Dying Light 2: Stay Human

I will actually look forward to this and hope it's decent.

The first one caught me by surprise as I was never really into zombie melee type games. But I watched a guy called ShoSho playing it, and the look of it just sucked me in. Didn't disappoint, probably one of my favourite games of the last 10 years in fact. It still looks good now but the parkour and the day/night mechanics really made you feel like you were in Harran. Its was genuinely creepy. One thing I noted though and will remember: I spent most of the game hoping to find guns but when I finally did, it became too easy and I stopped playing. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 5/27/2021 at 9:36 PM, phil bottle said:

I will actually look forward to this and hope it's decent.

The first one caught me by surprise as I was never really into zombie melee type games. But I watched a guy called ShoSho playing it, and the look of it just sucked me in. Didn't disappoint, probably one of my favourite games of the last 10 years in fact. It still looks good now but the parkour and the day/night mechanics really made you feel like you were in Harran. Its was genuinely creepy. One thing I noted though and will remember: I spent most of the game hoping to find guns but when I finally did, it became too easy and I stopped playing. 

That's absolutely on the money there Phil. The game was actually a fantastic surprise when we played it. The co-op experience was great, the night time craziness was intense and gripping, and then the near perfect parkour was something i've never experience before in a game. All I remember was Chip @warsaint98  managing to get the best sword in the game and then gifting it to each of us for our own campaigns...and it literally ruined the rest of the story - that and the fact your storyline would automatically fast forward and skip huge content if you joined somebody later on in the game.

@crispymorgan  loved this game too. I'd definitely love a co-op playthrough properly next time out.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Dying Light is among my favourite games that i have ever played and as soon as i completed it i was waiting for this to come out. I loved every aspect of it, from the crafting to the parkour element, and the night time experience really got my heart  pumping! I'm really hoping this lives up to the quality of the first game and doesnt dissapoint.

On 6/15/2021 at 10:37 AM, crispymorgan said:

Yeah, the game lost its edge when you could send zombies to space.

Yeah, it got abit weird at one stage but it was still a goundbreaking game due to all the parkour in it. I'm looking forward to seeing how slick this one will be, maybe one for the Xmas Wishlist from Santa 😄

This arrives in a couple of weeks and I'm bloody tempted to grab it from the off even if that means playing Elden Ring and GT7 a little later than planned. It's been in development for 5 years and whilst it doesn't look like a huge leap forward over the original, it will certainly be laden with content on what should be a very enjoyable gameplay foundation. The original game which has been out for a staggering 7 years already had been one of the most underappreciated success stories of the last generation and developers Techland provided some excellent post-launch support with that. 

Dying Light sold 17m copies by 2019 and is probably past 20m now which is crazy but completely deserved. I just hope the sequel can capture the same level of interest and quality. 

I won't pick it up at launch but with the postponement of Stalker 2 I think I'll be on it pretty soon after. It looks good and I hope the parkour and melee is done well. Tempted to reinstall the first one again in the meantime.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Under the radar game (again) and after re-reading this thread, i'll admit i'm hyped but keeping it very under wraps. The thrill of the night time mixed with Parkour was something to behold.

5 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

The thrill of the night time mixed with Parkour was something to behold.

I absolutely loved that in the first one. When it got to night and you had to literally just run your ass off to get to a safe place it got so intense!! I have to admit I can't wait for this to come out 😀😀

I played this for a few hours yesterday. It's more of the same so if you liked the first you'll like this one.

My 2 major problems are:

1) The timer you get at night giving you limited time outside before you need to find a UV source is just annoying.

2) Having to find "inhibitors" to increase your health or stamina. I'd be OK with it for health but I don't like not being able to increase your stamina by just running around like in the first game.

fart.gif

2 hours ago, MrBiron said:

I played this for a few hours yesterday. It's more of the same so if you liked the first you'll like this one.

My 2 major problems are:

1) The timer you get at night giving you limited time outside before you need to find a UV source is just annoying.

2) Having to find "inhibitors" to increase your health or stamina. I'd be OK with it for health but I don't like not being able to increase your stamina by just running around like in the first game.

I saw the timer mechanic at night time and I agree, I think it's stupid. Night time is already scary, doesn't need to be annoying. Think I'll wait until it's a bit cheaper but I do want to play. Hopefully they'll have removed Denuvo by the time I get it.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 2/5/2022 at 11:38 AM, phil bottle said:

I saw the timer mechanic at night time and I agree, I think it's stupid. Night time is already scary, doesn't need to be annoying. Think I'll wait until it's a bit cheaper but I do want to play. Hopefully they'll have removed Denuvo by the time I get it.

When you level up the timer gets longer and you can craft items to extend it. So it becomes less of an issue after a few hours of play. 

fart.gif

28 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

When you level up the timer gets longer and you can craft items to extend it. So it becomes less of an issue after a few hours of play. 

That's good to know. It is mostly getting great reviews from what I see

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

This mod looks essential

My biggest worry with Dying Light 2 was the floaty physics and animations overriding the combat output. Seems this is a great foundation to restore the DL2 to what the original was. The developers put so much effort into the parkour with thousands of animations but the end result feels very lightweight and arcadey whereas the original felt way more authentic despite being simple. Having animations instead of true physics was also a very strange decision that made it look worse than the original. I'm excited to see how this mod develops and what else the community does. Darker nights and more terror is surely high upon the list..

Dying Light 2 has added a plethora of microtransactions and also forces users to buy their in-game premium currency to obtain in-game items. Another masterclass from Tencent - destroy your brand and alienate your players in the hope of making a few extra bucks die hard fans of the game. Lost count of how many games these shitty companies can absolutely ruin. Dying Light was an absolute masterpiece just less than a decade ago and to see the state of the series now and the ethics behind it is so sad. 

WWW.PCGAMESN.COM

Dying Light 2 microtransactions prompt negative Steam reviews, as DL2 dev Techland says it will “figure out” the controversial feature in the zombie sequel.

First game was amazing up until you get a gun. Guns ruin it. Fortunately I was very late game when I got them. 

They did support and add a lot of extra content for it but I've held off on the second game. I have it wishlisted on Steam but every time it comes up on sale I remember that I heard its not as good, so still  not tried it. 

Microtransactions = no chance I'll buy it now unless I get it for free

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I think the way that Dying Light 1 implemented the save/co-op function just hit the game hard as many of us enjoyed the first one up until we realised our save points would be overwritten by the lead person's progress. You could get the most OP sword in the game early too but then again @crispymorgan could say how much gamebreaking that was getting it so early in the game.

On 9/12/2023 at 6:47 PM, phil bottle said:

First game was amazing up until you get a gun. Guns ruin it. Fortunately I was very late game when I got them. 

They did support and add a lot of extra content for it but I've held off on the second game. I have it wishlisted on Steam but every time it comes up on sale I remember that I heard its not as good, so still  not tried it. 

Microtransactions = no chance I'll buy it now unless I get it for free

It wasn't the guns, it was the ammo. Far too much of it, if every trigger pull involved skme serious decision making it'd be much better and immersive. Like when you get your first guns on DayZ. But ammo was everywhere which just trivialized everything. Pity.

banlol.png