to not let Kempy read from there.... 😂

I totally believe the middle platform is far superior and safer than the strat behind the portals. I've noticed over the past 2 days that you more open to be blown up by supplicants and harpys, alongside getting ground slammed backwards into the portal and then all co-ordination is gone. Yes, you can die from not jumping into the middle correctly but i'd take that over so many other things going wrong near the portal.

I'm also open to wanting to try a Merciless run at some point. I think 5 Merciless fusions alongside a Divinity would be wreck Atheon to shreds.